Help with Hugin 2019.2

Nor Schramm

Hi,
 Thanks for allowing me in. A little about myself. I've been doing astrophotography for many years and occasionally want to image an object that  is larger than the field of view of my equipment. The obvious way of doing that  is to image the object in sections and then stitch them together to form one complete image. In the past I have been using  Photoshop to manually match the segments and back grounds. A difficult problem at times. An acquaintance put me on to Hugin so I loaded up version 2012 and gave it a try on the, Pleiades. To my pleasant surprise it did a very good job of combining the 2x3 image grid into a single picture.

Later When I tried to open Hugin again, it requested the lens info twice and then quit. I tried it several more time even after rebooting the PC but still no luck. I decided to uninstall 2012 and get the  latest from the website 2019.2 for 64bit WIndows10 PC.

In trying out the new version  I load up 8 segments of a 2x4 mosaic. Click on    and when I click on STITCH it tells me that " There are no active images in the output region". What  is the output region and how do i get images into it?

Thanks
 Nor Schramm

--
40°50’25.88"N / 74°54’52.75"W