Re: Nepal

Tom O'Connell

Jayanand

I browsed through them last
Night.  They really are terrific...  as in NatGeo quality.  I like many of them but really struck by penguins!!!

Tom O'Connell
tomoconnell44@...

On Nov 30, 2019, at 8:03 PM, Jayanand <jayanand@...> wrote:

Tom,
I have started posting them online

Cheers
Jayanand

On 01-Dec-2019, at 09:26, Tom O'Connell via Groups.Io <tomoc@...> wrote:

Can’t wait to see both of your images !!!!

Tom

Tom O'Connell

On Nov 30, 2019, at 7:50 PM, Jayanand <jayanand@...> wrote:

Stunning vista.

Have fun at Chitwan - I have never been there!

Cheers
Jayanand

On 01-Dec-2019, at 07:00, Stephen Mustoe <smustoe@...> wrote:

Namaste!

I’m finished with my 12-day trek in the Annapurna region. A wonderful time, visually rich and rewarding. My aging body held up fine, far less of a challenge than I’d expected (feared?). I traveled through a mix of old familiar villages and several new ones. I think I came away with several images worth sharing in upcoming exchanges.

The steady incursion of basic dirt roads, replacing centuries-old stone stepped trails, is a blessing for the people of rural Nepal. Alas, the visual impact is hard for me to adjust to. I was fortunate to have several days of just trail, but when I did have to spend time trudging along a road I reminded myself to look up. The mountains are still there!

In a few days I’m off to Chitwan National Park, at low altitude along the Indian border. After freezing my butt off in the mountains I’m looking forward to some warm weather. I should be able to see lots of birds and some rhinos. There are also tigers there, but it takes more work than I’m willing to do to have a decent chance of seeing one. I am nowhere near as committed as Jayanand ;)

Steve

I’ve tried to attach a quick iPhone shot of sunset in the village of Ghandruk but don’t know if it will upload. Not used to working off a phone :(

<8C639990-D4DD-4FE6-A968-CEDA6A926254.jpeg>

Join print-exchanges@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.