From: Jean Rosenbaum
To: podhajce@...
Sent: Sunday, September 8, 2013 9:42 PM
Subject: [podhajce] Podhajce on YouTube

Below are the links to 2 Podhajce videos.  One is of the synagogue
and the other was taken in the cemetery.

The Synagogue video is at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7HQ8JfKlTM

The cemetery video is at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbqCYhLq0OU

Jean Rosenbaum

P.S.  Shana Tovah to all Podhajce researchers

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    podhajce-digest@...
    podhajce-fullfeatured@...

Binnie Yeates

Thanks, Jean - wonderful videos, which are moving and make me want to go there immediately!

Binnie Yeates

On Sunday, 17 November 2013, 3:48, JK wrote:

Hey whats up with the middle eastern horror movie music soundtrack?

Maybe some klezmer would have suited it better_

Below are the links to 2 Podhajce videos.  One is of the synagogue
and the other was taken in the cemetery.

The Synagogue video is at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7HQ8JfKlTM

The cemetery video is at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbqCYhLq0OU

Jean Rosenbaum

P.S.  Shana Tovah to all Podhajce researchers

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    podhajce-digest@...
    podhajce-fullfeatured@...

Caryl Foster <caryl_foster@...>

Thank you for the very moving videos!
Does anyone have any information at all on touring Podhajce and surrounding areas with a guide?  I also had relatives who were from Kozowa and would like to take a trip this coming year.  Can anyone help me?  I tried to contact Alex Dunai but never heard back.
Thank you!

On Sunday, November 17, 2013 2:12 AM, Binnie Yeates wrote:

[...]

If you get any help with this, Caryl, can you please pass it on, because I'd like to take a trip to Podhajce and Zborow, and have no idea at all about how to do it.

Binnie

On Sunday, 17 November 2013, 17:53, Caryl Foster <caryl_foster@...> wrote:

[...]

Cynthia Singer

Perhaps Meylach Scheykhat can help. This is his contact.

Please use my name, Cindy Singer. We have been colleagues ( Union of Councils for Soviet Jews) and friends now for years.

All the best,
Cindy

On Sunday, 17 November 2013, 3:48, JK <jeffckellner@...> wrote:

Hey whats up with the middle eastern horror movie music soundtrack?

Maybe some klezmer would have suited it better_

Below are the links to 2 Podhajce videos.  One is of the synagogue
and the other was taken in the cemetery.

The Synagogue video is at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7HQ8JfKlTM

The cemetery video is at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbqCYhLq0OU

Jean Rosenbaum

P.S.  Shana Tovah to all Podhajce researchers

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    podhajce-digest@...
    podhajce-fullfeatured@...

Caryl Foster <caryl_foster@...>

Thanks Cindy, I will and I will keep you posted!  Regards!

On Sunday, November 17, 2013 5:06 PM, Cynthia Singer wrote:

[...]

Bonnie <bonnie610@...>

Thank you for the video's. I actually found a picture of my great-great grandfather's tombstone in the Podhajce cemetery on jewishgen.org. His name was Hersch Kressel. His granddaughter(my grandma) is still alive at 107yrs old. She was born in NY and visited her grandfather in Podhajce when she was a little girl, around 1910. It was unbelievable that I was able to show my grandma her grandfather's headstone. She told me that Hersch Kressel was a hebrew school teacher.
Regards, Bonnie Gordon
http://data.jewishgen.org/imagedata/jowbr/UKR-01359/114Podhajce.jpg

meylach@...
Please use my name, Cindy Singer. We have been colleagues ( Union of
Councils for Soviet Jews) and friends now for years.
All the best,
Cindy

Sent from my iPhone