Topics

Fw: Trying to find my grandmother's family

Ellen Epstein

Hello,

My grandmother, Channah Goldfleiss, emigrated to NY from Podhajce in 1921 when she was 18, according to her records from Ellis Island.  Unfortunately, she didn’t speak about her family very much and I didn’t think to ask until it was too late.  I miss her terribly and would like to honor her memory by trying to find out what became of them.

I know that her father and her brother passed away prior to her leaving.  She could never find any traces of her mother and her sister(s).  I don’t know if she had any other siblings.  I checked the yizkor entries and no one with the last name of Goldfleiss was listed.  I was hoping that someone in your group would have some information about the family or could give me an idea where to start looking.

Thank you so much for your help.

Kindest regards,

Ellen Epstein
yankee_ellen@...

Carol Cohen

none of us have ever heard of that name.  cg

[Who is 'us'?, wonders Jerome the moderator]