Topics

Blog post about WWI in Podhajce

jerome schatten

Very interesting Blog post with cards and photos -- a good read:

http://riowang.blogspot.nl/2012/11/all-quiet-in-eastern-front.html

Best,
Jerome

Cynthia Singer

Thank you Jerome. Indeed, this brings me closer to understanding the war my grandfather Mendel Walfish was conscripted into and became a POW in Siberia before returning and then emigrating.
Warmest regards,
Cynthia Singer

On May 12, 2013, at 11:54 PM, Jerome Schatten <romers@...> wrote:

Very interesting Blog post with cards and photos -- a good read:

http://riowang.blogspot.nl/2012/11/all-quiet-in-eastern-front.html

Best,
Jerome

jerome schatten

Cynthia... I'm pleased that you found this link of value! I've added the link to our Shtetlinks Website:
http://www.shtetlinks.jewishgen.org/podhajce/ in the 'History' section.

You may enjoy, as I did, getting 'trapped' into hours of very interesting reading as these 'riowang' folks explore many other towns in Galicia, Bukovina, etc.

Best,
jerome

On 13-05-13 05:38 AM, Cynthia Singer wrote:
Thank you Jerome. Indeed, this brings me closer to understanding the war my grandfather Mendel Walfish was conscripted into and became a POW in Siberia before returning and then emigrating.
Warmest regards,
Cynthia Singer

Sent from my iPhone

On May 12, 2013, at 11:54 PM, Jerome Schatten <romers@... <mailto:romers@...>> wrote:

Very interesting Blog post with cards and photos -- a good read:

http://riowang.blogspot.nl/2012/11/all-quiet-in-eastern-front.html

Best,
Jerome

Cynthia Singer