From: "Carol Gene Cohen cgandhc@... [podhajce]"
To: podhajce@...
Sent: Monday, 28 March 2016, 21:19
Subject: Re: [podhajce] any contact in Pidaitsi

Are you related to Joyce Haselkorn?  cg
On Mar 28, 2016, at 12:01 AM, Faye Haselkorn fhaselkorn@... [podhajce] <podhajce@...> wrote:

Hello,  my great grandfather was born  in podhajce (now in Ukraine) and emigrated to the US at the end of the 19th century.  I happen to be in Ukraine now and plan to visit the town where he came from.  Does anyone have any contacts in the area who I might reach out to for information or assistance?
Thanks,
Faye

Carol Cohen

Are you related to Joyce Haselkorn?  cg

On Mar 28, 2016, at 12:01 AM, Faye Haselkorn fhaselkorn@... [podhajce] <podhajce@...> wrote:

Hello,  my great grandfather was born  in podhajce (now in Ukraine) and emigrated to the US at the end of the 19th century.  I happen to be in Ukraine now and plan to visit the town where he came from.  Does anyone have any contacts in the area who I might reach out to for information or assistance?
Thanks,
Faye

Cynthia Singer

Hi Faye
Yes, Meylach is who I was going to suggest. Tell him warmest regards from Cindy Singer.
We have been Board Members of UCSJ.

Good luck
Cindy

On Mar 28, 2016, at 6:01 AM, JK jeffckellner@... [podhajce] <podhajce@...> wrote:

Hi Faye,

Try calling Meylach Shechet, he is an important Jewish figure in Ukraine, he lives in Lviv and protects many Jewish sites. He may have a guide for you.

skype: meylakh.sheykhet

Meylakh fenced in the massive Pidhaitsi Jewish cemetery about 10 years ago.

I sent Meylakh a skype message with your email address.

I used Lviv-based Alex Dunai in 2000 as a guide. He drove me out to Pidhaitsi and interviewed people and translated for me, so I understood what everyone in the town was saying (they were nice people in town and local efforts were recently made to clean up and secure the synagogue).

I met Alex 16 years ago so it is possible he does not do tours anymore.

In Lviv tel:

33-77-69
33-77-68
.

Or read this Yahoo blog regarding tour guides for the Pidhaitsi area:

GOOD LUCK!

Jeff

Hello,  my great grandfather was born  in podhajce (now in Ukraine) and emigrated to the US at the end of the 19th century.  I happen to be in Ukraine now and plan to visit the town where he came from.  Does anyone have any contacts in the area who I might reach out to for information or assistance?
Thanks,
Faye

E Feinstein

contact Alex Denisenko at tuagtuag@...
I have used him many times for Lvov region research and he is fantastic.

My grandfather was born there, too, in about 1880 and came to the UK in about 1903. Please, can you pass on any responses you get to your request? On day, I hope to go there, too (if I live long enough! :))

Binnie

Hello,  my great grandfather was born  in podhajce (now in Ukraine) and emigrated to the US at the end of the 19th century.  I happen to be in Ukraine now and plan to visit the town where he came from.  Does anyone have any contacts in the area who I might reach out to for information or assistance?
Thanks,
Faye

JK

meylach@...

skype: meylakh.sheykhet

Meylakh fenced in the massive Pidhaitsi Jewish cemetery about 10 years ago.

I sent Meylakh a skype message with your email address.

I used Lviv-based Alex Dunai in 2000 as a guide. He drove me out to Pidhaitsi and interviewed people and translated for me, so I understood what everyone in the town was saying (they were nice people in town and local efforts were recently made to clean up and secure the synagogue).

I met Alex 16 years ago so it is possible he does not do tours anymore.

dunai@...

In Lviv tel:

33-77-69
33-77-68