Date   
Re: Test Yahoo Podhajce Group > Groups.io Podhajce Group... Testing

Ellen Epstein
 

Thanks for sending me the link to the new group.

I'm still trying to find out about my grandmother, Chane/Hannah Goldfleiss and her family from Podhajce.  I've encountered several emails and articles and think that her last name might have been anglicized to Goldfleiss from Goldflysch, Goldfleisch or Goldflisch.  

I'm hoping that maybe someone in the group might have some knowledge with a family with the last name of Goldflysch, Goldfleisch or Goldflisch from Podhajce.

Thanks in advance for all of your help,
Ellen Epstein

On Sunday, May 27, 2018, 1:51:48 PM CDT, Jean Rosenbaum <jrosenbaum1417@...> wrote:


Thanks Jerome for continuing your service to Podhajce researchers for so many years.
 
Jean Rosenbaum
 
From: Jerome Schatten
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2018 6:39 PM
To: podhajce@groups.io
Subject: [podhajce-io] Test Yahoo Podhajce Group > Groups.io Podhajce Group... Testing
 
Greetings Podhajcers...

By now 79 of the 99 members of this group should have received a notice that I have moved the group from Yahoo Groups to Groups.IO. 20 email addresses bounced during the transition, and they, if they ever figure it out, those folks whose email has bounced will have to join the new group.

If you indeed received a notice, then you should be good to go. The URL of the new site is http://groups.io/g/podhajce/ It should allow you to send and receive messages just as before without changing your login name or password or anything else. The two interfaces, old and new look pretty much the same.

The main reason for switching to another provider for our discussion group is the miserable performance of Yahoo in protecting your data (and mine), and in general their new privacy policies which I could not in good conscience commit to, and by extension, commit you to.

For now, both portals should work. That is, if you post to, or read posts from http://groups.yahoo.com/podhajce/ OR http://groups.io/g/podhajce/  both should work and both should continue sending you mail. That said, after a while, the Yahoo group will not work because I will have not agreed to their privacy policy as a group owner. 

So there you are... Hopefully, either the new group's website on-line help can answer you questions, or I can try.

The best to you all and let's hope for more Podhajce group activity in the future than in the last year <g>.

Jerome Schatten
Group Owner for groups.io/g/podhajce/ & groups.yahoo.com/podhajce/
iromicu@...




Re: Farb/Lerner

Carol Cohen
 

I am related to Feign Lerner, Susan - Email me above  Carol Cohen

On May 27, 2018, at 8:50 PM, susan farb via Groups.Io <muffy3122000@...> wrote:

 Thought I'd list my Farb/Lerner family.  My gg-grandfather was Avrum Farb, married to Dwora.  His son, Aaron, came to Galveston, TX.  Later, my g-grandmother, Feiga Lerner came to marry him.  Thank you again, Jean Rosenbaum, for helping me find her Ellis Island record. 

Susan Farb
 
Never give up.  And never, under any circumstances, face the facts.~Ruth Gordon



From: Jerome Schatten <iromicu@...>
To: podhajce@groups.io
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2018 3:14 PM
Subject: Re: [podhajce-io] Test Yahoo Podhajce Group > Groups.io Podhajce Group... Testing

And thank you for starting the List in the first place, and your work in getting the Podhajce Yizkor book published, and, and….
Best,
jerome


> On May 27, 2018, at 11:51, Jean Rosenbaum <jrosenbaum1417@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks Jerome for continuing your service to Podhajce researchers for so many years.
>
> Jean Rosenbaum
>






Re: Test Yahoo Podhajce Group > Groups.io Podhajce Group... Testing

Jill Rothwell
 

Randall, so interested to hear of your visit. Your Ruthenian towns sound similar to the hamlets we visited. We did our trip also with Alex Dunai and driven by Vassily. I put a bunch of images on this site, so hope these are visible.
Regards
Jill Rothwell
--
Jill Rothwell 34C Arney Crescent Remuera Auckland 1050 New Zealand E: jillrothwell@... T: +64 21655529

Re: Test Yahoo Podhajce Group > Groups.io Podhajce Group... Testing

jerome schatten
 

Yes Jill your photos are visible and excellent - good work!
j.

On May 28, 2018, at 22:22, Jill Rothwell <jillrothwell@...> wrote:

Randall, so interested to hear of your visit. Your Ruthenian towns sound similar to the hamlets we visited. We did our trip also with Alex Dunai and driven by Vassily. I put a bunch of images on this site, so hope these are visible.
Regards
Jill Rothwell
--
Jill Rothwell 34C Arney Crescent Remuera Auckland 1050 New Zealand E: jillrothwell@... T: +64 21655529

Re: Farb/Lerner

Jean Rosenbaum
 

Susan—I don’t know if I ever told you this story.  Your g-grandmother, Feiga Lerner Farb was a good friend of my Grandmother, Sarah Lehrer Zinn.   As you know, they both came to Galveston, Texas when they immigrated to the U.S.   When my sister was a young girl, she put ketchup on everything served at a meal, and it always upset my grandmother.  So one day, Feiga took the bottle of ketchup home with her and told my sister that she would make her a ketchup cake.  Somehow, that cake never got made, but the ketchup habit got broken.  Not an important story, but connections are always interesting.
 
Jean Rosenbaum 
 

From: susan farb via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2018 8:50 PM
To: podhajce@groups.io
Subject: [podhajce-io] Farb/Lerner
 
Thought I'd list my Farb/Lerner family.  My gg-grandfather was Avrum Farb, married to Dwora.  His son, Aaron, came to Galveston, TX.  Later, my g-grandmother, Feiga Lerner came to marry him.  Thank you again, Jean Rosenbaum, for helping me find her Ellis Island record.
 
Susan Farb
 
Never give up.  And never, under any circumstances, face the facts.~Ruth Gordon



From: Jerome Schatten <iromicu@...>
To: podhajce@groups.io
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2018 3:14 PM
Subject: Re: [podhajce-io] Test Yahoo Podhajce Group > Groups.io Podhajce Group... Testing
 
And thank you for starting the List in the first place, and your work in getting the Podhajce Yizkor book published, and, and….
Best,
jerome


> On May 27, 2018, at 11:51, Jean Rosenbaum <jrosenbaum1417@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks Jerome for continuing your service to Podhajce researchers for so many years.
>
> Jean Rosenbaum
>





Re: Farb/Lerner

susan farb
 

Thanks, Jean.  I'm putting that story with my Farb/Lerner information.  My sister put ketchup on everything when she was little, too. 

Susan Farb

Never give up.  And never, under any circumstances, face the facts.~Ruth Gordon



From: Jean Rosenbaum <jrosenbaum1417@...>
To: podhajce@groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 5:05 PM
Subject: Re: [podhajce-io] Farb/Lerner

Susan—I don’t know if I ever told you this story.  Your g-grandmother, Feiga Lerner Farb was a good friend of my Grandmother, Sarah Lehrer Zinn.   As you know, they both came to Galveston, Texas when they immigrated to the U.S.   When my sister was a young girl, she put ketchup on everything served at a meal, and it always upset my grandmother.  So one day, Feiga took the bottle of ketchup home with her and told my sister that she would make her a ketchup cake.  Somehow, that cake never got made, but the ketchup habit got broken.  Not an important story, but connections are always interesting.
 
Jean Rosenbaum 
 
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2018 8:50 PM
Subject: [podhajce-io] Farb/Lerner
 
Thought I'd list my Farb/Lerner family.  My gg-grandfather was Avrum Farb, married to Dwora.  His son, Aaron, came to Galveston, TX.  Later, my g-grandmother, Feiga Lerner came to marry him.  Thank you again, Jean Rosenbaum, for helping me find her Ellis Island record.
 
Susan Farb
 
Never give up.  And never, under any circumstances, face the facts.~Ruth Gordon



From: Jerome Schatten <iromicu@...>
To: podhajce@groups.io
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2018 3:14 PM
Subject: Re: [podhajce-io] Test Yahoo Podhajce Group > Groups.io Podhajce Group... Testing
 
And thank you for starting the List in the first place, and your work in getting the Podhajce Yizkor book published, and, and….
Best,
jerome


> On May 27, 2018, at 11:51, Jean Rosenbaum <jrosenbaum1417@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks Jerome for continuing your service to Podhajce researchers for so many years.
>
> Jean Rosenbaum
>







Re: Farb/Lerner

Carol Cohen
 

Dear Jean:  My Father’s first cousin, Goldie, My grandmother, Rosa Sass Waldman’s Niece, was married to Feign Lerner's son!  Harriet Geller pf Houston is her daughter.  Carol Gene Coen

On May 30, 2018, at 5:04 PM, Jean Rosenbaum <jrosenbaum1417@...> wrote:

Susan—I don’t know if I ever told you this story.  Your g-grandmother, Feiga Lerner Farb was a good friend of my Grandmother, Sarah Lehrer Zinn.   As you know, they both came to Galveston, Texas when they immigrated to the U.S.   When my sister was a young girl, she put ketchup on everything served at a meal, and it always upset my grandmother.  So one day, Feiga took the bottle of ketchup home with her and told my sister that she would make her a ketchup cake.  Somehow, that cake never got made, but the ketchup habit got broken.  Not an important story, but connections are always interesting.
 
Jean Rosenbaum 
 
From: susan farb via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2018 8:50 PM
To: podhajce@groups.io
Subject: [podhajce-io] Farb/Lerner
 
Thought I'd list my Farb/Lerner family.  My gg-grandfather was Avrum Farb, married to Dwora.  His son, Aaron, came to Galveston, TX.  Later, my g-grandmother, Feiga Lerner came to marry him.  Thank you again, Jean Rosenbaum, for helping me find her Ellis Island record.
 
Susan Farb
 
Never give up.  And never, under any circumstances, face the facts.~Ruth Gordon



From: Jerome Schatten <iromicu@...>
To: podhajce@groups.io
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2018 3:14 PM
Subject: Re: [podhajce-io] Test Yahoo Podhajce Group > Groups.io Podhajce Group... Testing
 
And thank you for starting the List in the first place, and your work in getting the Podhajce Yizkor book published, and, and….
Best,
jerome


> On May 27, 2018, at 11:51, Jean Rosenbaum <jrosenbaum1417@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks Jerome for continuing your service to Podhajce researchers for so many years.
>
> Jean Rosenbaum
>






Re: Farb/Lerner

JK
 

Any Podhajcers related to any of my relatives? All born in Podhajce. My grandparents moved to Hicksville, LI, NY.

My grandfather was Jakob Kellner (mothers maiden name, Kahn, first wife's: Feuerstein) 1875-1950. He had three sisters, possibly in Ohio? Occupation: harness-maker and upholstry repairman. Probably born in nearby Sokolov.

My grandma was Charna (Cecilia) Zitron/Citron. 1902-1966.



--------------------------------------------

On Fri, 6/1/18, Carol Cohen <cgandhc@...> wrote:

Subject: Re: [podhajce-io] Farb/Lerner
To: podhajce@groups.io
Date: Friday, June 1, 2018, 6:42 PM

Dear Jean:
 My Father’s first cousin, Goldie, My grandmother, Rosa
Sass Waldman’s Niece, was married to Feign Lerner's
son!  Harriet Geller pf Houston is her daughter.  Carol
Gene Coen

On May 30, 2018, at 5:04 PM, Jean
Rosenbaum <jrosenbaum1417@...>
wrote:




Susan—I don’t know if I ever
told you this story.  Your g-grandmother,
Feiga Lerner Farb was a good friend of my Grandmother, Sarah
Lehrer
Zinn.   As you know, they both came to Galveston, Texas
when they
immigrated to the U.S.   When my sister was a young girl,
she put
ketchup on everything served at a meal, and it always upset
my
grandmother.  So one day, Feiga took the bottle of ketchup
home with her
and told my sister that she would make her a ketchup cake. 
Somehow, that
cake never got made, but the ketchup habit got broken.  Not
an important
story, but connections are always interesting.
 
Jean Rosenbaum 


 

From: susan farb via
Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2018 8:50
PM
To:
podhajce@groups.io
Subject: [podhajce-io]
Farb/Lerner
 




Thought
I'd list my Farb/Lerner
family.  My gg-grandfather was Avrum Farb, married to
Dwora.  His son,
Aaron, came to Galveston, TX.  Later, my g-grandmother,
Feiga Lerner came
to marry him.  Thank you again, Jean Rosenbaum, for helping
me find her
Ellis Island record.
 
Susan Farb
 

Never give up.  And never, under any
circumstances,
face the facts.~Ruth Gordon








From: Jerome Schatten
<iromicu@...>
To:
podhajce@groups.io

Sent:
Sunday, May 27, 2018 3:14 PM
Subject: Re:
[podhajce-io] Test Yahoo
Podhajce Group > Groups.io Podhajce Group...
Testing


 
And thank
you for starting the
List in the first place, and your work in getting the
Podhajce Yizkor book
published, and, and….
Best,
jerome


> On May 27, 2018, at 11:51, Jean
Rosenbaum <jrosenbaum1417@...>
wrote:
>
> Thanks Jerome for
continuing your
service to Podhajce researchers for so many years.
>
> Jean Rosenbaum
>

Re: Farb/Lerner

susan farb
 

 Hi, Carol.  Which Son?  Susan
 
Never give up.  And never, under any circumstances, face the facts.~Ruth Gordon



From: Carol Cohen <cgandhc@...>
To: podhajce@groups.io
Sent: Friday, June 1, 2018 11:42 AM
Subject: Re: [podhajce-io] Farb/Lerner

Dear Jean:  My Father’s first cousin, Goldie, My grandmother, Rosa Sass Waldman’s Niece, was married to Feign Lerner's son!  Harriet Geller pf Houston is her daughter.  Carol Gene Coen

On May 30, 2018, at 5:04 PM, Jean Rosenbaum <jrosenbaum1417@...> wrote:

Susan—I don’t know if I ever told you this story.  Your g-grandmother, Feiga Lerner Farb was a good friend of my Grandmother, Sarah Lehrer Zinn.   As you know, they both came to Galveston, Texas when they immigrated to the U.S.   When my sister was a young girl, she put ketchup on everything served at a meal, and it always upset my grandmother.  So one day, Feiga took the bottle of ketchup home with her and told my sister that she would make her a ketchup cake.  Somehow, that cake never got made, but the ketchup habit got broken.  Not an important story, but connections are always interesting.
 
Jean Rosenbaum 
 
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2018 8:50 PM
Subject: [podhajce-io] Farb/Lerner
 
Thought I'd list my Farb/Lerner family.  My gg-grandfather was Avrum Farb, married to Dwora.  His son, Aaron, came to Galveston, TX.  Later, my g-grandmother, Feiga Lerner came to marry him.  Thank you again, Jean Rosenbaum, for helping me find her Ellis Island record.
 
Susan Farb
 
Never give up.  And never, under any circumstances, face the facts.~Ruth Gordon



From: Jerome Schatten <iromicu@...>
To: podhajce@groups.io
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2018 3:14 PM
Subject: Re: [podhajce-io] Test Yahoo Podhajce Group > Groups.io Podhajce Group... Testing
 
And thank you for starting the List in the first place, and your work in getting the Podhajce Yizkor book published, and, and….
Best,
jerome


> On May 27, 2018, at 11:51, Jean Rosenbaum <jrosenbaum1417@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks Jerome for continuing your service to Podhajce researchers for so many years.
>
> Jean Rosenbaum
>








Re: Farb/Lerner

Carol Cohen
 

I don’t remember.  they were both from Ft. Worth.  One remained in FW and the other moved to El Paso.  Goldie was married to the one in El Paso. c g

On Jun 1, 2018, at 6:02 PM, susan farb via Groups.Io <muffy3122000@...> wrote:

 Hi, Carol.  Which Son?  Susan
 
Never give up.  And never, under any circumstances, face the facts.~Ruth Gordon



From: Carol Cohen <cgandhc@...>
To: podhajce@groups.io
Sent: Friday, June 1, 2018 11:42 AM
Subject: Re: [podhajce-io] Farb/Lerner

Dear Jean:  My Father’s first cousin, Goldie, My grandmother, Rosa Sass Waldman’s Niece, was married to Feign Lerner's son!  Harriet Geller pf Houston is her daughter.  Carol Gene Coen

On May 30, 2018, at 5:04 PM, Jean Rosenbaum <jrosenbaum1417@...> wrote:

Susan—I don’t know if I ever told you this story.  Your g-grandmother, Feiga Lerner Farb was a good friend of my Grandmother, Sarah Lehrer Zinn.   As you know, they both came to Galveston, Texas when they immigrated to the U.S.   When my sister was a young girl, she put ketchup on everything served at a meal, and it always upset my grandmother.  So one day, Feiga took the bottle of ketchup home with her and told my sister that she would make her a ketchup cake.  Somehow, that cake never got made, but the ketchup habit got broken.  Not an important story, but connections are always interesting.
 
Jean Rosenbaum 
 
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2018 8:50 PM
Subject: [podhajce-io] Farb/Lerner
 
Thought I'd list my Farb/Lerner family.  My gg-grandfather was Avrum Farb, married to Dwora.  His son, Aaron, came to Galveston, TX.  Later, my g-grandmother, Feiga Lerner came to marry him.  Thank you again, Jean Rosenbaum, for helping me find her Ellis Island record.
 
Susan Farb
 
Never give up.  And never, under any circumstances, face the facts.~Ruth Gordon



From: Jerome Schatten <iromicu@...>
To: podhajce@groups.io
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2018 3:14 PM
Subject: Re: [podhajce-io] Test Yahoo Podhajce Group > Groups.io Podhajce Group... Testing
 
And thank you for starting the List in the first place, and your work in getting the Podhajce Yizkor book published, and, and….
Best,
jerome


> On May 27, 2018, at 11:51, Jean Rosenbaum <jrosenbaum1417@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks Jerome for continuing your service to Podhajce researchers for so many years.
>
> Jean Rosenbaum
>









Family History Library (LDS) Records from Podhajce

 

I have downloaded many of the films that I was able to from the Family History Library for Podhajce. 
These records are separated into 3 religious denominations:

(The links below will take you to the Family History site)
1.  Roman Catholic Records
2.  Jewish Records
3.  Greek Catholic

There were some Roman Catholic Records and Greek Catholic Records that I still need to finish downloading, but need to be at a Family History Center to do so.  Additionally, there were a few films that have not been digitized yet and are only available on microfilm.  Unless these become available within the next few years, it's probable that you need go to Salt Lake City to view because they stopped their microfilm program in September of 2017.

The following link will take you to my Podhajce Googledrive files.  Hopefully we all can now start figuring out how we all relate. 

 Podhajce Google Drive Files. 

Re: Family History Library (LDS) Records from Podhajce

 

I forgot to say, the films are still uploading and should be done in about 2 1/2 - 3 hours.

Seeking Information; Moshel Family

Netanel Moshel
 

Hi

My grandfather, Abraham Hillel Moshel, was born in Podhajce in 1918, he emigrated to Melbourne, Australia after the Holocaust in 1950 (around). He passed away in 2010. 

I'm trying to find relatives, he had a very large family, and we don't have much information about them. He had 10 siblings, we know of one sibling, Boruch, who moved to Israel, who died in the 50's. Apart from that, we don't know much.

He spoke a lot about Podhajce, he had a book called Sefer Podhajce. He spoke about getting a blessing from Reb Meir from Premishlan, which was nearby. 

Would love to find some connections.

Thanks

Netanel Moshel

Re: Seeking Information; Moshel Family

Jean Rosenbaum
 

The Sefer Podhajce has been translated into English.  Go to www.kehilalinks.jewishgen.org/Podhajce and click on Yizkor Books.  On page 275, there is a picture of some Moshel family members.
 
Jean Rosenbaum
 
 

From: Netanel Moshel
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 12:37 PM
To: podhajce@groups.io
Subject: [podhajce-io] Seeking Information; Moshel Family
 
Hi
 
My grandfather, Abraham Hillel Moshel, was born in Podhajce in 1918, he emigrated to Melbourne, Australia after the Holocaust in 1950 (around). He passed away in 2010.
 
I'm trying to find relatives, he had a very large family, and we don't have much information about them. He had 10 siblings, we know of one sibling, Boruch, who moved to Israel, who died in the 50's. Apart from that, we don't know much.
 
He spoke a lot about Podhajce, he had a book called Sefer Podhajce. He spoke about getting a blessing from Reb Meir from Premishlan, which was nearby.
 
Would love to find some connections.
 
Thanks
 
Netanel Moshel
 

Re: Seeking Information; Moshel Family

Cynthia Singer
 

Hi Netanel,
My maternal grandfather, Mendel Walfish and my uncles Joseph and Lou, were from Podhajce. I have visited both Podhajce and Premishlany in the '90's. I think I visited the ohel of Rabbi Meir. If I can can find the photo and if my memory is correct, I will post it.
There is a memoir about Podhajce during the Holocaust that was written by Dr. Baruch Milch who served as a physician there, "Can Heaven be Void." His brother-in-law was my great uncle, Sheah Walfish. He and his family perished. Dr. Milch writes so lovingly of him and it is something that I have treasured knowing. I have read this book (which I own) and can attest to the impact of the powerful and  unforgettable description of what he witnessed and experienced and survived.
I think that some of the surviving Podhajce Milch family emigrated to Australia and Israel.
Good luck in your  search.

Cynthia Singer

On Jul 17, 2018, at 4:56 PM, Jean Rosenbaum <jrosenbaum1417@...> wrote:

The Sefer Podhajce has been translated into English.  Go to www.kehilalinks.jewishgen.org/Podhajce and click on Yizkor Books.  On page 275, there is a picture of some Moshel family members.
 
Jean Rosenbaum
 
 
From: Netanel Moshel
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 12:37 PM
To: podhajce@groups.io
Subject: [podhajce-io] Seeking Information; Moshel Family
 
Hi
 
My grandfather, Abraham Hillel Moshel, was born in Podhajce in 1918, he emigrated to Melbourne, Australia after the Holocaust in 1950 (around). He passed away in 2010.
 
I'm trying to find relatives, he had a very large family, and we don't have much information about them. He had 10 siblings, we know of one sibling, Boruch, who moved to Israel, who died in the 50's. Apart from that, we don't know much.
 
He spoke a lot about Podhajce, he had a book called Sefer Podhajce. He spoke about getting a blessing from Reb Meir from Premishlan, which was nearby.
 
Would love to find some connections.
 
Thanks
 
Netanel Moshel
 

Righteous Gentile Award for Pidhajcer

JK
 

When I visited Pidhajce in 1999, the 3 generational Sikorski family invited me to their house and presented me with the attached certificate for Ms. Sikorska.

The eldest Sikorski I met at the house was the daughter of the awarded recipient, who hid two Jewish boys named Kessler (I seem to remember that their father was an optometrist?)

Someone informed on her and she and the boys were murdered.

Among the elderly Ukrainians I met, many came forward and said that relations were relatively good between the Jews and Ukrainians but the fascist component in town was enough to enable the Holocaust. Fascists were usually awarded stolen land and property, so they had a foul motive for their politics.

An Ukrainian American in the Midwest stands accused of war crimes in Pidhajce, interesting to note for a massacre of Christians in the town. The Ukrainian auxilliary units employed by the Nazis also killed Christians for partisan activities and hiding Jews...and once the war was over they expelled and murdered most of the Polish population of west Ukraine.

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Fw: Righteous Gentile Award for a Pidhajcer

JK
 

Hello All,

When I visited Pidhajce in 1999, the 3 generational Sikorski family invited me to their house and presented me with the attached certificate for Ms. Sikorska.

The eldest Sikorski I met at the house was the daughter of the awarded recipient, who hid two Jewish boys named Kessler (I seem to remember that their father was an optometrist?)

Someone informed on her--she and the boys were murdered.

Among the elderly Ukrainians I met, many came forward and said that relations were relatively good between the Jews and Ukrainians but the fascist component in town was enough to enable the Holocaust. The Nazis had their Ukrainian units but most Ukes fought on the Soviet side and suffered some of the highest casualty rates of the war.

Fascists were usually awarded stolen land and property, so they had a foul motive for their politics. A part of the ghetto established by the fascists in Podhajce remains derelict to this day due to epidemic that broke out there.

An Ukrainian American in the Midwest stands accused of war crimes in Pidhajce, for a massacre of Christians in Pidhajce and other towns but after the Shoah ended. The Ukrainian auxilliary units employed by the Nazis also killed Christians for partisan activities and hiding Jews...and once the war was over they expelled and murdered most of the Polish population of west Ukraine.





Virus-free. www.avg.com

Re: Fw: Righteous Gentile Award for a Pidhajcer

Yosl
 

Thank you for this Jeff!
Best,
Yosl

On Aug 20, 2018, at 11:32, JK via Groups.Io <jeffckellner=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello All,

When I visited Pidhajce in 1999, the 3 generational Sikorski family invited me to their house and presented me with the attached certificate for Ms. Sikorska.

The eldest Sikorski I met at the house was the daughter of the awarded recipient, who hid two Jewish boys named Kessler (I seem to remember that their father was an optometrist?)

Someone informed on her--she and the boys were murdered.

Among the elderly Ukrainians I met, many came forward and said that relations were relatively good between the Jews and Ukrainians but the fascist component in town was enough to enable the Holocaust. The Nazis had their Ukrainian units but most Ukes fought on the Soviet side and suffered some of the highest casualty rates of the war.

Fascists were usually awarded stolen land and property, so they had a foul motive for their politics. A part of the ghetto established by the fascists in Podhajce remains derelict to this day due to epidemic that broke out there.

An Ukrainian American in the Midwest stands accused of war crimes in Pidhajce, for a massacre of Christians in Pidhajce and other towns but after the Shoah ended. The Ukrainian auxilliary units employed by the Nazis also killed Christians for partisan activities and hiding Jews...and once the war was over they expelled and murdered most of the Polish population of west Ukraine.

'I don't think I can explain': Retiree, 94, stuns neighbors in quiet Minnesota town after he is exposed as a notorious Nazi commander who 'burnt villages filled with women and children'


'I don't think I can explain': Retiree, 94, stuns neighbors in quiet Min...
Michael Karkoc, who is now 94, told American authorities in 1949 that he had performed no military service in th...



Virus-free. www.avg.com

<001.jpg>

looking for ancestors from Podhajce

Adam
 

Hello everyone, I have an unusual question. According to a family story, my great-grandfather married a girl of Jewish descent. Because she came from a religious family, she was considered dead by this family, as if she never lived. My great-grandmother's family left. And the whole thing is happening in Podhajce or the surrounding area. Has anyone heard such a story? Maybe there are some people who have left the community? I would be very grateful for any information. 
Adam
 
 
 

Re: looking for ancestors from Podhajce

Carol Cohen
 

Do you know the maiden name of your great great grandmother.  Carol Cohen

Konrad, Waldmann - Podjace

On Nov 21, 2018, at 7:30 AM, Adam <adamfur@...> wrote:

Hello everyone, I have an unusual question. According to a family story, my great-grandfather married a girl of Jewish descent. Because she came from a religious family, she was considered dead by this family, as if she never lived. My great-grandmother's family left. And the whole thing is happening in Podhajce or the surrounding area. Has anyone heard such a story? Maybe there are some people who have left the community? I would be very grateful for any information. 
Adam