Re: Seeking Information; Moshel Family

Cynthia Singer

Hi Netanel,
My maternal grandfather, Mendel Walfish and my uncles Joseph and Lou, were from Podhajce. I have visited both Podhajce and Premishlany in the '90's. I think I visited the ohel of Rabbi Meir. If I can can find the photo and if my memory is correct, I will post it.
There is a memoir about Podhajce during the Holocaust that was written by Dr. Baruch Milch who served as a physician there, "Can Heaven be Void." His brother-in-law was my great uncle, Sheah Walfish. He and his family perished. Dr. Milch writes so lovingly of him and it is something that I have treasured knowing. I have read this book (which I own) and can attest to the impact of the powerful and  unforgettable description of what he witnessed and experienced and survived.
I think that some of the surviving Podhajce Milch family emigrated to Australia and Israel.
Good luck in your  search.

Cynthia Singer

On Jul 17, 2018, at 4:56 PM, Jean Rosenbaum <jrosenbaum1417@...> wrote:

The Sefer Podhajce has been translated into English.  Go to www.kehilalinks.jewishgen.org/Podhajce and click on Yizkor Books.  On page 275, there is a picture of some Moshel family members.

Jean Rosenbaum

Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 12:37 PM
To: podhajce@groups.io
Subject: [podhajce-io] Seeking Information; Moshel Family

Hi

My grandfather, Abraham Hillel Moshel, was born in Podhajce in 1918, he emigrated to Melbourne, Australia after the Holocaust in 1950 (around). He passed away in 2010.

I'm trying to find relatives, he had a very large family, and we don't have much information about them. He had 10 siblings, we know of one sibling, Boruch, who moved to Israel, who died in the 50's. Apart from that, we don't know much.

He spoke a lot about Podhajce, he had a book called Sefer Podhajce. He spoke about getting a blessing from Reb Meir from Premishlan, which was nearby.

Would love to find some connections.

Thanks

Netanel Moshel

Join podhajce@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.