Re: Farb/Lerner

Carol Cohen

I don’t remember.  they were both from Ft. Worth.  One remained in FW and the other moved to El Paso.  Goldie was married to the one in El Paso. c g

On Jun 1, 2018, at 6:02 PM, susan farb via Groups.Io <muffy3122000@...> wrote:

 Hi, Carol.  Which Son?  Susan

Never give up.  And never, under any circumstances, face the facts.~Ruth Gordon

From: Carol Cohen <cgandhc@...>
To: podhajce@groups.io
Sent: Friday, June 1, 2018 11:42 AM
Subject: Re: [podhajce-io] Farb/Lerner

Dear Jean:  My Father’s first cousin, Goldie, My grandmother, Rosa Sass Waldman’s Niece, was married to Feign Lerner's son!  Harriet Geller pf Houston is her daughter.  Carol Gene Coen

On May 30, 2018, at 5:04 PM, Jean Rosenbaum <jrosenbaum1417@...> wrote:

Susan—I don’t know if I ever told you this story.  Your g-grandmother, Feiga Lerner Farb was a good friend of my Grandmother, Sarah Lehrer Zinn.   As you know, they both came to Galveston, Texas when they immigrated to the U.S.   When my sister was a young girl, she put ketchup on everything served at a meal, and it always upset my grandmother.  So one day, Feiga took the bottle of ketchup home with her and told my sister that she would make her a ketchup cake.  Somehow, that cake never got made, but the ketchup habit got broken.  Not an important story, but connections are always interesting.

Jean Rosenbaum

Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2018 8:50 PM
Subject: [podhajce-io] Farb/Lerner

Thought I'd list my Farb/Lerner family.  My gg-grandfather was Avrum Farb, married to Dwora.  His son, Aaron, came to Galveston, TX.  Later, my g-grandmother, Feiga Lerner came to marry him.  Thank you again, Jean Rosenbaum, for helping me find her Ellis Island record.

Susan Farb

Never give up.  And never, under any circumstances, face the facts.~Ruth Gordon