Subject: Re: [podhajce-io] Farb/Lerner
To: podhajce@groups.io
Date: Friday, June 1, 2018, 6:42 PM

Dear Jean:
 My Father’s first cousin, Goldie, My grandmother, Rosa
Sass Waldman’s Niece, was married to Feign Lerner's
son!  Harriet Geller pf Houston is her daughter.  Carol
Gene Coen

On May 30, 2018, at 5:04 PM, Jean
Rosenbaum <jrosenbaum1417@...>
wrote:

Susan—I don’t know if I ever
told you this story.  Your g-grandmother,
Feiga Lerner Farb was a good friend of my Grandmother, Sarah
Lehrer
Zinn.   As you know, they both came to Galveston, Texas
when they
immigrated to the U.S.   When my sister was a young girl,
she put
ketchup on everything served at a meal, and it always upset
my
grandmother.  So one day, Feiga took the bottle of ketchup
home with her
and told my sister that she would make her a ketchup cake.
Somehow, that
cake never got made, but the ketchup habit got broken.  Not
an important
story, but connections are always interesting.

Jean Rosenbaum

From: Jerome Schatten
<iromicu@...>