I'm hoping that maybe someone in the group might have some knowledge with a family with the last name of Goldflysch, Goldfleisch or Goldflisch from Podhajce.

Thanks in advance for all of your help,
Ellen Epstein

On Sunday, May 27, 2018, 1:51:48 PM CDT, Jean Rosenbaum <jrosenbaum1417@...> wrote:

Thanks Jerome for continuing your service to Podhajce researchers for so many years.

Jean Rosenbaum

From: Jerome Schatten
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2018 6:39 PM
To: podhajce@groups.io
Subject: [podhajce-io] Test Yahoo Podhajce Group > Groups.io Podhajce Group... Testing

Greetings Podhajcers...

By now 79 of the 99 members of this group should have received a notice that I have moved the group from Yahoo Groups to Groups.IO. 20 email addresses bounced during the transition, and they, if they ever figure it out, those folks whose email has bounced will have to join the new group.

If you indeed received a notice, then you should be good to go. The URL of the new site is http://groups.io/g/podhajce/ It should allow you to send and receive messages just as before without changing your login name or password or anything else. The two interfaces, old and new look pretty much the same.

The main reason for switching to another provider for our discussion group is the miserable performance of Yahoo in protecting your data (and mine), and in general their new privacy policies which I could not in good conscience commit to, and by extension, commit you to.

For now, both portals should work. That is, if you post to, or read posts from http://groups.yahoo.com/podhajce/ OR http://groups.io/g/podhajce/  both should work and both should continue sending you mail. That said, after a while, the Yahoo group will not work because I will have not agreed to their privacy policy as a group owner.

So there you are... Hopefully, either the new group's website on-line help can answer you questions, or I can try.

The best to you all and let's hope for more Podhajce group activity in the future than in the last year <g>.

Jerome Schatten
Group Owner for groups.io/g/podhajce/ & groups.yahoo.com/podhajce/
iromicu@...