Re: Test Yahoo Podhajce Group > Groups.io Podhajce Group... Testing

jerome schatten

Thanks Magda for letting us know there are still warm bodies interested in things Podhajce!
Best,
jerome

On May 25, 2018, at 23:05, Magda Bogin <director@...> wrote:

Good move!
Admire your stand.

Thank you and greetings.

Magda Bogin, Director
Under the Volcano

On May 26, 2018, at 1:39 AM, Jerome Schatten <iromicu@...> wrote:

Greetings Podhajcers...

By now 79 of the 99 members of this group should have received a notice that I have moved the group from Yahoo Groups to Groups.IO. 20 email addresses bounced during the transition, and they, if they ever figure it out, those folks whose email has bounced will have to join the new group.

If you indeed received a notice, then you should be good to go. The URL of the new site is http://groups.io/g/podhajce/ It should allow you to send and receive messages just as before without changing your login name or password or anything else. The two interfaces, old and new look pretty much the same.

The main reason for switching to another provider for our discussion group is the miserable performance of Yahoo in protecting your data (and mine), and in general their new privacy policies which I could not in good conscience commit to, and by extension, commit you to.

For now, both portals should work. That is, if you post to, or read posts from http://groups.yahoo.com/podhajce/ OR http://groups.io/g/podhajce/ both should work and both should continue sending you mail. That said, after a while, the Yahoo group will not work because I will have not agreed to their privacy policy as a group owner.

So there you are... Hopefully, either the new group's website on-line help can answer you questions, or I can try.

The best to you all and let's hope for more Podhajce group activity in the future than in the last year <g>.

Jerome Schatten
Group Owner for groups.io/g/podhajce/ & groups.yahoo.com/podhajce/
iromicu@...