Re: any contact in Pidaitsi

Cynthia Singer

Hi Faye
Yes, Meylach is who I was going to suggest. Tell him warmest regards from Cindy Singer.
We have been Board Members of UCSJ.

Good luck
Cindy

On Mar 28, 2016, at 6:01 AM, JK jeffckellner@... [podhajce] <podhajce@...> wrote:

Hi Faye,

Try calling Meylach Shechet, he is an important Jewish figure in Ukraine, he lives in Lviv and protects many Jewish sites. He may have a guide for you.

skype: meylakh.sheykhet

Meylakh fenced in the massive Pidhaitsi Jewish cemetery about 10 years ago.

I sent Meylakh a skype message with your email address.

I used Lviv-based Alex Dunai in 2000 as a guide. He drove me out to Pidhaitsi and interviewed people and translated for me, so I understood what everyone in the town was saying (they were nice people in town and local efforts were recently made to clean up and secure the synagogue).

I met Alex 16 years ago so it is possible he does not do tours anymore.

In Lviv tel:

33-77-69
33-77-68
.

Or read this Yahoo blog regarding tour guides for the Pidhaitsi area:

GOOD LUCK!

Jeff