Re: any contact in Pidaitsi

JK

Hi Faye,

Try calling Meylach Shechet, he is an important Jewish figure in Ukraine, he lives in Lviv and protects many Jewish sites. He may have a guide for you.

meylach@...

skype: meylakh.sheykhet

Meylakh fenced in the massive Pidhaitsi Jewish cemetery about 10 years ago.

I sent Meylakh a skype message with your email address.

I used Lviv-based Alex Dunai in 2000 as a guide. He drove me out to Pidhaitsi and interviewed people and translated for me, so I understood what everyone in the town was saying (they were nice people in town and local efforts were recently made to clean up and secure the synagogue).

I met Alex 16 years ago so it is possible he does not do tours anymore.

dunai@...

In Lviv tel:

33-77-69
33-77-68
.

Or read this Yahoo blog regarding tour guides for the Pidhaitsi area:

GOOD LUCK!

Jeff