Re: The Lost Synagogues of Manhattan

elissa sampson

The Shul is also well documented in a new book by Gerard Wolfe: The Synagogues of New York's Lower East Side, a Retrospective and Contemporary view. The second edition (Fordham Press) was published in 2013. Pages 132-137 with photos. The book party was at the Tenement Museum.

Full disclosure: I helped on the research as did many others on the Lower East Side:)

On Tuesday, February 4, 2014 1:32 PM, Carol Gene Cohen wrote:

thank you.  Carol Cohen
On Nov 16, 2013, at 6:37 PM, mervinr@... wrote:

Announcement has been made of the publication of the book “The Lost Synagogues of Manhattan” by Ellen Levitt.

Included is Congregation Masas Benjamin Anshe Podhajce/Congregation Rudeph Shalom Independent/ Podhajce.

To order, phone 1-800-286-8296.

The cost is $26.00  I have no connection with this and am sending it strictly for your information.

Jean Rosenbaum

P.S.  There is also information about this Congregation on the Podhajce website at