From: gwhaken <gwhaken@...>
Subject: [podhajce] Re: Looking for Buchwald/Weittes(sp?)
To: podhajce@...
Date: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 3:12 AM
If you look at the JewishGen archives
you will see the name of Alex Dunai who comes with fine
recommendations. Samuel's parents probably only had a
religious wedding so it was not recognized by the
authorities so he was considered illegitimate and had to
take his mother's name.  Lots of Buchwalds in the area
and at least one in my research.

--- In podhajce@...,
"ldyslpr46" <ldyslpr46@...> wrote:

I am trying to plan a trip to Podhajce this summer with
my daughter to find my grandfather's roots. His name was
Samuel and apparently, his mother's name was Chana Buchwald.
For some reason he was made to take his mother's last name
and not his father's. His father's last name was pronounced
Vee-tes. I have been diagnosed with ALS and this is most
certainly on my bucket list. If anyone has any information
as to how I go about looking for this information and who I
can contact in that area to help me get around, I would
greatly appreciate it.
Thank you-
deb

    podhajce-fullfeatured@...