Re: Le Ceiba Evening

"Of course," Abraham says gallantly. With Cygni on
his arm, Abraham
steers her towards Vanderberg.

   "Captain, Miss McKay feels ill, and
I'm going to escort her back to
the Alida. Please give our apologies to the Don." With
this, Abraham
heads for the exit with Cygni.
"Thank you," Cygni murmured to Abraham, offering a weak
smile.  She knew
she could count on her old friend, and she hoped he would
stick with her
if things got rough.

On the landing outside a group has gathered with
the Don. They are all
looking in the same direction. To the southwest is a
ruddy glow in the
sky above the buildings. Clearly there is a large
fire.
Someone in the crowd murmurs something about the
"Cavalry stables."
Ah, so a distraction...smart.  Cygni gave a slight nod
of approval, then
murmured, "I do hope they got the horses out..."  But
she was really
wondering what the prisoners were planning, she would have
preferred
having some idea of what to expect.

A soldier hurries up to the Don and salutes.
"All available men are forming bucket brigades and
the citizens are
turning out to assist. The horses are out, but many are
running loose
through the streets. They are trying to keep the fire
from spreading to
the barns and the fodder."

The Don nods, "Very well, I shall be along
shortly." Turning to the
guests he says "I apologize my friends, but our evening
is cut short."
He bows abruptly and without waiting for any words from
the guests,
takes his aides and hurries off.

The Kaptain is very solicitous of Miss McKay, and bids
her to return to
the party if she is able.

He bows to the Don at his words. Murmering his thanks.

Is the party breaking up?
"Get me to th' ship," she whispered to Abraham, "Ive
somethin' tae tell
ye..."

There are a lot of people out on the streets. Many are carrying buckets and almost all of them are headed in the direction of the fire. Some look grim and determined to battle this threat to their homes. Others, perhaps with less to lose, seem excited at the prospect of a break in the monotony of their daily existence.
There is a notable absence of soldiers or guards in the streets.

No one approaches Cygni and Abraham on their way to the ship.

Join piratesnzombies@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.