Re: Le Ceiba Evening

Putting her hand on Abraham's arm, she teetered a
bit. "I'm afraid
all
this excitement has caught up to me...I'm not
feeling well," she
murmured, "do you suppose we could go back to the
ship?"
"Of course," Abraham says gallantly.  With Cygni
on his arm, Abraham
steers her towards Vanderberg.

"Captain, Miss McKay feels ill, and I'm going to escort
her back to
the Alida.  Please give our apologies to the
Don."  With this, Abraham
heads for the exit with Cygni.

On the landing outside a group has gathered with the
Don. They are all
looking in the same direction. To the southwest is a ruddy
glow in the
sky above the buildings. Clearly there is a large fire.
Someone in the crowd murmurs something about the
"Cavalry stables."

A soldier hurries up to the Don and salutes.
"All available men are forming bucket brigades and the
citizens are
turning out to assist. The horses are out, but many are
running loose
through the streets. They are trying to keep the fire from
spreading to
the barns and the fodder."

The Don nods, "Very well, I shall be along shortly."
Turning to the
guests he says "I apologize my friends, but our evening is
cut short."
He bows abruptly and without waiting for any words from the
guests,
takes his aides and hurries off.

The Kaptain is very solicitous of Miss McKay, and bids her
to return to
the party if she is able.

He bows to the Don at his words. Murmering his thanks.

Is the party breaking up?

About half the guests seem to be intent on leaving immediately. Possibly because of the fire. Others are still mingling and partaking of the Don's hospitality. Most of the servants remain, fetching drinks or food as required. Many of the guards seem to have disappeared, though some remain.

Join piratesnzombies@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.