email@example.comPin is a dynamic binary instrumentation framework for the IA-32, x86-64 instruction set architectures that enables the creation of dynamic program analysis tools. Some tools built with Pin are Intel Parallel Inspector, Intel Parallel Amplifier, Intel Parallel Advisor and Intel Software Development Emulator.
The tools created using Pin, called Pintools, can be used to perform program analysis on user space applications in Linux, Windows and macOS. As a dynamic binary instrumentation tool, instrumentation is performed at run time on the compiled binary files. Thus, it requires no recompiling of source code and can support instrumenting programs that dynamically generate code.
Pin was originally created as a tool for computer architecture analysis, but its flexible API and an active community (called "Pinheads") have created a diverse set of tools for security, emulation and parallel program analysis.
Pin is proprietary software developed and supported by Intel, and is supplied free of charge for non-commercial use together with a kit of reference tools.
When posting a question to our mailing list, be sure to mention your processor, OS, compiler version, and Pin kit number.
See Pin home page: http://pintool.intel.com/
- 730 Members
- 4,085 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group and sender.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Only moderators can create hashtags.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.