Topics

POS December meeting -Annual Holiday Banquet, Tues Dec 3rd. at 6pm.

Marie Hageman

Happy Holidays,
December’s meeting will be the annual Holiday Banquet, on Tues Dec 3rd. at 6pm.

We had such positive feedback about last year’s new location that we are going to return this year. We will gather in the spacious party room at the Ruby Buffet, 2100 Route 38 (Kaighn Ave), Cherry Hill, for an all-you-can-eat feast, starting at 6pm.

Chinese, American, Italian, and Japanese food, and seafood fare, as well as sushi, vegetarian food, fruits, deserts and ice creams are all offered.

The price of $20. is all-inclusive of unlimited appetizers, entrees, sides, desserts, and tax, tip, and soft drinks.

For those who want something stronger, it is BYOB and the Total Wine store is right next door.

NOTE: Guests are welcome to join us for $25 each. (Members who have not renewed their membership for this year count as guests.)

We will have a show table and more of Bayard’s donated plants for our raffle.

If you didn’t bring your payment to our Treasurer at the November meeting to reserve your spot, please mail it to him at:

Pinelands Orchid Society
c/o Mike Horn
107 Lippincott Ave
Riverton, NJ 08077

 Doors will open to accept Show Table Plants at 5:30 p.m. Remember: Show Table plants, along with their completed Show Table slips, must be on the Show Tables by 6:00 p.m. sharp in order to be eligible for judging.

Come hungry.

See you there.

We need to give the restaurant a final count for the banquet- as well as bring enough supplies, so for those who haven't yet sent their payment in, please do so ASAP to the address below, so we know how many to expect.
Thanks,
Marie

[...]

Mike Horn

While I appreciate the note below I would just like to make a suggestion, and a plea.  An email stating that you are coming is as good as sending a check.  Since we are not obligated to pay in advance I will be making payment at the end of the dinner.   It would be easier for me if those who are planning to attend, and have not paid to date, pay at the dinner.  I try to not keep checks too long so that they a) don’t get lost and b) don’t mess up your bookkeeping.  This results in making trips to the bank on a regular basis, which is not regular for me.  We are not that large a group so we can be a little less formal.  But we do need a count for the restaurant.   Hopefully we will be somewhat less than 100 people for dinner, and have a good time.  So in conclusion a simple email will save your spot, and you can bring you payment at the time of the dinner.  I also heard there will be a surprise for all attendees?  Just sayin’.

Hope to see you all there.

Mike  Horn, treasurer

[...]

Bob and Sherron Davis

Hi Mike, Thanks for doing all the bookkeeping for this. Looking forward to seeing you and Bea. Shearon

[...]

Thank you.  The company you keep is always more important and nicer than the food your choose to eat.

Mike

[...]

Kathleen Harvey

Marie, just to confirm that John and I will be attending the Christmas banquet. Happy Thanksgiving!

Warmest Regards,
Kathleen Harvey
609-792-3908