Topics

Pinelands Orchid Society meeting Tuesday, May 7th

Marie Hageman

Firstly: A huge THANK YOU to everyone who worked so hard to make the Annual Auction a success.

Reminder: The monthly meeting of the Pinelands Orchid Society will be held on Tuesday, May 7th, at Cadbury at Cherry Hill, (Oak Room), 2150 Route 38. (1/4 mile east of Cherry Hill Mall- on the West-bound side.) 7:30 PM

You may remember that the club voted to have our year-end wrap-up at the July meeting, at Ernie Masso’s beautiful grounds, so June’s meeting will be a regular-style meeting.

Tonight’s program will be Orchid-Themed Antiques and Collectables Road-Show and Tell.
We are borrowing a hugely successful Sandpiper Orchid Soc. event. Everyone is welcomed to bring your orchid-related, non-plant items: Jewelry, art, clothing, chinaware, mugs, books, etc.
We will show them in different categories and the owner is invited, though not required, to speak on its importance and/or history. Then we will vote on a winner.
Sandpiper Orchid Soc. Needed 5 tables to accommodate everything which was shown. Let’s see if we can bring even more.

If your last name begins with: E, F, G, or H, please bring a sweet or savory snack to share. (Drinks provided.) (The sandwiches which the club provides for the year-end wrap-up will be provided NEXT month when we have the wrap-up.)

Doors will open to accept Show Table Plants at 6:30 p.m. Remember: Show Table plants, along with their completed Show Table slips, must be on the Show Tables by 7:00 p.m. sharp in order to be eligible for judging!

Marie