Topics

November meeting Tuesday, Nov. 5th

Marie Hageman

The monthly meeting of the Pinelands Orchid Society will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 5th, (Primary Election Day), at Cadbury at Cherry Hill, Oak Room, 2150 Route 38, at 7:30 PM.

Topic: RoundTable Discussion: Successes and Questions- Bring your questions and/or solutions to our round-table discussion. Have an ingenious way to solve a problem? Share it. Have a challenge? Bring it. Someone else may have solved the same thing. We have a wealth of excellent growers in our group. Let’s learn from each other.

If your last name begins with B, C, D, E, F, G, or H please bring a sweet or savory snack to share. (Drinks provided.)

Upcoming Holiday Party: December’s meeting will be the annual Holiday Banquet, on Tues Dec 3rd. We had such positive feedback about last year’s new location that we are going to return this year. We will gather in the spacious party room at the Ruby Buffet, 2100 Route 38 (Kaighn Ave), Cherry Hill, for an all-you-can-eat feast, starting at 6pm.

Chinese, American, Italian, and Japanese food, and seafood fare, as well as sushi, vegetarian food, fruits, deserts, and ice creams are all offered.

The price of $20. is all-inclusive of unlimited appetizers, entrees, sides, desserts, and tax, tip, and soft drinks, for members.

For those who want something stronger, it is BYOB and the Total Wine store is right next door.

NOTE: Guests are welcome to join us for $25 each. (Members who have not renewed their membership for this year will count as guests.)

We will have a show table and some of Bayard’s donated plants for our raffle.

Please bring your payment to Treasurer Mike Horn at the November meeting to reserve your spot, or mail it to him at:

Pinelands Orchid Society
c/o Mike Horn
107 Lippincott Ave
Riverton, NJ 08077

Doors will open to accept Show Table Plants at 6:30 p.m. Remember: Show Table plants, along with their completed Show Table slips, must be on the Show Tables by 7:00 p.m. sharp in order to be eligible for judging!

Don’t forget to join our Facebook page. Let’s all “Like” it, and “Follow” it, so we get more exposure. Feel free to post orchid pics and news there, as well…

https://www.facebook.com/pinelandsorchidsociety/

…and our MeetUp site is the way to receive reminders for the upcoming meetings/events...

https://www.meetup.com/PINELANDS-ORCHID-SOCIETY-Meetup-Group/events/265066379/

Don't forget to vote on your way to the meeting.

Marie

Bob and Myrna Bookbinder

Hi Marie,
 Sorry, but we won’t be attending the November meeting. We would like to support the club, but don’t know when we can attend the meetings. We will not be able attend the Holiday party either. Where can I send the membership check, please?
   Thanks,
       Bob & Myrna Bookbinder