Topics

Newsletter

Marie Hageman

Greetings,
Our first meeting of this season will NOT be on the first Tuesday, as it it the day after Labor Day and we have traditionally seen a poor turnout then.
So, all are welcome to come on Tuesday the 11th of  September at  7:30 pm, for "Growing for Perfection," by Dr. David Rosenfeld, (the second Tuesday of Sept.).

David and his wife Joan have been growing orchids for almost 40 years. They have a varied collection with approximately 1,500 orchids in a 700 square foot warm and intermediate greenhouse. Approximately 300 of the plants are species. The Rosenfelds have received 88 AOS awards, including 27 cultural awards and 22 Miltoniopsis
awards. David has been fortunate to have 12 articles published in the AOS journal, ORCHIDS, on topics varing from orchid culture of rare species to historical personalities of the 19th century orchid world.

As this is the start of our new year, DUES ARE DUE. Please bring Annual dues of $20 individual, $25 family. Please make checks payable to Pinelands Orchid Society.
Dues pay for our coffee/tea/water from Cadbury, and for our speakers’ fees, etc.

Refreshments are a highlight of the club meetings, as well as a nice welcome for our guests and speakers. If your last name begins with A-G, please bring a sweet or savory snack to share. (Drinks provided.)

Doors will open to accept Show Table Plants at 7:00 p.m.
Remember: Show Table plants, along with their completed Show Table slips, must be on the Show Tables by 7:30 p.m. sharp in order to be eligible for judging!

See you there
Marie

Bob and Myrna Bookbinder

Hi Marie,
   Sorry but Myrna and I won't be able to attend the POS meeting ON September 11.  Have a wonderful meeting.
    Bob and Myrna Bookbinder