Re: More Good news

Bob and Sherron Davis

Marie, I think as sometimes happens, messages start flying and are misinterpreted. Bob and I did not know that we were to be in charge of the show table. We did not send in our money for the dinner so I assumed that whoever was in charge would know we could not do the show table. I feel that many of these words are hurtful and we all need to step back and take a breath and realize that at the core of this club are people who all love orchids. A dinner is not worth alienating the few members that we have in this club. We do appreciate  what you have done for the club and I am sorry that you felt badgered and coerced into taking the job. I think this is a perfect example of how the internet misinterprets and interferes in honest face-to fact contact.Sherron

-----Original Message-----
From: Marie Hageman via Groups.Io <mdhageman1@...>
To: pinelands@groups.io <pinelands@groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Dec 4, 2018 7:10 am
Subject: Re: [pinelands] More Good news

All are welcome to celebrating the Holiday season with the entire club, rather then just the few members who went to the Villa Barone restaurant.

Tonight we  have a wonderful setting where we can gather together in festive surroundings with a huge variety of International food selections, unheard of at an Italian restaurant, (or most others of 1 nationality.)
I'm sure this is why the club voted for the buffet idea out of the four choices presented, and did not answer the request for any other chioces.

One correction to my previous email: According to our web site, Bob & Sherry Davis are in charge of our show table. So, when I stated that I needed to get the supplies from Mike Dunigan, I was mistaken. The Davises need to get them and set up the show table tonight, as they will be doing in future. Apparently, I stepped on their toes by taking charge of it, as I was told I needed to do.Therefore, the question as to whether we will have a show table is contingent upon them.
Of course, instead of coercing and badgering me over several months to be President, either, or both of them, could have taken the job.

I have a series of meetings today, so won't be available before our meeting/dinner. I will still be there at 5:30, but if anyone has questions about the show table, I am not the one to ask, anyway. Feel free to ask them.

Hope to see you all there.
Happy Holidays to one and all,
Marie