Re: Good news

Michael Jacob

Hi Bob,

As I recall four different options were offered at the October meeting and Ruby Buffet received the most votes. It is not a "Chinese" buffet but has various cuisines. We will have our own private area. Consider giving it a try.

Mike Jacob

Bob and Sherron Davis wrote on 12/3/18 2:49 PM:

Mike,

Sherry and I have always been supportive of our Pinelands Orchid Society and always looked forward to celebrating the Christmas season with the club. We felt that our past celebrations at the Villa Barone restaurant was a wonderful setting where we could gather together in festive surroundings with a speaker and show table. Not to mention a wonderful food selections. I don't know where Marie came up with a Chinese buffet idea, but it appears we did not have a choice in the matter, so we decided we would pass on this one. It appears that we are being swayed by someone's personal food preferences in place of everything else. 

Bob & Sherry Davis

-----Original Message-----
To: pinelands <pinelands@groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Dec 3, 2018 12:54 pm
Subject: Re: [pinelands] Good news

Hi all:  I would like to second Marie’s comments about tomorrow evening.  I hope people realize that the event is not about the food, but about the company.  We have a very nice group of orchid enthusiasts.  This is a way of saying thank you to those who take the time to organize our monthly meetings.  We all contribute to our education and enjoyment of growing a great flower.  It would be nice to see a good turnout of orchid people, whether they choose to eat, snack, or just want to support the group.
Mike Horn

From: pinelands@groups.io <pinelands@groups.io> On Behalf Of Marie Hageman via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, December 3, 2018 7:52 AM
To: pinelands@groups.io
Subject: [pinelands] Good news

You can still come and pay Treasurer Mike Horn tomorrow night.
I reserved for a number twice that of last year's attendance to ensure that there would be plenty of room.
So, just show up, even if you haven't made reservation. Please give your money to Treasurer Mike Horn when you arrive.

December’s meeting is the Holiday Party. We will gather in the spacious party room at the Ruby Buffet, 2100 Route 38 Cherry Hill for an all-you-can-eat feast, starting at 6pm.
The price of $20. is all-inclusive of unlimited appetizers, entrees, sides, desserts, and tax, tip, and soft drinks.
For those who want something stronger, it is BYOB and the Total Wine store is right next door.
Guests are welcome for the same low price of $20 each.

We will have a show table if someone can get in touch with Mike Dunigan. He has all the supplies needed and he doesn't answer his emails and his phone is not working. If anyone lives near him, please either remind him to bring them, or just bring the things, yourself- early would be great. I'll be there by 5:30.

Thank you.
See you there, Marie

Join pinelands@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.