POS meeting Tuesday, Oct. 2nd

Marie Hageman

Greetings Pinelands Orchid Society members:

The monthly meeting of the Pinelands Orchid Society will be held on Tuesday, Oct. 2nd, as usual, at Cadbury at Cherry Hill, Oak Room, 2150 Route 38.

Topic: Native orchids: Conservation and Ecology

We have a fantastic speaker booked for this meeting. Dennis Whigham, a Senior Botanist, and the Founding Director of the North American Orchid Conservation Center, Smithsonian Environmental Research Center, will entertain and enlighten us about his organization, and their efforts to save endangered species of orchids.

A reminder: DUES ARE DUE. If you weren’t at the last meeting or didn’t bring them then, please bring your Annual dues of $20 individual, $25 family, as cash, or a check payable to Pinelands Orchid Society.
Dues pay for our coffee/tea/water/paper products from Cadbury, and for our speakers’ fees, and expenses, etc.

If your last name begins with H-N, please bring a sweet or savory snack to share. (Drinks provided.)

Doors will open to accept Show Table Plants at 7:00 p.m. Remember: Show Table plants, along with their completed Show Table slips, must be on the Show Tables by 7:30 p.m. sharp in order to be eligible for judging!

Feel free to come early to help set-up.

See you there,