Amateur Radio Pico-Ballooning firstname.lastname@example.orgThis group is a meeting place for Amateur Radio Pico-Balloonists to share ideas, discuss techniques and to announce and post flight information.
Unlike regular High Altitude (HAB) balloons, pico-ballooning typically uses mylar balloons that are designed to carry a small Amateur Radio beacon payload
to an equilibrium altitude, where it will then "float". This allows for multi-day flights, even global circumnavigations.
This group exists to provide a forum to discuss and share ideas and advice regarding general topics of interest to pico-balloonists.
Please feel free to utilize the Files and photos sections as well as the Wiki, chat etc.
Note that your first posting to the group may be delayed as it will be moderated (only the first one) as a precaution to prevent spamming.
- 155 Members
- 161 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to members only.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.