Re: Cabin top to deck joint #cabin

Emmanuel Lavoie

Great pictures and thanks for sharing. If it were me I would clean up that joint and fill in the gap with thickened G-Flex epoxy. I would also lay down a thin strip of fiberglass using the G-Flex epoxy. G-Flex has good inherent flexibility.
Good luck with the project!

Emmanuel
ALULA - KP 46 - #18

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 8:24 AM steenbn <steen@...> wrote:
Good pictures. It looks to me like the joint between the cabin and the deck was not faired with bondo. Maybe the teak deck crew got to the boat before the bondo crew had time to finish up. If the heavy glass layup on the inside is intact, then you just have a water tightness issue. I would clean out the cavity and fill it with thickened epoxy. Then find a good quality flexible epoxy and run a nice 1/4 round beat all the way around the cabin joint.

I'm curious if those screws you show hold the teak rail along the bottom inside of the cabin sides in place. It hard to see what else the could hold in place.

Join petersoncuttter@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.