Re: Cabin top to deck joint #cabin

Matthew Emerick

I would also look for core issues of the deck close to that cabin top roof. I would be concerned that water has leaked into the core balsa wood of the deck around those cabin top leaks.

On Jul 29, 2020, at 10:24 AM, steenbn <steen@...> wrote:

´╗┐Good pictures. It looks to me like the joint between the cabin and the deck was not faired with bondo. Maybe the teak deck crew got to the boat before the bondo crew had time to finish up. If the heavy glass layup on the inside is intact, then you just have a water tightness issue. I would clean out the cavity and fill it with thickened epoxy. Then find a good quality flexible epoxy and run a nice 1/4 round beat all the way around the cabin joint.

I'm curious if those screws you show hold the teak rail along the bottom inside of the cabin sides in place. It hard to see what else the could hold in place.

Join petersoncuttter@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.