Re: Genoa track KP44

Pete Carrico

When reefing your furling Genoa do you move the Genoa lead car forward on the track?
When correctly sheeted on any sail the sheet should point to the middle of the headstay.
Do you have vertical marks on the foot of your genoa indicating 1st, 2nd and 3rd reef points?
This is do you can match the headsail leech position on the rail, going forward for upwind sailing to a known location.
Also for reaching, to reduce twist and have the tell tales break evenly you bring the lead car further forward than the upwind car lead position.
I would install the track as designed and not devalue the boat in my humble opinion.
Pete Carrico

Join petersoncuttter@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.