Genoa track KP44

Neale McLennan

Hi all,
 I have just removed my Genoa track on starboard side, need to replace track, have seen the trackless system but think I will replace track.
Question is does the track need to be so long, since I have had my KP44 I have not been able to use the forward part of track { not even halfway up track } so I'm asking people who have more experience, do I need to replace track with same 3.7 meter/12 foot track, would half that length be adequate?
My Genoa is very big, it sheets in great when all the way out and car right aft on track, the problem is when furled in I cant get it sheeted well for windward sailing.
Neale,
Talanoa
Petterson 44 #267

Join petersoncuttter@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.