Re: Person Hull Lists

Jim & Kitty Frazier

Hey Jason:

I just joined this group earlier this summer and have an addition for your Formosa 46 list.

Hull number FBB00827 was finished in October of 1978 and initially owned by Biaird Bardarson of Seattle, Washington and was christened SV Bright Star. Her US Federal Registration # is 594357 (and this number was in-molded into inner-hull skin at FBB). Biaird sailed her extensively with his family between Seattle and Alaska each summer season from 1979 and 2007.

In August of 2009 with Biaird's passing, Bright Star was given to Biard's daughter Lisa Bradarson and son-in law Jon Reichlin of Narberth, PA and she was trucked from Seattle, WA to Annapolis, MD. Jon and Lisa extensively restored her from 2009 through 2017 as she resided and sailed out of Annapolis. In early July of 2018, Jon passed Bright Star along to my wife and I and we had her trucked to Charlotte, Vermont, (near our home) where she resides and sails today on Lake Champlain. Our hope to continue Jon and Lisa's extensive and comprehensive restoration of Bright Star over the next few years and return her to ocean sailing in warmer waters by May of 2023.

 Hope this information helps you to complete one more small step in your journey of accounting for these amazing vessels.

Sincerely,
Jim Frazier

SV Bright Star

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 4:23 AM Adrien DEL PIA - KP44 Feti'a Nui <adriendelpia@...> wrote:
Hi Jason,

Such a great job.. .I was actually dreaming of this list to help me find out my Hull Number, and you did it !!
I think I’m getting close to it now.

I’ve grinned the number one day at the shipyard before hull painting, so no chance to see it again.
Among the old papers I have, there is a USCG certificate showing my « OFFICIAL NUMBER »: 641953…
I don’t know what to do with it.
And then, I have an old survey where the expert wrote down the S/N, but certainly made a mistake:

JKY44 2332 0381

I think JKY44 is good, for sure.
I’d like to think 0381 is also good.

But these  2332 could be;
232 - no it is spirit of Ago
233 - no it is - Loose pointer
332 - not possible ?
Or….292 ??? Maybe the expert saw two 3 instead of one 9… the date 0381 seems to fit...

How can I be sure ?

If you want to update my line;

Feti’a Nui, Adrien DEL PIA / French Polynesia / former name = Ro'o

Thanks a lot for your job !

Le 11 juillet 2020 à 12:03:08, S/V DON'T PANiC (theboat@...) a écrit:

[Edited Message Follows]

I finally got the Formosa 46 list completed enough to publish.

Here are lists of our boats:

Always looking for input. Hope this helps for some of us that like to know the history of our boats.
--
Jason
KP46 DON'T PANiC

Join petersoncuttter@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.