Topics

New file uploaded to pedalradio@groups.io

pedalradio@groups.io Notification <pedalradio+notification@...>

Edited

Hello,

This email message is a notification to let you know that a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the pedalradio@groups.io group.

File: 2019_03_17_BikeLights_V5.0_24_LED.ino

Uploaded By: Kevin Crockett

The latest incarnation of my LED lights Arduino sketch has been uploaded to the files section: 2019_03_17_BikeLights_V5.0_24_LED.ino. The backbone of the sketch is based on what David, VK3ETE created. I modified it to suit my own requirements. At the moment, it only covers rear lights but it is a no-brainer to add front, except for the headlight, as well. The headlight will remain commercial but its On/Off function could be included at a later date. Functional features: The startup LED test is now automatic, visually showing that all LEDs are displaying the correct Red, Green, Blue colour order, therefore removing the need for 1 switch. There is a single FastLED LED used as a dashboard repeater for left/right, hazard and brake light use. The Tail light is a short flash, long off indication. There is provision for a brake switch that stops the Tail light flashing for the duration of braking. Providing the connections remain, there is now a visual indication that the lights are working, even if you cannot see them from where you sit. Anyway, it tests OK connected to a dev board and the computer. If you wish to try and duplicate the lighting setup I can supply the details of what is required and where to get the parts. Just ask on this forum. It is very cheap - cost, not performance.

You can access this file at the URL:
https://groups.io/g/pedalradio/files/2019_03_17_BikeLights_V5.0_24_LED.ino

I have just realised that I have not catered for a reversing light (yet). An easy job to include. That means there will be a V6.0 to come.

Cheers,
The Groups.io Team

pedalradio@groups.io Notification <pedalradio+notification@...>

Hello,

This email message is a notification to let you know that a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the pedalradio@groups.io group.

File: 2019_03_18_BikeLights_V6.0_24_LED.ino

Uploaded By: Kevin Crockett

The latest Arduino sketch file: 2019_03_18_BikeLights_V6.0_24_LED.ino. Now has a white, 8-LED, Reversing light and a white, 8-LED, Interior light. Macros for all connection pins has been re-ordered for ease of connection. I have included heaps of comments for those who wish to use it to roll their own. Only one thing left: Connect a buzzer to the Turn Indicators.

You can access this file at the URL:
https://groups.io/g/pedalradio/files/2019_03_18_BikeLights_V6.0_24_LED.ino

Cheers,
The Groups.io Team

Kevin Crockett - VK3CKC

Sorry, my V6.0 file contains a number of errors that at related to using a 30-LED strip and not 3 x 8-LED strips as mentioned in the sketch. The corrected text is:
// *** Start/End LED positions ***
// Left Turn Indicator:
define LEFT_INDICATOR_START 0 // Left Indicator Start in LED strip
define LEFT_INDICATOR_END 7 // Left Indicator End in LED strip
// Tail/Brake Light:
define TAILLIGHT_START 8 // Tail/Brake light Start in LED strip
define TAILLIGHT_END 15 // Tail/Brake light End in LED strip
// Right Turn Indicator:
define RIGHT_INDICATOR_START 16 // Right Indicator start in LED strip
define RIGHT_INDICATOR_END 23 // Right Indicator end in LED strip
My apologies for any difficulties caused.

Kevin Crockett - VK3CKC

I have uploaded an image of a 5 x 5V USB power supply module the Accessories picture album. It is about to be installed on my Warrior trike for testing.