Topics

eLecTricks #chat

Kevin Crockett - VK3CKC

A new chat has been created:

I have been working "behind the scenes" for quite a while on my eLecTricks trike. It was put on hold due to testing a few things on my Warrior so that they would be ready for when the time came, sort of making progress without it being visible. However, I am now back into working on eLecTricks.

eLecTricks things that are now installed on the Warrior for testing:

Arduino-controlled lighting. Working well but a few convenience modifications for the future.
Installation of a 10.1" tablet for navigation, speed display, whatever tablets can do. Just great.
12V battery and main trike battery monitoring. Can now see what is happening.
Completely replaced the mid-drive with the Hilgo transmission from eLecTricks - modified. I have another implementation for eLecTricks to make installation even easier. I have used it for about 30km and it works great.
A 10W solar panel for topping up the 12V battery.
5V USB power supplies. Some modifications required for the future.

A transporting system has been fitted to my 6x4 trailer to make loading/unloading very easy. Easily modified for carrying two trikes.

Testing these items on the Warrior has been very revealing and I have decided to "reinvent" eLecTricks to make the end result even better. The MTB rear end is being replaced with a new rear end, designed to accommodate the Hilgo transmission and other components. As it stands at the moment, the rear dropouts and chainstays have been made, the transmission and rear suspension pivot have been designed, the front suspension is where I left off. The next step, today, is to get a couple of spacers made so that I can get the combined rear suspension pivot and mid-drive completed.

I will use this chat for updates on the build. It has been a long time coming but should now move forward reasonably quickly by comparison. Feel free to comment as you see fit. I might create a special photo album for the build. You can also follow construction on the Atomic Zombie site at: https://www.atomiczombie.com/forum/threads/vk3ckcs-electricks-trike-design-and-build.21/page-4#post-3879.

View/Join This Chat

--
Kevin Crockett
VK3CKC

Kevin Crockett - VK3CKC

I have now built my own rear end, suspension pivot and Hilgo mid-drive. Starting on the rest of the front end and seat in coming week.

Kevin Crockett - VK3CKC

A few more images have been uploaded to the eLecTricks photo album.