Topics

sticky Planned Ride

Kevin Crockett - VK3CKC

This topic has been created to be used as a notification of a planned ride. If you are planning on a ride that others may be interested in, please post advice in this thread.

Kevin Crockett - VK3CKC

Tomorrow, May 3, is World Bicycle Day. Bike Bendigo is having a ride from Lake Weeroona from the tram stop at Nolan Street to Spring Gully. Starts at 10am. If the weather is right, I could make it. Anybody else?

Graeme Knight - VK3GRK

Might see you there.

Kevin Crockett - VK3CKC

How about we nominate a day (or more?) per week that we might endeavour to keep free for a ride? We could check the weather the day before and decide where. That might be more productive than suddenly arriving at a good day and suggesting a ride to find that no-one is available and it fails.

Can anyone nominate day/s that might suit best or those that don't?

Graeme Knight - VK3GRK

Maybe a Saturday or Monday.  We could get more on a Saturday, and there would be more people out and about, but other events and things happen on a Saturday at times.  I would need to be back home by 3 pm on most Saturdays.

Kevin Crockett - VK3CKC

I thought you gave up work. Was thinking of including a weekday as Thursday is agreeable with Sean.

Graeme Knight - VK3GRK

If Thursdays are agreeable to Sean, then that sounds like the best day.

Kevin Crockett - VK3CKC

OK. I will set up a calendar reminder for Thursdays and Sundays. Either two rides a week or, if weather kills a Thursday, might be able to pick up on a Sunday. There is the regular Bike Bendigo 2nd Sunday ride in any case. If anyone is available for the particular day, and there is no ride specifically planned at the time, post your intention/desire here and others might join you.

Let's get out there.

Graeme Knight - VK3GRK

Edited

See the attached image of Thursday's ride with Graeme and Sean.
Sean rode from White Hills to Spring Gully and return.
Unfortunately the coffee van had left Lake Weeroona on our return journey!

Kevin Crockett - VK3CKC

Good to see some activity. Congrats to Sean on his maiden voyage with hopes that it is the start of many? What about it Sean?

Kevin Crockett - VK3CKC

Edited

Thursday ride. Might be a bit wet for it but a possibility of a ride on the O'Keefe Rail Trail towards Axedale to meet another ride from Axedale towards Bendigo in the afternoon.

Kevin Crockett - VK3CKC

In order to limit the proliferation of messages and the consumption of storage space, I am thinking of killing the Thursday and Sunday calendar reminders and leave it up to individuals to post something when they are in position for a ride. I will then work at pruning old messages..

Kevin Crockett - VK3CKC

Edited

Graeme, Trevor, Lloyd and Kevin are enjoying rides around the environs of Albury for a couple of days with a contingent from the Friends of the Bendigo-Kilmore Rail Trail.. Heading towards Tallangatta tomorrow. A good time being had.

Kevin Crockett - VK3CKC

A great couple of days with some very interesting "bits". Met two other Wodonga trikies - Wes and the "other" Lloyd.

Kevin Crockett - VK3CKC

Sunday, July 14, Bike Bendigo Community Ride

Officially starts in the McIvor Park Estate, Junortoun: at the playground on Inverness Drive, and finishes at the Strath Football Netball Club. I will be riding the O'Keefe trail to near where it crosses the McIvor Hwy, Junortoun, to meet up with anyone who wants venture ou from Bendigo on the Trail, planning to leave the Trail at McIvor Hwy about 9.40am to go to the playground at Inverness Street. I will be Tail End Charlie for this ride. We can go for a coffee at the Strath shopping centre after leaving the Football Netball Club.

Kevin Crockett - VK3CKC

The Bike Bendigo Community Ride for tomorrow, December 8, starts at 10am from the Golden Square Swimming Pool, and runs to near Harvey Norman, Kangaroo Flat to a playground near where you head to Crusoe Reservoir - but we are not going that far. Return is back to the pool. You'll probably find a map on the Bike Bendigo Facebook page.