Remote Control #remote

Kevin Crockett - VK3CKC

Another spin-off project suggested itself to me after rain put paid to my trike building endeavours for the day.

Why not remote control a home multi-band radio from your ride? The benefits are less stuff to cart around and the more efficient, higher gain, antennas that exist at home. A Raspberry Pi based computer might be the best to use at homer as it would only require starting up. There a many Youtube tutorials on the Internet. Only require choice of which one to use.

You can use your phone to control it. I have a dongle that I use for DMR so an old tablet, when I get around to resoldering the micro-USB socket, should do for the ride end.

How about it? Let me know how you go and I will copy it.

Join pedalradio@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.