tune in Weds 3-5pm to see PDX Shelter Forum introduced at MultCo AHFE policy board

Tim McCormick

tomorrow afternoon, PDX Shelter Forum will be introduced probably around 4:15-4:45pm at the 3-5pm bi-monthly meeting of Multnomah County's homelessness policy advisory group, A Home For Everyone (Coordinating Board). (this is a 28-member Board representing various community constituencies; there is also a 9-member Executive Committee drawn from top area elected officials).

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 8.03.33 PM.png

Meeting agenda - see "Community proposal regarding hygiene services and alternative shelter." During this 30-minute slot, which will be about 4:20-4:50pm if the meeting runs according to agenda, PDX Shelter Forum will be discussed as part of a joint presentation by Interfaith Alliance and Bridgeton / Downtown Neighborhood Associations.

Attendee link for Webex online meeting.

Password: AHFE0820.  (note: presenters need and should have received a different link and password). If you haven't used Webex before or recently, you will need to install Webex helper software on your phone or computer to join the meeting. See instructions at meeting link above and we suggest allowing at least 10 minutes before meeting to get set up.

I and others from Interfaith Alliance and partner orgs should be there in the Chat channel during the meeting, look out for us and say hello. You can also ask questions of other presenters or AHFE Board or Committee members in the chat channel, they may see it or get the question via a moderator.

-Tim

tjm.org/about / @tmccormick

p.s. we now have a pilot Twitter account, check it out at: @PDXshelterforum
PDXshelterforum-twitter-header_2020-08-04.png

Tim McCormick

as mentioned last week, we presented on Weds Aug 5 a "Community Proposal on Alternative Shelter & Villages" to Portland / Multnomah County's homelessness policy board, A Home For Everyone (to the Coordinating Board, 28-member board which advises the Executive Committee. ).

The presentation is posted at AHFE Coordinating Board page under meetings, and at: http://ahomeforeveryone.net/s/CB_Community_Proposal_20200805.pdf. Below are the first two of the 12 slides.

It seemed to get a good response. Joint Office of Homeless Services director Marc Jolin discussed it with us, we had many follow-up questions from the AHFE board at the meeting, and in writing from MultCo Commissioner Meieran's and MultCo Co-chair Kafoury's office inviting further conversation.

This presentation was pulled together on the day of the meeting, and was titled so just because it's how the AHFE's agenda had it -- so this certainly isn't the last word on plans or messaging. It gave us a helpful prompt to make a concise and clear published expression for one point in time, but your thoughts on where to go next and how we might present next time are welcome.

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 3.20.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 3.21.36 PM.png

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 8:36 PM Tim McCormick via groups.io <tmccormick=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Art Rios Sr

Good evening all,

What is a model you have a budget for in mind? How many people, services, staff/no staff, location, and amenities are you looking for to provide? Are you looking for the JOHS to pay for this?  Are you or have have a capital campaign to be added to the working project/ working program that can be replicated?

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020, 3:45 PM Tim McCormick <tmccormick@...> wrote:
[...]

Andrew Olshin

Just wondering if you can share the letters from the electeds?

Thanks,
Andy Olshin

On Aug 10, 2020, at 5:13 PM, Art Rios Sr <arthurrios14@...> wrote:

[...]

David Dickson

Outstanding work, Tim!!!  I am very impressed with this presentation and your ability to capture it, as well as your focus on building broader coalitions and making this plan a “win-win” for elected officials and people engaged in homeless services.  Thank you!

David