SWHRL meeting tonight to feature speakers on homelessness solutions used in LA and Philadelphia, 7-8:30 PM

Sally Bachman

You don't need to live in the Southwest Hills Residential League (SWHRL) area to tune in to this meeting. All are welcome to join via zoom. -- Sincerely, Sally Bachman

Featuring:

Prof R. Scott Mitchell, USC School of Architecture and co-author of Give Me Shelter https://www.oroeditions.com/product/give-me-shelter, will discuss Los Angeles' use of pre-fabricated transitional housing to tackle the homelessness crisis;

and Dr. Bob Davis, formerly co-manager of a city hospital's Drug & Alcohol Detox Unit, will talk about Philadelphia’s successful program for providing homeless people the necessary services enable them to move into stable, long-term housing.

Details below:

https://mailchi.mp/dec056816c9f/come-to-our-neighborhood-meeting-april-6179729?e=590b354feb

SWHRL Neighborhood Meeting

Wednesday, May 19

7:00-8:30 pm

Featuring expert speakers from across the US on successful methods for addressing homelessness

On Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87205573096?pwd=aWtYUXFPMFc3L2RTWjhTemptYkRudz09

We hope you can join us at the SWHRL members' meeting this Wednesday at 7:00 PM on Zoom. This is an important annual meeting to elect the Board and set the direction for the year ahead.

In addition, Prof R. Scott Mitchell, USC School of Architecture and co-author of Give Me Shelter https://www.oroeditions.com/product/give-me-shelter, will discuss Los Angeles' use of pre-fabricated transitional housing to tackle the homelessness crisis; and Dr. Bob Davis, formerly co-manager of a city hospital's Drug & Alcohol Detox Unit, will talk about Philadelphia’s successful program for providing homeless people the necessary services enable them to move into stable, long-term housing.

Please invite your neighbors. (If you are not yet a member but live or work in the SWHRL neighborhood, just send an email with your name and address to contact@....) We want to hear what YOU want from your neighborhood association!

We are looking for new Board members

Qualifications:

  • Membership in SWHRL
  • Passion for our neighborhood and city
  • Willingness to pitch in

If you are interested in serving or want more information, contact president@....

Hope to see you on the 19th!

PSA: Ride Connection invites you to check out its new Travel Options Tool at https://rideconnection.org/services/travel-options-tool to see what travel options serve your area and best suit your needs.

Tim McCormick

thank you Sally for this event announcement, sounds very interesting. Today 7pm, on Zoom

Prof R. Scott Mitchell, co-author of Give Me Shelter https://www.oroeditions.com/product/give-me-shelter,

I've read this book, and also discuss the project MADWORKSHOP it describes, in my book in progress, Village Buildings
(http://VillageBuildings.housing.wiki) -- particularly, in comparison to the somewhat similar POD Initiative project in Portland.

On Wed, May 19, 2021 at 11:52 AM Sally Bachman <Sarahbach@...> wrote:

[...]

Use this zoom link:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8720