[EXTERNAL] Re: [pdxshelterforum] Portland to resume homeless camp sweeps/cleanups

Olson, Lexi

Hello group,
I know of and have done outreach to The Central Nazarene Church on SE Powell that has a tiny house transitional living community, "Agape Village," that seems to function very well on minimal funding and is self-governing well as well as working with the folks who are camping around the village https://www.agapevillagepdx.org/ 

Additionally, the city of Beaverton has been doing their "Safe Parking" program for a couple of years now, but with limited success. I think it could be due to what seems like too many barriers, but they still have it as an option... https://www.beavertonoregon.gov/2235/Safe-Parking-Program
Agape Village is constructed on a portion of the property at Central Nazarene Church which is located in a part of Portland that is under-resourced when it comes to helping the houseless population.
www.agapevillagepdx.org

News “Affordable housing is disappearing.So cities are designating parking lots to sleep in.” The Highlight by Vox 10/18/2019 “Beaverton launches program to help homeless” KGW 5/7/2019 “Beaverton tests safe parking spaces for homeless campers” KATU 4/30/2019 “Beaverton moves toward safe parking for homeless” Beaverton Valley Times 4/15/19
www.beavertonoregon.gov

• Lexi

From: pdxshelterforum@groups.io <pdxshelterforum@groups.io> on behalf of Darlene Urban Garrett <darleneurbangarrett@...>
Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2020 01:19
To: pdxshelterforum@groups.io <pdxshelterforum@groups.io>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [pdxshelterforum] Portland to resume homeless camp sweeps/cleanups

I have attempted several times to find someone to talk to there. If you have a contact or know of a contact please post it.
Darlene Urban Garrett

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 7/10/20 10:28 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: pdxshelterforum@groups.io
Subject: Re: [pdxshelterforum] Portland to resume homeless camp sweeps/cleanups

Hi everyone,

I‘ve been wondering why Concordia university is not being looked at as a facility for the houseless. The possibility there seems endless on many levels. Cost, I know plays a large factor, but...

-- 

This message is intended for the sole use of the addressee, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete this message.

Andrew Olshin

I’d like to offer to host a series of community workshops on our Capitol Hwy site.   Topics to include basic welding with Mark.  Building sawhorses with Jesse.  Planing stock with Jesse.  Solar power with Solomon.   Veggies with Benjamin.  Plumbing with Bob.   Pocket screwed custom furniture with Will. All welcome.  Sliding scale. All materials to be sponsored privately. 

Thanks, 
Andy Olshin

On Jul 11, 2020, at 2:03 PM, Olson, Lexi <Alexandra.Olson@...> wrote:

Hello group,
I know of and have done outreach to The Central Nazarene Church on SE Powell that has a tiny house transitional living community, "Agape Village," that seems to function very well on minimal funding and is self-governing well as well as working with the folks who are camping around the village https://www.agapevillagepdx.org/ 

Additionally, the city of Beaverton has been doing their "Safe Parking" program for a couple of years now, but with limited success. I think it could be due to what seems like too many barriers, but they still have it as an option... https://www.beavertonoregon.gov/2235/Safe-Parking-Program
Agape Village is constructed on a portion of the property at Central Nazarene Church which is located in a part of Portland that is under-resourced when it comes to helping the houseless population.
www.agapevillagepdx.org

News “Affordable housing is disappearing.So cities are designating parking lots to sleep in.” The Highlight by Vox 10/18/2019 “Beaverton launches program to help homeless” KGW 5/7/2019 “Beaverton tests safe parking spaces for homeless campers” KATU 4/30/2019 “Beaverton moves toward safe parking for homeless” Beaverton Valley Times 4/15/19
www.beavertonoregon.gov

• Lexi

From: pdxshelterforum@groups.io <pdxshelterforum@groups.io> on behalf of Darlene Urban Garrett <darleneurbangarrett@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [pdxshelterforum] Portland to resume homeless camp sweeps/cleanups

I have attempted several times to find someone to talk to there. If you have a contact or know of a contact please post it.
Darlene Urban Garrett

Hi everyone,

I‘ve been wondering why Concordia university is not being looked at as a facility for the houseless. The possibility there seems endless on many levels. Cost, I know plays a large factor, but...

-- 

This message is intended for the sole use of the addressee, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete this message.

Andrew Olshin

Sorry.  Adding to my last, Please email me directly with interest and/or questions. 

Thanks, 
Andy Olshin

On Jul 11, 2020, at 2:47 PM, Andrew Olshin <andrew.olshin@...> wrote:

I’d like to offer to host a series of community workshops on our Capitol Hwy site.   Topics to include basic welding with Mark.  Building sawhorses with Jesse.  Planing stock with Jesse.  Solar power with Solomon.   Veggies with Benjamin.  Plumbing with Bob.   Pocket screwed custom furniture with Will. All welcome.  Sliding scale. All materials to be sponsored privately. 

Thanks, 
Andy Olshin

On Jul 11, 2020, at 2:03 PM, Olson, Lexi <Alexandra.Olson@...> wrote:

Hello group,

www.agapevillagepdx.org

www.beavertonoregon.gov

• Lexi

Darlene Urban Garrett

Hi everyone,

--