People For Portland Town Hall 6-? pm today: Public Safety Solutions

Tim McCormick

2021-11-02_People-For-Portland_Town-Hall_public-safety.jpg
Zoom link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/89388846384?pwd=TVExZXdTeUI5WVJLb1VpcG9MbnhHZz09 Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1226765564495541

Google Calendar link: https://calendar.google.com/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=MTBqOWhwa2dsdmw2ajVlaWIxamoxM3NvMDUgdG1jY29ybWlja0Bt&tmsrc=tmccormick%40gmail.com.

Note: end time was not stated by organizers. [-tm].

"Rising crime and violence are impacting every neighborhood in Portland. We want to discuss solutions. Please join us for a virtual community town hall to listen, learn, and discuss possible solutions to restoring public safety in Portland.

"We’ve invited a panel of three experts who each bring first-hand experience to the discussion and we want to hear your concerns and ideas. Our panelists include:
"Our town hall discussion will focus on the role that police have to play, the role of non-police street response teams, and the role that citizen advocates can play in reforming our public safety and criminal justice systems.

"Join us for this opportunity to learn, listen, and share ideas for restoring peace and safety in the city we love.

"This will be a Zoom town hall and will also be streamed live on Facebook. Please RSVP [on Facebook? -tm] and let us know you're joining!"

-------------------------------------------------------- EMAIL INVITE from People for Portland:

Dear X, Rising crime and violence are impacting every neighborhood in Portland. We want to discuss solutions. Please join us for a virtual community town hall to listen, learn, and discuss possible solutions to restoring public safety in Portland. We’ve invited a panel of three experts who each bring first-hand experience to the discussion and we want to hear your concerns and ideas.

Our town hall discussion will focus on the role that police have to play, the role of non-police street response teams, and the role that citizen advocates can play in reforming our public safety and criminal justice systems.

Join us for this opportunity to learn, listen, and share ideas for restoring peace and safety in the city we love.

  • WHAT:  People For Portland Public Safety Virtual Town Hall
  • WHEN: Tuesday, November 2nd at 6 PM
  • WHERE:  Zoom and Facebook Live
  • Click HERE for the Zoom link
  • RSVP: Facebook Event Page. Let us know you’re coming!

Do you have a specific topic or concern you would like to see discussed during this virtual Public Safety Town Hall? Email Maria@...,  [Maria Smithson, Gallatin Public Affairs, in Eugene. -tm] to share a question you would like answered.

Please join us for this important community discussion! We look forward to seeing you,

-People for Portland --------------------------------------------------------

Housing Alternatives Network
+1 503.334.1894. Zoom personal room.
Director Oregon Cooperative Housing Network, Editor at HousingWiki,
Organizer at Village Collaborative

Bcc:
Maria Smithson - PFP / Gallatin Public Affairs
Kevin Looper - PFP / Wheelhouse Northwest
Dan Lavey - PFP / Gallatin Public Affairs
[note to all: you can reply or post to the full PDX Shelter Forum group if you'd like, by Replying to All to this email, or emailing to pdxshelterforum@groups.io. We invite open discussion between officials, leaders, staff, publics, and especially, those closest to homelessness].

Sue Gemmell

I attended. The event seemed very contrived. Maria Smithson implied that all 1000 attendees supported P4P, and the mayor, and more police ... and I am skeptical. Speakers continued to be very light on details.

My unanswered question: "What would the 300 officers do exactly that would improve safety? Please provide specific details, and illustrate how these activities have proven to reduce crime."

I know, I get hung up on data and evidence.

Sue

--

Sue Gemmell (she/ella)

Online Communities and Knowledge Management

suegemmell.com