Opinions he on National Alliance to End Homelessness

Andrew Olshin

I’m downtown at 4th and Everett.  I’m watching the Central City concern / Downtown Clean and Safe street cleanup team.   And I’m wondering if Proud Ground isn’t the more direct route to getting folks off the streets.  Isn’t the contract for Clean and Safe up for grabs?  Open? Willing?

Thanks, 
Andy Olshin

On Jun 7, 2021, at 10:35 AM, Donna Cohen <dcohen@...> wrote:

This webinar from the National Alliance to End Homelessness, transcript and, especially, the SLIDES from the speaker from the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities are very good.

Slides also suggest specific advocacy steps.

https://endhomelessness.org/resource/homeless-policy-in-the-recovery-plans-webinar/

Donna

Donna L Cohen, MLIS, MEd

Portland, Oregon

503-737-1425

dcohen@...

Civics for Adults – and Others – Workshops: To Enhance Civic Knowledge and Inspire Political Engagement

Webpage www.civicthinker.info

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Civics-for-Adults-1490728887922036/

“My philosophy is very simple. When you see something that is not fair, not right, not just – stand up, say something, speak up!” Rep. John Lewis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6lzPpqc2WY

From: pdxshelterforum@groups.io <pdxshelterforum@groups.io> On Behalf Of Keliferous Goodwoman
Sent: Monday, June 7, 2021 10:11 AM
To: pdxshelterforum@groups.io
Subject: Re: [pdxshelterforum] Opinions on National Alliance to End Homelessness

Very cool! Have you checked out Health Care for the homeless? It started in Boston. 

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021, 11:01 AM Tommy Kiser <tommy@...> wrote:

Hi all - really appreciate everyone on this list and all you’re doing to make real change for our unhoused and housing-unstable neighbors.

I just wanted to solicit some opinions from the group. I’m making a short film right now that’s meant to make a statement on houselessness, and I was looking for a website to link to in the credits for good explanations of housing-first solutions, and the importance/efficacy of them. The potential audience is national (not local/state level). The call to action is to support housing-first solutions and living wage jobs, and to demand the same of elected leaders.

I found the National Alliance to End Homelessness (https://endhomelessness.org/), and from the website it looks like they have some really good data and messaging around the topic. Anyone here have any experience with them? I looked them up on Charity Navigator and they have a good score there for fiscal transparency and accountability. Mainly want to do some due diligence and make sure they are a worthy org to drive traffic to before I highlight their site. (Not that I expect millions of viewers here, this is just a personal project, but nonetheless.)

Any thoughts or opinions are welcome and appreciated. Also if you have any other organizations or web resources to suggest, please send them my way. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

-Tommy

Tommy Kiser

Hi all, thanks again for everyone’s input. I wanted to share the finished short with the group.

Cheers,
-Tommy

On Jun 7, 2021, at 10:38 AM, Andrew Olshin <Andrew.Olshin@...> wrote:

I’m downtown at 4th and Everett.  I’m watching the Central City concern / Downtown Clean and Safe street cleanup team.   And I’m wondering if Proud Ground isn’t the more direct route to getting folks off the streets.  Isn’t the contract for Clean and Safe up for grabs?  Open? Willing?

Thanks, 
Andy Olshin

This webinar from the National Alliance to End Homelessness, transcript and, especially, the SLIDES from the speaker from the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities are very good.

Donna 

Donna L Cohen, MLIS, MEd
Portland, Oregon
503-737-1425
Civics for Adults – and Others – Workshops: To Enhance Civic Knowledge and Inspire Political Engagement
“My philosophy is very simple. When you see something that is not fair, not right, not just – stand up, say something, speak up!” Rep. John Lewis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6lzPpqc2WY

From: pdxshelterforum@groups.io <pdxshelterforum@groups.io> On Behalf Of Keliferous Goodwoman
Sent: Monday, June 7, 2021 10:11 AM
To: pdxshelterforum@groups.io
Subject: Re: [pdxshelterforum] Opinions on National Alliance to End Homelessness

Very cool! Have you checked out Health Care for the homeless? It started in Boston. 

Hi all - really appreciate everyone on this list and all you’re doing to make real change for our unhoused and housing-unstable neighbors.

I just wanted to solicit some opinions from the group. I’m making a short film right now that’s meant to make a statement on houselessness, and I was looking for a website to link to in the credits for good explanations of housing-first solutions, and the importance/efficacy of them. The potential audience is national (not local/state level). The call to action is to support housing-first solutions and living wage jobs, and to demand the same of elected leaders.

I found the National Alliance to End Homelessness (https://endhomelessness.org/), and from the website it looks like they have some really good data and messaging around the topic. Anyone here have any experience with them? I looked them up on Charity Navigator and they have a good score there for fiscal transparency and accountability. Mainly want to do some due diligence and make sure they are a worthy org to drive traffic to before I highlight their site. (Not that I expect millions of viewers here, this is just a personal project, but nonetheless.)

Any thoughts or opinions are welcome and appreciated. Also if you have any other organizations or web resources to suggest, please send them my way. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
-Tommy

Elise Aymer

Thanks for sharing the film, Tommy.

Elise

On Wed, Jun 30, 2021, 8:13 PM Tommy Kiser, <tommy@...> wrote:
Hi all, thanks again for everyone’s input. I wanted to share the finished short with the group.

Cheers,
-Tommy

On Jun 7, 2021, at 10:38 AM, Andrew Olshin <Andrew.Olshin@...> wrote:

I’m downtown at 4th and Everett.  I’m watching the Central City concern / Downtown Clean and Safe street cleanup team.   And I’m wondering if Proud Ground isn’t the more direct route to getting folks off the streets.  Isn’t the contract for Clean and Safe up for grabs?  Open? Willing?

Thanks, 
Andy Olshin

Donna 

Donna L Cohen, MLIS, MEd
Portland, Oregon
503-737-1425
“My philosophy is very simple. When you see something that is not fair, not right, not just – stand up, say something, speak up!” Rep. John Lewis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6lzPpqc2WY

From: pdxshelterforum@groups.io <pdxshelterforum@groups.io> On Behalf Of Keliferous Goodwoman
Sent: Monday, June 7, 2021 10:11 AM
To: pdxshelterforum@groups.io
Subject: Re: [pdxshelterforum] Opinions on National Alliance to End Homelessness

Cheers,
-Tommy