Join Us! - Housing Oregon conference - Thursday Oct. 7 schedule

Tim McCormick

to attend, register using code "HonoredGuest".

12-1pm session: recap of 2021 Oregon Legislative Session actions on Affordable Housing, with Representative Julie Fahey & others.

3-5pm: on the remarkable just-passed SB 458, allowing residential land parcels to be subdivided and separately owned. I think this is potentially a pathway to creating low-cost, small village-type housing clusters, and/or cooperative housing, throughout the state.

On Thu, Oct 7, 2021 at 6:01 AM Housing Oregon <housingoregon@...> wrote:

Thursday, October 7  Schedule of Sessions

Dear Tim,

We're halfway through Housing Oregon's Industry Support Conferene. We invite you to join us at the lunch hour today (12 PM Pacific) for a look back at the 2021 Oregon Legislative session and what comes next for affordable housing.

Representative Julie Fahey, District 14, Oregon Legislature

Senator Kayse Jama, District 24, Oregon Legislature

Representative Jack Zika, District 53, Oregon Legislature

The 2021 Oregon Legislative Session: Advancing Affordable Housing Through A Time of Crisis

Thursday, October 7:  12:00 pm Pacific

Grab some lunch and join a panel discussion with Legislative leaders and housing advocates who will reflect on the significant wins of this past session and the work left to tackle moving forward. Hear reflections on how these new resources and policies respond to the challenges we face brought on by the COVID pandemic and catastrophic wildfires while advancing long-term housing solutions that will chip away at ongoing systemic racial disparities we face.

How to join-in each day

  • Each day of the event, visit the Resilient Communities event website.
  • Sign in via the upper-right hand corner. Forgot your password? Don't worry, ou can reset it.
  • Click on "Sessions" tab to search for dates and times.
  • Zoom "Watch Now" link appears 10 minutes before session begins.  If for some reason you do not see the "Watch Now" link, try refreshing your browser. Zoom room will open when presenters are ready.

Candace Jamison, Executive Director, Marion County Housing Authority - Workshop: Lessons in Community and Family Resilience from the 2020 Wildfires

Emily Reiman, Executive Director, DevNW - Workshop: SB 8 - Expanding Affordable Housing Options on Commercially Zoned Properties

Thursday, October 7 Schedule

    9:00 am - 10:00 am

    10:30 am - 11:30 am

    12:00 pm - 1:00 pm

      1:30 pm - 2:30 pm

      3:00 pm - 4:00 pm

      Program Guide

      Check out more details in the Program Guide

      • Thanks to our 46 sponsors
      • Featured speakers
      • Tracks - Workshops under each theme
      • Daily sessions-at-a-glance
      • Workshop details listed chronologically:
        • Date and time
        • Respective tracks
        • Descriptions
        • Presenters
      • Speakers listed alphabetically

      Thank You to Our Conference Sponsors

      Presenting Sponsors

      Sapphire and Emerald Sponsors

      Ruby Sponsors

      Thank You to Our Conference Sponsors

      Amethyst Sponsors

      +1 503.334.1894.  Zoom personal room.
      Moderator PDX Shelter Forum, Editor at HousingWiki,
      Organizer at Village Collaborative

      Donna Cohen

      Thanks, Tim!

      Donna

      Donna L Cohen, MLIS, MEd

      Portland, Oregon

      503-737-1425

      dcohen@...

      Civics for Adults – and Others – Workshops: To Enhance Civic Knowledge and Inspire Political Engagement

      Webpage www.civicthinker.info

      Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Civics-for-Adults-1490728887922036/

      “My philosophy is very simple. When you see something that is not fair, not right, not just – stand up, say something, speak up!” Rep. John Lewis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6lzPpqc2WY

      ·