Invitation: PDXHFS.org / StreetRoots - Solutions Salon @ Tue Mar 9, 2021 12pm - 1pm (PST) (pdxshelterforum@groups.io)

Portland Shelter Forum

You have been invited to the following event.

PDXHFS.org / StreetRoots - Solutions Salon

When
Tue Mar 9, 2021 12pm – 1pm Pacific Time - Los Angeles
Calendar
pdxshelterforum@groups.io
Who
pdxshelterforum@... - organizer
pdxshelterforum@groups.io
Zoom meeting, RSVP required.

http://www.pdxhfs.org/events/2020/6/2/virtual-solution-salon-9h4rf

PHFS (Portland Homeless Family Solution) is teaming up with Street Roots for our annual Solution Salon with a free online community discussion about homelessness in our community.

Hear from PHFS Executive Director, Brandi Tuck, and Street Roots Executive Director, Kaia Sand, about the causes, effects, and solutions of homelessness. You'll be able to ask questions about this challenging issue and engage in dialogue about what we can do to help.

Solution Salon will be hosted on Zoom. Guests will be turned on mute and can choose to turn video on or off. We'll use the chat feature for questions. The event is free and open to the public but RSVP is required. RSVP early to guarantee your spot!

---------------
this is a listing on PDX Shelter Forum events calendar. You can view or subscribe to this calendar (i.e. make its event automatically appear on your calendar): 

Going (pdxshelterforum@groups.io)?   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account pdxshelterforum@groups.io because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to send a response to the organizer and be added to the guest list, or invite others regardless of their own invitation status, or to modify your RSVP. Learn More.

Janel Hovde

Good afternoon.  I did not receive the Zoom link.

On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 1:15 PM Portland Shelter Forum <pdxshelterforum@...> wrote:

When
Calendar
Who

PHFS (Portland Homeless Family Solution) is teaming up with Street Roots for our annual Solution Salon with a free online community discussion about homelessness in our community.

Hear from PHFS Executive Director, Brandi Tuck, and Street Roots Executive Director, Kaia Sand, about the causes, effects, and solutions of homelessness. You'll be able to ask questions about this challenging issue and engage in dialogue about what we can do to help.

Solution Salon will be hosted on Zoom. Guests will be turned on mute and can choose to turn video on or off. We'll use the chat feature for questions. The event is free and open to the public but RSVP is required. RSVP early to guarantee your spot!

---------------
this is a listing on PDX Shelter Forum events calendar. You can view or subscribe to this calendar (i.e. make its event automatically appear on your calendar): 

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account pdxshelterforum@groups.io because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to send a response to the organizer and be added to the guest list, or invite others regardless of their own invitation status, or to modify your RSVP. Learn More.

--
Blessings,

Janel (she/her)
503-396-1372

"Hope means the most to those who have lived without it."

“What will we be remembered for? Our academic achievements, job position, or financial success may get us recognized by others. But it is the quiet work we do in the lives of people that will live long after we are gone.” C.P. Hia

Steve Rudman

i did not get zoom link 
thanks
steve rudman

On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 1:15 PM Portland Shelter Forum <pdxshelterforum@...> wrote:

When
Calendar
Who

---------------

--
sdrpdx@...

503-201-4361

Barb Rainish

I didn't either, but I hope the recording  will be somewhere.

Barb.

On Tue, Mar 9, 2021, 12:09 PM Steve Rudman <sdrpdx@...> wrote:
i did not get zoom link 
thanks
steve rudman

When
Calendar
Who

---------------

--
sdrpdx@...

503-201-4361

Janice Yaden

I'm in the same boat.
Janice

On Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 12:27:19 PM PST, Barb Rainish <whatisright88@...> wrote:

Barb.

i did not get zoom link 
thanks
steve rudman

When
Calendar
Who

---------------

--
sdrpdx@...

503-201-4361

Barb Rainish

Let's float down that river together! I'm hopeful it will be recorded and available. Take care see you on the zoom tube,
Barb.

On Tue, Mar 9, 2021, 12:36 PM Janice Yaden via groups.io <janiceyaden=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm in the same boat.
Janice

On Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 12:27:19 PM PST, Barb Rainish <whatisright88@...> wrote:

Barb.

i did not get zoom link 
thanks
steve rudman

When
Calendar
Who

---------------

--
sdrpdx@...

503-201-4361

Janice Yaden

I agree, Barb.  

On Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 12:38:25 PM PST, Barb Rainish <whatisright88@...> wrote:

Let's float down that river together! I'm hopeful it will be recorded and available. Take care see you on the zoom tube,
Barb.

On Tue, Mar 9, 2021, 12:36 PM Janice Yaden via groups.io <janiceyaden=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm in the same boat.
Janice

Barb.

i did not get zoom link 
thanks
steve rudman

When
Calendar
Who

---------------

--
sdrpdx@...

503-201-4361

Jim Krauel

Hi,
Is anyone working with houseless folks to help them get federal stimulus checks? 
Thanks,
Jim Krauel

On Tue, Mar 9, 2021 at 12:38 PM Barb Rainish <whatisright88@...> wrote:
Barb.

I'm in the same boat.
Janice

Barb.

i did not get zoom link 
thanks
steve rudman

When
Calendar
Who

---------------

--
sdrpdx@...

503-201-4361

Janice Yaden

What do they need to do? 

On Monday, March 15, 2021, 11:29:14 AM PDT, Jim Krauel <jimmykrauel@...> wrote:

Hi,
Is anyone working with houseless folks to help them get federal stimulus checks? 
Thanks,
Jim Krauel

Barb.

I'm in the same boat.
Janice

Barb.

i did not get zoom link 
thanks
steve rudman

When
Calendar
Who

---------------

--
sdrpdx@...

503-201-4361

Tommy Kiser

In the presentation last week I believe Kaia from Street Roots mentioned that they are brining houseless people in to use their computers and helping them claim stimulus checks (and have been since the first stimulus act).

Cheers,
-Tommy

On Mar 15, 2021, at 11:44 AM, Janice Yaden via groups.io <janiceyaden@...> wrote:

What do they need to do? 

On Monday, March 15, 2021, 11:29:14 AM PDT, Jim Krauel <jimmykrauel@...> wrote:

Hi,
Thanks,
Jim Krauel

Barb.

I'm in the same boat.
Janice

Barb.

i did not get zoom link 
thanks
steve rudman

When
Calendar
Who

---------------

--
sdrpdx@...

503-201-4361

Elise Aymer

Seems like getting them is one hurdle - being able to cash them or have them direct deposited another. The last (Trump) check was, I think, only available if you had filed in recent years - so that's another question.

Elise

Sarabelle Hitchner

I'm a tax prep volunteer with AARP VITA program for low- and very-low income residents that's run by Multnomah Family Services/CashOregon.  Tax filing, even when nothing is owed, triggers the payments.  I suggest someone call or email Riley Eldredge who heads up the program to ask him whether the logistics are do-able.  The hurdle may be an individual having a SS# --- but beyond that....  He will know.

Sarabelle Hitchner
503 477-0012

On Monday, March 15, 2021, 11:55:21 AM PDT, Elise Aymer <elise@...> wrote:

Seems like getting them is one hurdle - being able to cash them or have them direct deposited another. The last (Trump) check was, I think, only available if you had filed in recent years - so that's another question.

Elise

Donna Richards

Hurrah for Sarabelle!

On Mar 15, 2021, at 12:20 PM, Sarabelle Hitchner via groups.io <shitchner@...> wrote:

I'm a tax prep volunteer with AARP VITA program for low- and very-low income residents that's run by Multnomah Family Services/CashOregon.  Tax filing, even when nothing is owed, triggers the payments.  I suggest someone call or email Riley Eldredge who heads up the program to ask him whether the logistics are do-able.  The hurdle may be an individual having a SS# --- but beyond that....  He will know.

Sarabelle Hitchner
503 477-0012

Elise

Janice Yaden

Thanks, Sarabelle,  According to Street Roots website, they help folks sign up for the Stimulus funding so am sure they are in the know-how.  But, this is a good contact to know, in case another group or person decides to step in to help someone get their due. I'm also assuming someone from that organization monitors this thread.  But, I'll still cc the director.
Janice

On Monday, March 15, 2021, 12:20:23 PM PDT, Sarabelle Hitchner via groups.io <shitchner@...> wrote:

Sarabelle Hitchner
503 477-0012

Elise

Sue Gemmell

I created a “cheat sheet” for the first stimulus payment. I have not confirmed the same steps work for this one, but all a person needed was:
SSN
Info on spouse and kids if needed
Use of cell phone
Use of email address
Mailing address (could be a shelter)

The stimulus money was (and is?) available as a debit card so no bank was needed to cash or deposit a check.

I’ll be happy to share the document. It may need to be updated and I’m overextended and haven’t been able to do this.

Sue

Elise Aymer

That sounds great, Sue. Thanks for sharing the chat sheet and what you know.

Elise

On Tue, Mar 16, 2021, 11:13 AM Sue Gemmell, <sue@...> wrote:
I created a “cheat sheet” for the first stimulus payment. I have not confirmed the same steps work for this one, but all a person needed was:
SSN
Use of cell phone
Use of email address

The stimulus money was (and is?) available as a debit card so no bank was needed to cash or deposit a check.

I’ll be happy to share the document. It may need to be updated and I’m overextended and haven’t been able to do this.

Sue

Sally Bachman

HI Sue,

I would be really thankful for a tip sheet. I have a friend who has a cell phone (but very poor), who probably would benefit from a how-to guide about how she could get her stimulus funding.

Thank you for doing this!
Sally Bachman

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2021 8:13am
To: pdxshelterforum@groups.io
Subject: Re: [pdxshelterforum] Invitation: PDXHFS.org / StreetRoots - Solutions Salon @ Tue Mar 9, 2021 12pm - 1pm (PST) (pdxshelterforum@groups.io)

SSN
Use of cell phone
Use of email address

Sue

David Dickson

Yes!  This tip sheet would be very helpful for our Downtown Good Neighbor Project, as we deliver survival items to our unhoused neighbors.  A stimulus payment would be a great survival item for the people we visit.  Thank you, Sue!

David Dickson

On Mar 16, 2021, at 9:49 AM, Sally Bachman <Sarahbach@...> wrote:

HI Sue,

I would be really thankful for a tip sheet. I have a friend who has a cell phone (but very poor), who probably would benefit from a how-to guide about how she could get her stimulus funding.

Thank you for doing this!
Sally Bachman

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2021 8:13am
To: pdxshelterforum@groups.io
Subject: Re: [pdxshelterforum] Invitation: PDXHFS.org / StreetRoots - Solutions Salon @ Tue Mar 9, 2021 12pm - 1pm (PST) (pdxshelterforum@groups.io)

SSN
Use of cell phone
Use of email address

Sue