Deadline Tomorrow - Support AfroVillage Movement

Sean Green

Click here before Friday, October 2nd to digitally sign a letter to support a Metro Community Placemaking grant proposal for the AfroVillage Movement and the AfroVillage Homebase project.

Receiving the Metro grant will help ensure that the AfroVillage Movement "that the AfroVillage Movement continues to provide services, resources, and healing spaces to Portland’s most vulnerable population–unhoused individuals–with a focus on racial disparities and inequalities."

LaQuida Landford is doing amazing work in our community that deserves more support. She inspires me and helps ground and center my own efforts to support our unhoused community. Q is a constant reminder that one does not need permission to show compassion or do good work.

Sean

--
SEAN GREEN
Founder & COO, Aforma

c 971.998.7376 IG:

@AFORMACO

Tim McCormick

To: PDX Shelter Forum, Bcc: LaQuida Landford.

thanks Sean for sharing that support letter for AfroVillage, I signed. Also thanks LaQuida for leading this.

There is more information about AfroVillage gathered in this open article:
Village Collaborative wiki: AfroVillage
(https://wiki.villagecollaborative.net/wiki/AfroVillage_PDX_Project

Afro-Village-logo_2020-09.png

The wiki is, by the way, a recently-launched project of the Village Collaborative network, which was started in 2014 by Andrew Heben who is co-founder of SquareOne Villages, Eugene, and for which I am lead organizer. The wiki just requires registration and confirming an email address in order to edit or add materials -- though edits are monitored and reviewed -- and it uses the same software as Wikipedia.

The goal is to support knowledge-gathering and community among the many dozens of village-type projects existing or in development in the US and abroad, many of which participate in or have been discussed in Village Collaborative's large Facebook group over the years. It isn't intended to replace or preempt any project's own online presence, but rather to help others get started, provide a helpful gathering or reference point, and perhaps build helpful common knowledge.

We'd be happy if it can help in documenting and supporting all kinds of village and alternative-shelter/housing projects in Portland, also related issues such as zoning, legal matters, mapping possible sites, etc. Please check it out, try it out, suggest what materials you'd like to see there, etc.
thanks, Tim

On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 9:06 PM Sean Green <green@...> wrote:
[...]

Karen Erde <karen.erde@...>

I'm very interested in supporting this, but link not working.