Date   

10AM: watch Multnomah County Commissioners briefing & vote on homelessness spending

Tim McCormick
 

'Briefing' meeting: 10am - 11:25am


Watch online: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7KFkxGaFa7EJwXh7OYckkQ


Agenda & links to material: 

http://multnomah.granicus.com/GeneratedAgendaViewer.php?view_id=3&event_id=2810


OF PARTICULAR INTEREST: 

10:20am (approx): 

R.2a

BUDGET MODIFICATION # JOHS-005-22: Appropriating $33,795,868 in the Joint Office of Homeless Services for midyear Emergency Investments in Emergency Shelter and Expanding Homeless Services. Presenters: Marc Jolin, Director of Joint Office of Homeless Services & Adam Brown, Business Services Manager. (15 min)


10:50am (approx): 

R.3

BUDGET MODIFICATION # JOHS-006-22: Appropriating $500,000 for the Emergency Shelter RFPQ program in the Joint Office of Homeless Services for midyear Emergency Investments. Presenters: Marc Jolin, Director of Joint Office of Homeless Services & Adam Brown, Business Services Manager. (10 min)




-------------

III.

AGENDA - 10:00 a.m.


FY 2022 BIT Rebalance - Board Vote

R.1

BUDGET MODIFICATION # NOND-003-22: Increasing the Business Income Tax (BIT) by $30,401,964 to support a mid-year rebalance to make FY 2022 Emergency Investments. Presenter: Christian Elkin, Budget Director; Kimberly Melton, Chief of Staff, Chair’s Office; Serena Cruz, Chief Operating Officer; Leslee Barnes, Preschool and Early Learning Division, DCHS. (20 min)


R.1 Budmod-NOND-003-22


R.2a

BUDGET MODIFICATION # JOHS-005-22: Appropriating $33,795,868 in the Joint Office of Homeless Services for midyear Emergency Investments in Emergency Shelter and Expanding Homeless Services. Presenters: Marc Jolin, Director of Joint Office of Homeless Services & Adam Brown, Business Services Manager. (15 min)


R.2A Budmod-JOHS-005-22 APR & ExpRevFTE


R.2b

BUDGET MODIFICATION # HD-038-22: Appropriation of $2.9 million of One-Time-Only Business Income Tax General Fund for BH and PH. Presenters: Julie Dodge, Interim Director, Behavioral Health Jessica Guernsey, Director, Public Health. (15 min)


R.2B Budmod-HD-038


R.3

BUDGET MODIFICATION # JOHS-006-22: Appropriating $500,000 for the Emergency Shelter RFPQ program in the Joint Office of Homeless Services for midyear Emergency Investments. Presenters: Marc Jolin, Director of Joint Office of Homeless Services & Adam Brown, Business Services Manager. (10 min)


R.3 Budmod-JOHS-006-22 APR & ExpRevFTE


R.4

BUDGET MODIFICATION # MCSO-002-22: BIT Emergency Investments Gun Violence Reduction. Presenter: Nicole Morrisey O’Donnell, Undersheriff. (10 min)


R.4 BudMod-MCSO-002


R.5

BUDGET MODIFICATION # NOND-004-22: Appropriating $400,000 for the Local Public Safety Coordinating Council’s Transforming Justice Initiative. Presenters: Abbey Stamp, Executive Director, Local Public Safety Coordinating Council. (10 min)


R.5 Budmod-NOND-004-22


IV.

BOARD COMMENT - 11:20 a.m.

BC.1

Opportunity as time allows, for the Commissioners to provide comment on non-agenda items.

V.

ADJOURNMENT - 11:25 a.m.




--
Tim McCormick
Housing Alternatives Network
+1 503.334.1894. Zoom personal room.
Director Oregon Cooperative Housing Network, Editor at HousingWiki,
Organizer at Village Collaborative


FW: WeShinePDX hopes to bring micro-villages for homeless to all Portland neighborhoods"

Tim McCormick
 

"Group hopes to bring micro-villages for homeless to all Portland neighborhoods." 
by Angelica Thornton, KATU, Nov 2nd 2021
Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 2.47.14 PM.png
[this group and project sought funding this year from City and County homelessness funding program, with support from County Commissioner Sharon Meieran, but was denied, as article discusses.
See WeShinePDX's November newsletter, describing many activities, asks, and ways you can help. Note, WeShinePDX started as a sponsored project of Northeast Coalition of Neighborhoods, like my new group Housing Alternatives Network, through which I support this and other projects/work. -tm]. 
Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 2.47.43 PM.png
"PORTLAND, Ore. — Homeless villages in every Portland neighborhood; sounds like something that would never fly, right? But wait until you hear the pitch. The idea is winning people over, but the non-profit behind it needs help making it happen.

"Spend just a little bit of time with Jan McManus, and you'll see, she cares deeply about her community. Not just her neighbors in houses, but the ones who live in tents a few blocks away at Laurelhurst Park. The retired social worker has had a front-row seat to this worsening humanitarian crisis for two years now.

"'I feel so bad for the neighbors, but I also feel so so bad for the people trying to survive out there and having so few options,' said McManus.

"She felt bad, so she did something. She set up meetings. Not just with people in Laurelhurst, but from all over the city, with social workers, addiction nurses, urban planners, and people who've experienced homelessness themselves."
[...]

B/cc: 
Angelica Thornton, KATA - athornton@...
Jan McManus, WeShinePDX - janettmcmanus@...
Sharon Meieran, Mult. Co. Commissioner - district1@...
Village Collaborative national Facebook group
--
Tim McCormick
Housing Alternatives Network
+1 503.334.1894. Zoom personal room.
Director Oregon Cooperative Housing Network, Editor at HousingWiki,
Organizer at Village Collaborative


Re: TODAY 3-5pm, A Home For Everyone, Coordinating Board mtg - watch &/or testify

Jeff Liddicoat
 

What I don’t understand is why rather than sweeping all people they can’t just enforce existing laws and cite those actually guilty of offensive littering or public deification.  And even if temporary, the addition of outdoor toilets in high camping areas wouldn’t hurt.
Of course sweeps aren’t really about solving any of the specific problems associated with camping. Instead it’s just a broad crush stroke
of harassment and dispersal. Obviously merely pushing the problem to another part of town is meaningless. Indeed, when there is no discernment between law abiding respectful campers and those who make these messes - eventually people can’t help but wonder why they should try to keep their camps clean and their waste disposal practices proper if no matter what all that happens is they get swept and swept again.
Sweeps are not only unfair they are a threat to the health and even the survival of our neighbors who house themselves outside.

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021 at 3:02 PM John Elizalde <john_elizalde@...> wrote:
worse than sweeps?  The city rousted 4 tents from between 11th and 12th on SW Taylor recently.  They did so by installing 14 bike racks!  Yes, 14 in the western 1/2 of the block.  There was no legitimate reason for sweeping so the city found that bicyclists were clamoring for 14 new parking spaces across from First Baptist church.  Crazy! And inhumane.

 Backstory?  The shop owner at the corner of 11/Taylor had legitimate complaints about people soiling her building doorway and otherwise making her customers uncomfortable.  She raised hell and got a response.  14 bike racks. 

John Elizalde
503 740 9810


Re: TODAY 3-5pm, A Home For Everyone, Coordinating Board mtg - watch &/or testify

John Elizalde
 

worse than sweeps?  The city rousted 4 tents from between 11th and 12th on SW Taylor recently.  They did so by installing 14 bike racks!  Yes, 14 in the western 1/2 of the block.  There was no legitimate reason for sweeping so the city found that bicyclists were clamoring for 14 new parking spaces across from First Baptist church.  Crazy! And inhumane.

 Backstory?  The shop owner at the corner of 11/Taylor had legitimate complaints about people soiling her building doorway and otherwise making her customers uncomfortable.  She raised hell and got a response.  14 bike racks. 

John Elizalde
503 740 9810


Register NOW to testify at Weds 2pm city Fall BMP (budget revision) hearing

Tim McCormick
 

Want to speak up about City of Portland budget priorities, in a relatively listened-to and visible public forum?

You can register NOW to testify at the sole Fall BMP (budget revision) public hearing, this Weds Nov 10th at 2pm. It just opened, the slots are [ostensibly] first-come, first-served, and they'll likely all get reserved well before the hearing. 

Go to:
https://www.portland.gov/council/agenda, then scroll down to Weds 2pm section, click Wednesday Afternoon Registration. 

You can also provide written testimony at:

To increase impact, you can mention you're part of PDX Shelter Forum, or other group(s) you support. If you'd like any help/discussion on how to prepare and what you might say, you are welcome to post to this group or contact me.

CAVEAT
Indications are, Mayor Wheeler and allies on the Council (here, likely at least Commissioners Dan Ryan and Mingus Mapps) may likely have already secured a voting majority for what they proposed this week (see Background below) and so the hearings will not alter the outcome. 

This is often true of public hearings and meetings, so in a sense they participation theatre, and diversion. However, you can still look at them as of use in signalling, and in stage-setting for future decisions, etc.

BACKGROUND



--
--
Tim McCormick
Housing Alternatives Network
+1 503.334.1894. Zoom personal room.
Director Oregon Cooperative Housing Network, Editor at HousingWiki,
Organizer at Village Collaborative


Re: TODAY 3-5pm, A Home For Everyone, Coordinating Board mtg - watch &/or testify

Jayme Delson
 

This has been standard procedure for the last 40 years, no doubt more.

Unless we can generate some widespread collaboration, spearheading participant driven, uplifting, permanent living, and dare i say livelihood opportunities for an increasing majority, and especially the most in need, such as people with no home at all, i sadly see little evidence  for change.
If we can spearhead such a quest, i see gov and the private sector then providing the no skin off their back help, that they can offer, and we could use well.  

On 11/4/2021 2:24 PM, Tim McCormick wrote:

Exactly, Joseph. There's a huge windfall of funding, and it's being directed exclusively to new street outreach particularly cleanup/clearance, and congregate shelter that we know much of unhoused population won't go to. While still NOT creating safe, legal places sufficient for everyone to be, non-criminalized. 

Thousands of Portland's most needy and marginalized people continue to live in daily fear, denied the most basic rights of security and space, while huge spending goes to new salaries and contracts to the sector managing it.  

Meanwhile, the houseless and wide swathes of allied community are eager and ready to work on, and are working on, more self-determining, self-governed "spaces of hope", places of regeneration -- how are the city & county priorities/policies helping this? 

I testified to these points at A Home For Everyone, Coordinating Council, yesterday: 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FCoRD4Jc0EJN1ttgHSW7yNIU70EUUGl7/view?usp=sharing
including raising the question of how this direction could meet muster with Boise v. Martin court ruling and new Oregon law HB 3115 which will soon make city laws widely challengeable if they enable camp clearances in the absence of sufficient alternative legal places to be. 


** CITY COUNCIL BUDGET WORK SESSION - 2PM TODAY **

Today at 2pm, the Portland City Council will be holding a vitally important work session around the Fall Budget Monitoring Process (Fall BMP) to discuss how we should spend one time funds available to address top priorities like safety and houselessness. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONfzDBMgAOs.

As usual and increasingly so with public meetings, there is no public chat or means of peer-to-peer contact/visibility. 

SUGGESTION, for this and other public meetings: use social media especially Twitter and use HASHTAG #pdxmtg (following the practice widely & helpfully used in Oakland & Berkeley, with #oakmtg and #berkmtg). 

RIGHT NOW Joann Hardesty is critiquing the budget plan on homelessness.

--
Tim McCormick
Housing Alternatives Network
+1 503.334.1894. Zoom personal room.
Director Oregon Cooperative Housing Network, Editor at HousingWiki,
Organizer at Village Collaborative


On Thu, Nov 4, 2021 at 12:30 PM Joseph Purkey <jpurkey@...> wrote:
I wish they would stop wasting money on sweeps until people actually have somewhere better to go. That continues to feel like throwing money away to make lives more difficult when people are already clearly struggling.

Joseph Purkey, Principal
Convergence Architecture
Pronouns: he/him/his
7302 N Richmond Ave | Portland, OR 97203
tel. 503.308.1028, ext. 102 
| cell 503.752.8349
www.convergencearch.com



On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 1:22 PM Tim McCormick <tmccormick@...> wrote:
JOINING 
from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device:
 Please click this URL to join. https://multco-us.zoom.us/j/97107196140?pwd=b3VPSkpxT3A5V0xKcU03V1pnVnFLdz09
 Passcode: AHFECB21!

Or One tap mobile:
 +12532158782,,97107196140#,,,,*140791598#  

Or join by phone:
 US: +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 9128 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 558 8656
 Webinar ID: 971 0719 6140
 Passcode: 140791598

AGENDA - NOV 3

Time |  Agenda Item | Presenter | Action 
5 min Welcome - Board Co-Chairs - Informational 
10 min Introductions All - Informational 
10 min Open for Public Comment: Up to five people, two minute limit per person. All - Discussion 
20 min Governance Presentation - Marc/Josh - Informational 
40 min Governance Discussion - Marc/Josh - Discussion 
30 min Budget Feedback - Josh/Marc - Informational/ Discussion 
5 min Additional Public Comment All - Discussion 
5 min General Updates & Announcements - All - Informational

Budget materials for meeting aren't [yet] posted, but here's some media coverage for overview: 
Basically, $38M of new city/county spending on homelessness, Mayor Wheeler and Chair Kafoury are proposing a joint spending plan that is primarily street outreach and cleanup services, and congregate shelter. 


---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Google Calendar <calendar-notification@...>
Date: Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 12:59 PM
Subject: Notification: Weds 3-5pm: A Home For Everyone - Coordinating Board @ Wed Nov 3, 2021 3pm - 5pm (PDT) (PDX Shelter Forum)
To: Portland Shelter Forum <pdxshelterforum@...>

Weds 3-5pm: A Home For Everyone - Coordinating Board

When
Wed Nov 3, 2021 3pm – 5pm Pacific Time - Los Angeles
Where
get Zoom link at http://ahomeforeveryone.net/coordinating-board -> mtg date -> "meeting aenda" (map)
Calendar
PDX Shelter Forum
Who
(Guest list has been hidden at organizer's request)
HOW TO CONNECT:  use Zoom link 1) go to http://ahomeforeveryone.net/coordinating-board 2) scroll down to "Meeting Materials" 3) under current meeting date, click on "meeting agenda"  4) click on underlined link in text: "Follow this link to view the meeting as a member of the public from your computer or the Zoom mobile app."  April 7 agenda:  https://static1.squarespace.com/static/566631e8c21b864679fff4de/t/6065f656abf34c7826ecd3c5/1617294935519/CB_Agenda_20210407.pdf. HOW TO GIVE PUBLIC COMMENT Starting with the April 7 meeting, "Members of the public will not be able to participate directly outside of public comments, but will be able to hear and see meeting participants and shared materials. The meeting will be accessible 15 minutes prior to the start time. "Attendees may submit comment in writing to AHFE@... to be read aloud by Joint Office Staff, or provide their comment verbally. Time allotted for public comments is up to five people, two minute limit per person. An additional period for public comment has been added at the end of the agenda."  [formerly, public participants could use the Zoom chat channel to comment, ask questions, discuss, or add notes. For spoken Public Comment, it is not quite clear how speaking slots are now requested or assigned - try emailing AHFE@...?].  BACKGROUND A Home For Everyone is Multnomah County's homelessness policy coordinating body and Federally-recognized Continuum of Care. See: http://ahomeforeveryone.net/. It has a Coordinating board that reports to a smaller Executive Board.  See http://ahomeforeveryone.net/coordinating-board for Board members, Agendas, meeting materials (posted some time before meeting, like day of), recordings (posted usually within week after meeting) 

------------------------- this is an event listing from PDX Shelter Forum events calendar. You can view or subscribe to this calendar: 

Going (pdxshelterforum@...)?   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this email at the account pdxshelterforum@... because you set a notification for this event on the calendar PDX Shelter Forum.

You can change your notifications for specific events in the event details page in https://calendar.google.com/calendar/.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to send a response to the organizer and be added to the guest list, or invite others regardless of their own invitation status, or to modify your RSVP. Learn More.



--
Tim McCormick
Housing Alternatives Network
+1 503.334.1894. Zoom personal room.
Director Oregon Cooperative Housing Network, Editor at HousingWiki,
Organizer at Village Collaborative


Re: TODAY 3-5pm, A Home For Everyone, Coordinating Board mtg - watch &/or testify

Tim McCormick
 

sorry meant to say "new funding [is]...directed almost exclusively to new street outreach and congregate shelter" -- there is some funding for motels and other things. But definitely not the main thrust of it. 

But, TUNE IN to City Council Work Session right now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONfzDBMgAOs
RIGHT NOW Joann Hardesty is hammering on the budget plan on homelessness, clearly skeptical.

--
Tim McCormick
Housing Alternatives Network
+1 503.334.1894. Zoom personal room.
Director Oregon Cooperative Housing Network, Editor at HousingWiki,
Organizer at Village Collaborative


On Thu, Nov 4, 2021 at 2:25 PM Tim McCormick via groups.io <tmccormick=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Exactly, Joseph. There's a huge windfall of funding, and it's being directed exclusively to new street outreach particularly cleanup/clearance, and congregate shelter that we know much of unhoused population won't go to. While still NOT creating safe, legal places sufficient for everyone to be, non-criminalized. 

Thousands of Portland's most needy and marginalized people continue to live in daily fear, denied the most basic rights of security and space, while huge spending goes to new salaries and contracts to the sector managing it.  

Meanwhile, the houseless and wide swathes of allied community are eager and ready to work on, and are working on, more self-determining, self-governed "spaces of hope", places of regeneration -- how are the city & county priorities/policies helping this? 

I testified to these points at A Home For Everyone, Coordinating Council, yesterday: 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FCoRD4Jc0EJN1ttgHSW7yNIU70EUUGl7/view?usp=sharing
including raising the question of how this direction could meet muster with Boise v. Martin court ruling and new Oregon law HB 3115 which will soon make city laws widely challengeable if they enable camp clearances in the absence of sufficient alternative legal places to be. 


** CITY COUNCIL BUDGET WORK SESSION - 2PM TODAY **

Today at 2pm, the Portland City Council will be holding a vitally important work session around the Fall Budget Monitoring Process (Fall BMP) to discuss how we should spend one time funds available to address top priorities like safety and houselessness. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONfzDBMgAOs.

As usual and increasingly so with public meetings, there is no public chat or means of peer-to-peer contact/visibility. 

SUGGESTION, for this and other public meetings: use social media especially Twitter and use HASHTAG #pdxmtg (following the practice widely & helpfully used in Oakland & Berkeley, with #oakmtg and #berkmtg). 

RIGHT NOW Joann Hardesty is critiquing the budget plan on homelessness.

--
Tim McCormick
Housing Alternatives Network
+1 503.334.1894. Zoom personal room.
Director Oregon Cooperative Housing Network, Editor at HousingWiki,
Organizer at Village Collaborative


On Thu, Nov 4, 2021 at 12:30 PM Joseph Purkey <jpurkey@...> wrote:
I wish they would stop wasting money on sweeps until people actually have somewhere better to go. That continues to feel like throwing money away to make lives more difficult when people are already clearly struggling.

Joseph Purkey, Principal
Convergence Architecture
Pronouns: he/him/his
7302 N Richmond Ave | Portland, OR 97203
tel. 503.308.1028, ext. 102 
| cell 503.752.8349
www.convergencearch.com



On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 1:22 PM Tim McCormick <tmccormick@...> wrote:
JOINING 
from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device:
 Please click this URL to join. https://multco-us.zoom.us/j/97107196140?pwd=b3VPSkpxT3A5V0xKcU03V1pnVnFLdz09
 Passcode: AHFECB21!

Or One tap mobile:
 +12532158782,,97107196140#,,,,*140791598#  

Or join by phone:
 US: +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 9128 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 558 8656
 Webinar ID: 971 0719 6140
 Passcode: 140791598

AGENDA - NOV 3

Time |  Agenda Item | Presenter | Action 
5 min Welcome - Board Co-Chairs - Informational 
10 min Introductions All - Informational 
10 min Open for Public Comment: Up to five people, two minute limit per person. All - Discussion 
20 min Governance Presentation - Marc/Josh - Informational 
40 min Governance Discussion - Marc/Josh - Discussion 
30 min Budget Feedback - Josh/Marc - Informational/ Discussion 
5 min Additional Public Comment All - Discussion 
5 min General Updates & Announcements - All - Informational

Budget materials for meeting aren't [yet] posted, but here's some media coverage for overview: 
Basically, $38M of new city/county spending on homelessness, Mayor Wheeler and Chair Kafoury are proposing a joint spending plan that is primarily street outreach and cleanup services, and congregate shelter. 


---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Google Calendar <calendar-notification@...>
Date: Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 12:59 PM
Subject: Notification: Weds 3-5pm: A Home For Everyone - Coordinating Board @ Wed Nov 3, 2021 3pm - 5pm (PDT) (PDX Shelter Forum)
To: Portland Shelter Forum <pdxshelterforum@...>

Weds 3-5pm: A Home For Everyone - Coordinating Board

When
Wed Nov 3, 2021 3pm – 5pm Pacific Time - Los Angeles
Where
get Zoom link at http://ahomeforeveryone.net/coordinating-board -> mtg date -> "meeting aenda" (map)
Calendar
PDX Shelter Forum
Who
(Guest list has been hidden at organizer's request)
HOW TO CONNECT:  use Zoom link
1) go to http://ahomeforeveryone.net/coordinating-board
2) scroll down to "Meeting Materials"
3) under current meeting date, click on "meeting agenda" 
4) click on underlined link in text: "Follow this link to view the meeting as a member of the public from your computer or the Zoom mobile app." 

April 7 agenda: 
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/566631e8c21b864679fff4de/t/6065f656abf34c7826ecd3c5/1617294935519/CB_Agenda_20210407.pdf.

HOW TO GIVE PUBLIC COMMENT
Starting with the April 7 meeting, "Members of the public will not be able to participate directly outside of public comments, but will be able to hear and see meeting participants and shared materials. The meeting will be accessible 15 minutes prior to the start time.

"Attendees may submit comment in writing to AHFE@... to be read aloud by Joint Office Staff, or provide their comment verbally. Time allotted for public comments is up to five people, two minute limit per person. An additional period for public comment has been added at the end of the agenda." 

[formerly, public participants could use the Zoom chat channel to comment, ask questions, discuss, or add notes. For spoken Public Comment, it is not quite clear how speaking slots are now requested or assigned - try emailing AHFE@...?]. 

BACKGROUND
A Home For Everyone is Multnomah County's homelessness policy coordinating body and Federally-recognized Continuum of Care. See: http://ahomeforeveryone.net/. It has a Coordinating board that reports to a smaller Executive Board. 

See http://ahomeforeveryone.net/coordinating-board for Board members, Agendas, meeting materials (posted some time before meeting, like day of), recordings (posted usually within week after meeting) 

-------------------------
this is an event listing from PDX Shelter Forum events calendar. You can view or subscribe to this calendar: 

Going (pdxshelterforum@...)?   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this email at the account pdxshelterforum@... because you set a notification for this event on the calendar PDX Shelter Forum.

You can change your notifications for specific events in the event details page in https://calendar.google.com/calendar/.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to send a response to the organizer and be added to the guest list, or invite others regardless of their own invitation status, or to modify your RSVP. Learn More.



--
Tim McCormick
Housing Alternatives Network
+1 503.334.1894. Zoom personal room.
Director Oregon Cooperative Housing Network, Editor at HousingWiki,
Organizer at Village Collaborative


Re: TODAY 3-5pm, A Home For Everyone, Coordinating Board mtg - watch &/or testify

Tim McCormick
 

Exactly, Joseph. There's a huge windfall of funding, and it's being directed exclusively to new street outreach particularly cleanup/clearance, and congregate shelter that we know much of unhoused population won't go to. While still NOT creating safe, legal places sufficient for everyone to be, non-criminalized. 

Thousands of Portland's most needy and marginalized people continue to live in daily fear, denied the most basic rights of security and space, while huge spending goes to new salaries and contracts to the sector managing it.  

Meanwhile, the houseless and wide swathes of allied community are eager and ready to work on, and are working on, more self-determining, self-governed "spaces of hope", places of regeneration -- how are the city & county priorities/policies helping this? 

I testified to these points at A Home For Everyone, Coordinating Council, yesterday: 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FCoRD4Jc0EJN1ttgHSW7yNIU70EUUGl7/view?usp=sharing
including raising the question of how this direction could meet muster with Boise v. Martin court ruling and new Oregon law HB 3115 which will soon make city laws widely challengeable if they enable camp clearances in the absence of sufficient alternative legal places to be. 


** CITY COUNCIL BUDGET WORK SESSION - 2PM TODAY **

Today at 2pm, the Portland City Council will be holding a vitally important work session around the Fall Budget Monitoring Process (Fall BMP) to discuss how we should spend one time funds available to address top priorities like safety and houselessness. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONfzDBMgAOs.

As usual and increasingly so with public meetings, there is no public chat or means of peer-to-peer contact/visibility. 

SUGGESTION, for this and other public meetings: use social media especially Twitter and use HASHTAG #pdxmtg (following the practice widely & helpfully used in Oakland & Berkeley, with #oakmtg and #berkmtg). 

RIGHT NOW Joann Hardesty is critiquing the budget plan on homelessness.

--
Tim McCormick
Housing Alternatives Network
+1 503.334.1894. Zoom personal room.
Director Oregon Cooperative Housing Network, Editor at HousingWiki,
Organizer at Village Collaborative


On Thu, Nov 4, 2021 at 12:30 PM Joseph Purkey <jpurkey@...> wrote:
I wish they would stop wasting money on sweeps until people actually have somewhere better to go. That continues to feel like throwing money away to make lives more difficult when people are already clearly struggling.

Joseph Purkey, Principal
Convergence Architecture
Pronouns: he/him/his
7302 N Richmond Ave | Portland, OR 97203
tel. 503.308.1028, ext. 102 
| cell 503.752.8349
www.convergencearch.com



On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 1:22 PM Tim McCormick <tmccormick@...> wrote:
JOINING 
from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device:
 Please click this URL to join. https://multco-us.zoom.us/j/97107196140?pwd=b3VPSkpxT3A5V0xKcU03V1pnVnFLdz09
 Passcode: AHFECB21!

Or One tap mobile:
 +12532158782,,97107196140#,,,,*140791598#  

Or join by phone:
 US: +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 9128 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 558 8656
 Webinar ID: 971 0719 6140
 Passcode: 140791598

AGENDA - NOV 3

Time |  Agenda Item | Presenter | Action 
5 min Welcome - Board Co-Chairs - Informational 
10 min Introductions All - Informational 
10 min Open for Public Comment: Up to five people, two minute limit per person. All - Discussion 
20 min Governance Presentation - Marc/Josh - Informational 
40 min Governance Discussion - Marc/Josh - Discussion 
30 min Budget Feedback - Josh/Marc - Informational/ Discussion 
5 min Additional Public Comment All - Discussion 
5 min General Updates & Announcements - All - Informational

Budget materials for meeting aren't [yet] posted, but here's some media coverage for overview: 
Basically, $38M of new city/county spending on homelessness, Mayor Wheeler and Chair Kafoury are proposing a joint spending plan that is primarily street outreach and cleanup services, and congregate shelter. 


---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Google Calendar <calendar-notification@...>
Date: Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 12:59 PM
Subject: Notification: Weds 3-5pm: A Home For Everyone - Coordinating Board @ Wed Nov 3, 2021 3pm - 5pm (PDT) (PDX Shelter Forum)
To: Portland Shelter Forum <pdxshelterforum@...>

Weds 3-5pm: A Home For Everyone - Coordinating Board

When
Wed Nov 3, 2021 3pm – 5pm Pacific Time - Los Angeles
Where
get Zoom link at http://ahomeforeveryone.net/coordinating-board -> mtg date -> "meeting aenda" (map)
Calendar
PDX Shelter Forum
Who
(Guest list has been hidden at organizer's request)
HOW TO CONNECT:  use Zoom link
1) go to http://ahomeforeveryone.net/coordinating-board
2) scroll down to "Meeting Materials"
3) under current meeting date, click on "meeting agenda" 
4) click on underlined link in text: "Follow this link to view the meeting as a member of the public from your computer or the Zoom mobile app." 

April 7 agenda: 
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/566631e8c21b864679fff4de/t/6065f656abf34c7826ecd3c5/1617294935519/CB_Agenda_20210407.pdf.

HOW TO GIVE PUBLIC COMMENT
Starting with the April 7 meeting, "Members of the public will not be able to participate directly outside of public comments, but will be able to hear and see meeting participants and shared materials. The meeting will be accessible 15 minutes prior to the start time.

"Attendees may submit comment in writing to AHFE@... to be read aloud by Joint Office Staff, or provide their comment verbally. Time allotted for public comments is up to five people, two minute limit per person. An additional period for public comment has been added at the end of the agenda." 

[formerly, public participants could use the Zoom chat channel to comment, ask questions, discuss, or add notes. For spoken Public Comment, it is not quite clear how speaking slots are now requested or assigned - try emailing AHFE@...?]. 

BACKGROUND
A Home For Everyone is Multnomah County's homelessness policy coordinating body and Federally-recognized Continuum of Care. See: http://ahomeforeveryone.net/. It has a Coordinating board that reports to a smaller Executive Board. 

See http://ahomeforeveryone.net/coordinating-board for Board members, Agendas, meeting materials (posted some time before meeting, like day of), recordings (posted usually within week after meeting) 

-------------------------
this is an event listing from PDX Shelter Forum events calendar. You can view or subscribe to this calendar: 

Going (pdxshelterforum@...)?   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this email at the account pdxshelterforum@... because you set a notification for this event on the calendar PDX Shelter Forum.

You can change your notifications for specific events in the event details page in https://calendar.google.com/calendar/.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to send a response to the organizer and be added to the guest list, or invite others regardless of their own invitation status, or to modify your RSVP. Learn More.



--
Tim McCormick
Housing Alternatives Network
+1 503.334.1894. Zoom personal room.
Director Oregon Cooperative Housing Network, Editor at HousingWiki,
Organizer at Village Collaborative


Re: TODAY 3-5pm, A Home For Everyone, Coordinating Board mtg - watch &/or testify

Joseph Purkey
 

I wish they would stop wasting money on sweeps until people actually have somewhere better to go. That continues to feel like throwing money away to make lives more difficult when people are already clearly struggling.

Joseph Purkey, Principal
Convergence Architecture
Pronouns: he/him/his
7302 N Richmond Ave | Portland, OR 97203
tel. 503.308.1028, ext. 102 
| cell 503.752.8349
www.convergencearch.com



On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 1:22 PM Tim McCormick <tmccormick@...> wrote:
JOINING 
from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device:
 Please click this URL to join. https://multco-us.zoom.us/j/97107196140?pwd=b3VPSkpxT3A5V0xKcU03V1pnVnFLdz09
 Passcode: AHFECB21!

Or One tap mobile:
 +12532158782,,97107196140#,,,,*140791598#  

Or join by phone:
 US: +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 9128 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 558 8656
 Webinar ID: 971 0719 6140
 Passcode: 140791598

AGENDA - NOV 3

Time |  Agenda Item | Presenter | Action 
5 min Welcome - Board Co-Chairs - Informational 
10 min Introductions All - Informational 
10 min Open for Public Comment: Up to five people, two minute limit per person. All - Discussion 
20 min Governance Presentation - Marc/Josh - Informational 
40 min Governance Discussion - Marc/Josh - Discussion 
30 min Budget Feedback - Josh/Marc - Informational/ Discussion 
5 min Additional Public Comment All - Discussion 
5 min General Updates & Announcements - All - Informational

Budget materials for meeting aren't [yet] posted, but here's some media coverage for overview: 
Basically, $38M of new city/county spending on homelessness, Mayor Wheeler and Chair Kafoury are proposing a joint spending plan that is primarily street outreach and cleanup services, and congregate shelter. 


---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Google Calendar <calendar-notification@...>
Date: Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 12:59 PM
Subject: Notification: Weds 3-5pm: A Home For Everyone - Coordinating Board @ Wed Nov 3, 2021 3pm - 5pm (PDT) (PDX Shelter Forum)
To: Portland Shelter Forum <pdxshelterforum@...>

Weds 3-5pm: A Home For Everyone - Coordinating Board

When
Wed Nov 3, 2021 3pm – 5pm Pacific Time - Los Angeles
Where
get Zoom link at http://ahomeforeveryone.net/coordinating-board -> mtg date -> "meeting aenda" (map)
Calendar
PDX Shelter Forum
Who
(Guest list has been hidden at organizer's request)
HOW TO CONNECT:  use Zoom link
1) go to http://ahomeforeveryone.net/coordinating-board
2) scroll down to "Meeting Materials"
3) under current meeting date, click on "meeting agenda" 
4) click on underlined link in text: "Follow this link to view the meeting as a member of the public from your computer or the Zoom mobile app." 

April 7 agenda: 
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/566631e8c21b864679fff4de/t/6065f656abf34c7826ecd3c5/1617294935519/CB_Agenda_20210407.pdf.

HOW TO GIVE PUBLIC COMMENT
Starting with the April 7 meeting, "Members of the public will not be able to participate directly outside of public comments, but will be able to hear and see meeting participants and shared materials. The meeting will be accessible 15 minutes prior to the start time.

"Attendees may submit comment in writing to AHFE@... to be read aloud by Joint Office Staff, or provide their comment verbally. Time allotted for public comments is up to five people, two minute limit per person. An additional period for public comment has been added at the end of the agenda." 

[formerly, public participants could use the Zoom chat channel to comment, ask questions, discuss, or add notes. For spoken Public Comment, it is not quite clear how speaking slots are now requested or assigned - try emailing AHFE@...?]. 

BACKGROUND
A Home For Everyone is Multnomah County's homelessness policy coordinating body and Federally-recognized Continuum of Care. See: http://ahomeforeveryone.net/. It has a Coordinating board that reports to a smaller Executive Board. 

See http://ahomeforeveryone.net/coordinating-board for Board members, Agendas, meeting materials (posted some time before meeting, like day of), recordings (posted usually within week after meeting) 

-------------------------
this is an event listing from PDX Shelter Forum events calendar. You can view or subscribe to this calendar: 

Going (pdxshelterforum@...)?   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this email at the account pdxshelterforum@... because you set a notification for this event on the calendar PDX Shelter Forum.

You can change your notifications for specific events in the event details page in https://calendar.google.com/calendar/.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to send a response to the organizer and be added to the guest list, or invite others regardless of their own invitation status, or to modify your RSVP. Learn More.



--
Tim McCormick
Housing Alternatives Network
+1 503.334.1894. Zoom personal room.
Director Oregon Cooperative Housing Network, Editor at HousingWiki,
Organizer at Village Collaborative


TODAY 3-5pm, A Home For Everyone, Coordinating Board mtg - watch &/or testify

Tim McCormick
 

JOINING 
from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device:
 Please click this URL to join. https://multco-us.zoom.us/j/97107196140?pwd=b3VPSkpxT3A5V0xKcU03V1pnVnFLdz09
 Passcode: AHFECB21!

Or One tap mobile:
 +12532158782,,97107196140#,,,,*140791598#  

Or join by phone:
 US: +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 9128 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 558 8656
 Webinar ID: 971 0719 6140
 Passcode: 140791598

AGENDA - NOV 3

Time |  Agenda Item | Presenter | Action 
5 min Welcome - Board Co-Chairs - Informational 
10 min Introductions All - Informational 
10 min Open for Public Comment: Up to five people, two minute limit per person. All - Discussion 
20 min Governance Presentation - Marc/Josh - Informational 
40 min Governance Discussion - Marc/Josh - Discussion 
30 min Budget Feedback - Josh/Marc - Informational/ Discussion 
5 min Additional Public Comment All - Discussion 
5 min General Updates & Announcements - All - Informational

Budget materials for meeting aren't [yet] posted, but here's some media coverage for overview: 
Basically, $38M of new city/county spending on homelessness, Mayor Wheeler and Chair Kafoury are proposing a joint spending plan that is primarily street outreach and cleanup services, and congregate shelter. 


---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Google Calendar <calendar-notification@...>
Date: Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 12:59 PM
Subject: Notification: Weds 3-5pm: A Home For Everyone - Coordinating Board @ Wed Nov 3, 2021 3pm - 5pm (PDT) (PDX Shelter Forum)
To: Portland Shelter Forum <pdxshelterforum@...>

Weds 3-5pm: A Home For Everyone - Coordinating Board

When
Wed Nov 3, 2021 3pm – 5pm Pacific Time - Los Angeles
Where
get Zoom link at http://ahomeforeveryone.net/coordinating-board -> mtg date -> "meeting aenda" (map)
Calendar
PDX Shelter Forum
Who
(Guest list has been hidden at organizer's request)
HOW TO CONNECT:  use Zoom link
1) go to http://ahomeforeveryone.net/coordinating-board
2) scroll down to "Meeting Materials"
3) under current meeting date, click on "meeting agenda" 
4) click on underlined link in text: "Follow this link to view the meeting as a member of the public from your computer or the Zoom mobile app." 

April 7 agenda: 
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/566631e8c21b864679fff4de/t/6065f656abf34c7826ecd3c5/1617294935519/CB_Agenda_20210407.pdf.

HOW TO GIVE PUBLIC COMMENT
Starting with the April 7 meeting, "Members of the public will not be able to participate directly outside of public comments, but will be able to hear and see meeting participants and shared materials. The meeting will be accessible 15 minutes prior to the start time.

"Attendees may submit comment in writing to AHFE@... to be read aloud by Joint Office Staff, or provide their comment verbally. Time allotted for public comments is up to five people, two minute limit per person. An additional period for public comment has been added at the end of the agenda." 

[formerly, public participants could use the Zoom chat channel to comment, ask questions, discuss, or add notes. For spoken Public Comment, it is not quite clear how speaking slots are now requested or assigned - try emailing AHFE@...?]. 

BACKGROUND
A Home For Everyone is Multnomah County's homelessness policy coordinating body and Federally-recognized Continuum of Care. See: http://ahomeforeveryone.net/. It has a Coordinating board that reports to a smaller Executive Board. 

See http://ahomeforeveryone.net/coordinating-board for Board members, Agendas, meeting materials (posted some time before meeting, like day of), recordings (posted usually within week after meeting) 

-------------------------
this is an event listing from PDX Shelter Forum events calendar. You can view or subscribe to this calendar: 

Going (pdxshelterforum@...)?   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this email at the account pdxshelterforum@... because you set a notification for this event on the calendar PDX Shelter Forum.

You can change your notifications for specific events in the event details page in https://calendar.google.com/calendar/.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to send a response to the organizer and be added to the guest list, or invite others regardless of their own invitation status, or to modify your RSVP. Learn More.



--
Tim McCormick
Housing Alternatives Network
+1 503.334.1894. Zoom personal room.
Director Oregon Cooperative Housing Network, Editor at HousingWiki,
Organizer at Village Collaborative


Re: People For Portland Town Hall 6-? pm today: Public Safety Solutions

Sue Gemmell
 

I attended. The event seemed very contrived. Maria Smithson implied that all 1000 attendees supported P4P, and the mayor, and more police ... and I am skeptical. Speakers continued to be very light on details. 

My unanswered question: "What would the 300 officers do exactly that would improve safety? Please provide specific details, and illustrate how these activities have proven to reduce crime."

I know, I get hung up on data and evidence.

Sue


--

Sue Gemmell (she/ella)

Online Communities and Knowledge Management

suegemmell.com


People For Portland Town Hall 6-? pm today: Public Safety Solutions

Tim McCormick
 

2021-11-02_People-For-Portland_Town-Hall_public-safety.jpg
Zoom link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/89388846384?pwd=TVExZXdTeUI5WVJLb1VpcG9MbnhHZz09 Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1226765564495541

Google Calendar link: https://calendar.google.com/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=MTBqOWhwa2dsdmw2ajVlaWIxamoxM3NvMDUgdG1jY29ybWlja0Bt&tmsrc=tmccormick%40gmail.com.

Note: end time was not stated by organizers. [-tm]. 

"Rising crime and violence are impacting every neighborhood in Portland. We want to discuss solutions. Please join us for a virtual community town hall to listen, learn, and discuss possible solutions to restoring public safety in Portland. 

"We’ve invited a panel of three experts who each bring first-hand experience to the discussion and we want to hear your concerns and ideas. Our panelists include: 
"Our town hall discussion will focus on the role that police have to play, the role of non-police street response teams, and the role that citizen advocates can play in reforming our public safety and criminal justice systems.

"Join us for this opportunity to learn, listen, and share ideas for restoring peace and safety in the city we love.

"This will be a Zoom town hall and will also be streamed live on Facebook. Please RSVP [on Facebook? -tm] and let us know you're joining!"

-------------------------------------------------------- EMAIL INVITE from People for Portland:

Dear X, Rising crime and violence are impacting every neighborhood in Portland. We want to discuss solutions. Please join us for a virtual community town hall to listen, learn, and discuss possible solutions to restoring public safety in Portland. We’ve invited a panel of three experts who each bring first-hand experience to the discussion and we want to hear your concerns and ideas.

Our town hall discussion will focus on the role that police have to play, the role of non-police street response teams, and the role that citizen advocates can play in reforming our public safety and criminal justice systems. 

Join us for this opportunity to learn, listen, and share ideas for restoring peace and safety in the city we love.

  • WHAT:  People For Portland Public Safety Virtual Town Hall
  • WHEN: Tuesday, November 2nd at 6 PM
  • WHERE:  Zoom and Facebook Live
  • Click HERE for the Zoom link 
  • RSVP: Facebook Event Page. Let us know you’re coming!

Do you have a specific topic or concern you would like to see discussed during this virtual Public Safety Town Hall? Email Maria@...,  [Maria Smithson, Gallatin Public Affairs, in Eugene. -tm] to share a question you would like answered. 

Please join us for this important community discussion! We look forward to seeing you, 

-People for Portland --------------------------------------------------------


--
Tim McCormick
Housing Alternatives Network
+1 503.334.1894. Zoom personal room.
Director Oregon Cooperative Housing Network, Editor at HousingWiki,
Organizer at Village Collaborative

Bcc:
Maria Smithson - PFP / Gallatin Public Affairs
Kevin Looper - PFP / Wheelhouse Northwest 
Dan Lavey - PFP / Gallatin Public Affairs
[note to all: you can reply or post to the full PDX Shelter Forum group if you'd like, by Replying to All to this email, or emailing to pdxshelterforum@groups.io. We invite open discussion between officials, leaders, staff, publics, and especially, those closest to homelessness].


views on Seattle tiny house villages, from Lived Experience Coalition's Harold Odom

Tim McCormick
 

I participated in an interesting online event Thursday: "Stories About Home", featuring five people with lived experience of homelessness, hosted by the Seattle Times's Times Homeless initiative. See story and video at that link.


Of particular interest to me and probably this group were comments by Harold Odom, an eloquent and thoughtful guy who is chair of the Lived Experience Coalition, a unique organization which advises and is part of King County's governance on homelessness issues.

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 1.27.42 PM.png

In the Q&A time, I asked Harold: "can you say more about why you think tiny-home villages should not expand in Seattle, and if there's a different way they might be done that you'd support? or what alternative to pursue instead? (noting: your comments in this story in Publicola.org)."


His reply (at 59:15 - 1:01:15) was interesting and suggested, I thought, a different inclination than the news articles quoting him or the LEC (see their September statement on tiny houses, below) have. He says, "tiny houses, and REACH [support organization https://www.etsreach.org/] saved my life," but his current place is too tight: "I wish I had a bigger place." He notes that he could afford to move to an apartment, but chooses not to as it isn't his focus right now.


Also, earlier in the event, he discusses how when first homeless, he went to REI to read books on self-building, and based on that built himself an informal house "twice the size of a tiny house". This suggests that he understands "tiny house" in the sense promoted by LIHI (and Portland State's HRAC/CPID researchers), of a pod shelter around 10x12 feet. Which is much smaller than most homes called "tiny houses," and the emerging standard meaning of < 400 square feet, as set in the 2018 International Residential Code, Appendix Q.


The Lived Experience Coalition in September had released a statement, I partly quote here: 

"The Washington State Lived Experience Coalition (LEC) has been receiving inquiries regarding our position on tiny homes from both the press and community partners. With colder weather months quickly approaching, we thank community members and advocates for their continued efforts to end homelessness by centering people with lived experience in developing solutions.

"As a coalition representing hundreds of members, many of whom continue to reside in tiny home villages, we must be clear that tiny homes do not end anyone’s experience of homelessness and as currently constituted, they are not meeting the needs of the people staying there. Additionally, Tiny Homes Villages for those experiencing homelessness do not meet federal human habitability standards and are in fact sheds rather than tiny homes. For better or for worse, the many people warehoused there in dehumanizing conditions and lack of services still make it home. This speaks to the strength and resiliency of the human spirit to create a home out of any situation for their loved ones even if that is a car, a tent, or a tiny shed. We must ask ourselves, how does such a system harm the individuals and families living there?

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 3.43.34 PM.png

The stance we take regarding all types of emergency shelter (including tiny homes) is that they must be a place of dignity with fidelity to Housing-First, Harm-Reduction, Trauma-Informed Models and Racial Equity and Social Justice Principles, including:
    • adequate plumbing and electricity,
    • a robust and quality standard of care focused on obtaining permanent housing; and
    • a self-governing and democratic environment where individuals living there are empowered to make decisions about their own lives.
Furthermore, tiny home villages and other temporary emergency responses often distract policymakers and the public from prioritizing and investing in permanent solutions to homelessness [....]

Without adequate funding for evidence-based solutions to homelessness, tiny home villages may become our de-facto community response – warehousing and dehumanizing people into our own entrenched version of shanty towns, favelas, and slums. [...]" 


I believe that this debate shows a common pattern of being diverted by polarization and uncritical or motivated framing. The LEC expresses concerns about Seattle's villages "as currently constituted," and it is widely taken by officials and media as a rejection/critique of 'villages' some general concept or approach. 


At the same time, the LEC focuses on demands like "a self-governing and democratic environment where individuals living there are empowered to make decisions about their own lives," which is clearly not characteristic of much conventional, 'permanent' housing, where buildings / projects typically have little to no self-governance or community control, or shared ownership. Yet the polarization dynamic, and I'd say bias confirmation among many people involved in homelessness, interpret LEC's response as endorsing that conventional, 'permanent' housing. 

As LEC's statement says: We can do better.  Than either of the options given us by the constant reductive, polarized framing. 


below: Seattle Times article/event page: 

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 3.41.36 PM.png


[Background]: Here's an article quoting and discussing Odom, and how the Lived Experience Coalition gained a substantive role in the King County 

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/homeless/a-homelessness-authority-was-supposed-to-get-seattle-and-its-suburbs-on-the-same-page-after-a-slow-year-they-may-be-further-apart/


--
Tim McCormick
Housing Alternatives Network
+1 503.334.1894. Zoom personal room.
Director Oregon Cooperative Housing Network, Editor at HousingWiki,
Organizer at Village Collaborative


Re: join us now, 6pm! organizing meeting for Oregon Cooperative Housing Network

Elise Aymer
 

This is great, in terms of being able to catch up with what's going on! I'm looking forward to viewing the video and other material. Thanks for collecting and sharing these, Tim.

Elise

On Tue, Oct 19, 2021 at 8:17 PM Tim McCormick <tmccormick@...> wrote:
Hi folks,
We had a great organizing meeting this past Thursday for the Oregon Cooperative Housing Network (OCHN, or OR Co-Op), with people from the Portland Small Developers Alliance (PDX SDA), the Portland subchapter of the Congress for the New Urbanism (PDX CNU), and others. 

For anyone who missed it, as well as for attendees who would like access to meeting materials, all materials are at or linked from Orcoop.org, and below: 

Meeting Recordings, chat, transcripts:
  • Video: on YouTube, or on Google Drive/downloadable.
    • [on YouTube, you may want or need to increase the Quality setting. Click on the Settings / cogwheel icon, select Quality, then select 1080p]
  • Audio only recording.
  • Transcripts from Automatic captions and text chat: see at project site Orcoop.org.
Presentations:
Finally, next steps include the formation of an organizing committee; if you or somebody you know is interested in joining this committee to help make this thing happen, please reply or otherwise let us know! We are also approaching existing groups/advocates doing related work. 

Also, please let us know if you’re not quite THAT interested, but still want to be kept up to date on how this thing evolves, and of future opportunities to plug in. We have an open email announcements/discussion list you are welcome to join. 

cheers,
~Tim & Garlynn

--
Tim McCormick
Housing Alternatives Network 
+1 503.334.1894.  Zoom personal room.
Moderator PDX Shelter Forum, Editor at HousingWiki,
Organizer at Village Collaborative


On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 8:35 PM Janice Yaden via groups.io <janiceyaden=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Sorry, I just got this at 8:30 pm.  Maybe you can fill me and others in that missed it.

On Thursday, October 14, 2021, 06:03:45 PM PDT, Tim McCormick <tmccormick@...> wrote:


Hi folks,

We would like to invite you to join us for an organizing meeting for a new Oregon Cooperative Housing Network (OR CO-OP), with representatives from SquareOne Villages and Portland's Park Place co-op, and OR Co-Op organizers Garlynn Woodsong and myself.

When:
Thursday, October 14th

What time:
6-7:30pm

What:
The topic of the meeting will be multi-stakeholder cooperatives for housing and equitable development.

This meeting is not intended to be just a summit or a policy discussion..

Instead, it’s meant to build participation in a federated cooperative and/or local cooperatives within that federation, in order to bring real solutions to market for our housing and inequality crisis.

Why:
We think the time for navel-gazing has passed, and it’s now time for action.

 Over the past two years, a number of us have identified cooperatives as one of the most promising paths forward, and one that has very little current housing market penetration in Oregon, especially within the Portland region. 

For the urbanists and developers especially, this is a critical point: currently, it basically does not pencil to bring a new-construction multifamily rental building to market as a profit-dependent endeavor in most areas of Portland (not to mention most of the balance of the west coast of the United States, and perhaps even more broadly than that); while such a development might pencil as a condominium (for-sale multifamily), the fear of construction defect liability has scared basically the entire local development industry away from this exit strategy.

If you can’t build multifamily to rent, and you can’t built it to sell, then why would you build it? 

Yet, we’ve pinned the future of our region, here in Portland at least, on developing multifamily, essentially, so that we can grow up rather than out (and really, this should be the policy challenge for every city, everywhere).

Cooperatives thus provide a path forward to continue the work towards achieving our regional vision (or the vision for every region), one with multiple co-benefits, including the opportunity of multi-stakeholder cooperatives to provide not just housing, but also economic opportunity with reduced risk.

Where:
We will meet virtually, to reduce barriers to participation, and to allow the meeting to be recorded.
Join the Zoom Meeting here:

https://dpz.zoom.us/j/96921960976?pwd=L0x4UFdtK1FrZmY3eTg4VzRYNUQ2Zz09

Meeting ID: 969 2196 0976
Passcode: 785636

One tap mobile:
+13017158592,,96921960976#,,,,*785636# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,96921960976#,,,,*785636# US (Chicago)


Who:
This email is going / went out to multiple groups:

  • The Portland subchapter of the Cascadia chapter of the Congress for the New Urbanism

  • The Portland Small Developers Alliance

  • Oregon Cooperative Housing Network mailing list

  • PDX Shelter Forum

  • Village Collaborative


It is being cc’d to:

  • The Cascadia chapter of the Congress for the New Urbanism


Agenda:

6pm - 6:15pm: Introductions

6:15 - 6:45pm: Presentations

6:45 - 7:10pm: Breakout/topical discussions (we will decide in-meeting if we choose to break into small groups or remain in one group):

Types of co-ops:

    • Existing (Park Place, C Street, etc)

    • Construction of new physical future

    • Conversion of existing multi family into co-ops

    • Incremental: tiny home villages, etc

7:10 - 7:25pm: Reconvene, group discussion

7:25 - 7:30pm: Wrap-up & next steps

For more information:
Orcoop.org


We look forward to seeing you next Thursday!

Signed,

OCHN co-organizers: 

Tim McCormick
Housing Alternatives Network
https://tmccormick.org

Garlynn Woodsong
Woodsong Associates
https://www.woodsongassociates.com/


--
--
Tim McCormick
+1 503.334.1894.  Zoom personal room.
Moderator PDX Shelter Forum, Editor at HousingWiki,
Organizer at Village Collaborative



--
Elise Aymer
Co-founder, Critical Diversity Solutions
Pronouns: She/her



Re: join us now, 6pm! organizing meeting for Oregon Cooperative Housing Network

Tim McCormick
 

Hi folks,
We had a great organizing meeting this past Thursday for the Oregon Cooperative Housing Network (OCHN, or OR Co-Op), with people from the Portland Small Developers Alliance (PDX SDA), the Portland subchapter of the Congress for the New Urbanism (PDX CNU), and others. 

For anyone who missed it, as well as for attendees who would like access to meeting materials, all materials are at or linked from Orcoop.org, and below: 

Meeting Recordings, chat, transcripts:
  • Video: on YouTube, or on Google Drive/downloadable.
    • [on YouTube, you may want or need to increase the Quality setting. Click on the Settings / cogwheel icon, select Quality, then select 1080p]
  • Audio only recording.
  • Transcripts from Automatic captions and text chat: see at project site Orcoop.org.
Presentations:
Finally, next steps include the formation of an organizing committee; if you or somebody you know is interested in joining this committee to help make this thing happen, please reply or otherwise let us know! We are also approaching existing groups/advocates doing related work. 

Also, please let us know if you’re not quite THAT interested, but still want to be kept up to date on how this thing evolves, and of future opportunities to plug in. We have an open email announcements/discussion list you are welcome to join. 

cheers,
~Tim & Garlynn

--
Tim McCormick
Housing Alternatives Network 
+1 503.334.1894.  Zoom personal room.
Moderator PDX Shelter Forum, Editor at HousingWiki,
Organizer at Village Collaborative


On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 8:35 PM Janice Yaden via groups.io <janiceyaden=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Sorry, I just got this at 8:30 pm.  Maybe you can fill me and others in that missed it.

On Thursday, October 14, 2021, 06:03:45 PM PDT, Tim McCormick <tmccormick@...> wrote:


Hi folks,

We would like to invite you to join us for an organizing meeting for a new Oregon Cooperative Housing Network (OR CO-OP), with representatives from SquareOne Villages and Portland's Park Place co-op, and OR Co-Op organizers Garlynn Woodsong and myself.

When:
Thursday, October 14th

What time:
6-7:30pm

What:
The topic of the meeting will be multi-stakeholder cooperatives for housing and equitable development.

This meeting is not intended to be just a summit or a policy discussion..

Instead, it’s meant to build participation in a federated cooperative and/or local cooperatives within that federation, in order to bring real solutions to market for our housing and inequality crisis.

Why:
We think the time for navel-gazing has passed, and it’s now time for action.

 Over the past two years, a number of us have identified cooperatives as one of the most promising paths forward, and one that has very little current housing market penetration in Oregon, especially within the Portland region. 

For the urbanists and developers especially, this is a critical point: currently, it basically does not pencil to bring a new-construction multifamily rental building to market as a profit-dependent endeavor in most areas of Portland (not to mention most of the balance of the west coast of the United States, and perhaps even more broadly than that); while such a development might pencil as a condominium (for-sale multifamily), the fear of construction defect liability has scared basically the entire local development industry away from this exit strategy.

If you can’t build multifamily to rent, and you can’t built it to sell, then why would you build it? 

Yet, we’ve pinned the future of our region, here in Portland at least, on developing multifamily, essentially, so that we can grow up rather than out (and really, this should be the policy challenge for every city, everywhere).

Cooperatives thus provide a path forward to continue the work towards achieving our regional vision (or the vision for every region), one with multiple co-benefits, including the opportunity of multi-stakeholder cooperatives to provide not just housing, but also economic opportunity with reduced risk.

Where:
We will meet virtually, to reduce barriers to participation, and to allow the meeting to be recorded.
Join the Zoom Meeting here:

https://dpz.zoom.us/j/96921960976?pwd=L0x4UFdtK1FrZmY3eTg4VzRYNUQ2Zz09

Meeting ID: 969 2196 0976
Passcode: 785636

One tap mobile:
+13017158592,,96921960976#,,,,*785636# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,96921960976#,,,,*785636# US (Chicago)


Who:
This email is going / went out to multiple groups:

  • The Portland subchapter of the Cascadia chapter of the Congress for the New Urbanism

  • The Portland Small Developers Alliance

  • Oregon Cooperative Housing Network mailing list

  • PDX Shelter Forum

  • Village Collaborative


It is being cc’d to:

  • The Cascadia chapter of the Congress for the New Urbanism


Agenda:

6pm - 6:15pm: Introductions

6:15 - 6:45pm: Presentations

6:45 - 7:10pm: Breakout/topical discussions (we will decide in-meeting if we choose to break into small groups or remain in one group):

Types of co-ops:

    • Existing (Park Place, C Street, etc)

    • Construction of new physical future

    • Conversion of existing multi family into co-ops

    • Incremental: tiny home villages, etc

7:10 - 7:25pm: Reconvene, group discussion

7:25 - 7:30pm: Wrap-up & next steps

For more information:
Orcoop.org


We look forward to seeing you next Thursday!

Signed,

OCHN co-organizers: 

Tim McCormick
Housing Alternatives Network
https://tmccormick.org

Garlynn Woodsong
Woodsong Associates
https://www.woodsongassociates.com/


--
--
Tim McCormick
+1 503.334.1894.  Zoom personal room.
Moderator PDX Shelter Forum, Editor at HousingWiki,
Organizer at Village Collaborative


Re: join us now, 6pm! organizing meeting for Oregon Cooperative Housing Network

Janice Yaden
 

Sorry, I just got this at 8:30 pm.  Maybe you can fill me and others in that missed it.

On Thursday, October 14, 2021, 06:03:45 PM PDT, Tim McCormick <tmccormick@...> wrote:


Hi folks,

We would like to invite you to join us for an organizing meeting for a new Oregon Cooperative Housing Network (OR CO-OP), with representatives from SquareOne Villages and Portland's Park Place co-op, and OR Co-Op organizers Garlynn Woodsong and myself.

When:
Thursday, October 14th

What time:
6-7:30pm

What:
The topic of the meeting will be multi-stakeholder cooperatives for housing and equitable development.

This meeting is not intended to be just a summit or a policy discussion..

Instead, it’s meant to build participation in a federated cooperative and/or local cooperatives within that federation, in order to bring real solutions to market for our housing and inequality crisis.

Why:
We think the time for navel-gazing has passed, and it’s now time for action.

 Over the past two years, a number of us have identified cooperatives as one of the most promising paths forward, and one that has very little current housing market penetration in Oregon, especially within the Portland region. 

For the urbanists and developers especially, this is a critical point: currently, it basically does not pencil to bring a new-construction multifamily rental building to market as a profit-dependent endeavor in most areas of Portland (not to mention most of the balance of the west coast of the United States, and perhaps even more broadly than that); while such a development might pencil as a condominium (for-sale multifamily), the fear of construction defect liability has scared basically the entire local development industry away from this exit strategy.

If you can’t build multifamily to rent, and you can’t built it to sell, then why would you build it? 

Yet, we’ve pinned the future of our region, here in Portland at least, on developing multifamily, essentially, so that we can grow up rather than out (and really, this should be the policy challenge for every city, everywhere).

Cooperatives thus provide a path forward to continue the work towards achieving our regional vision (or the vision for every region), one with multiple co-benefits, including the opportunity of multi-stakeholder cooperatives to provide not just housing, but also economic opportunity with reduced risk.

Where:
We will meet virtually, to reduce barriers to participation, and to allow the meeting to be recorded.
Join the Zoom Meeting here:

https://dpz.zoom.us/j/96921960976?pwd=L0x4UFdtK1FrZmY3eTg4VzRYNUQ2Zz09

Meeting ID: 969 2196 0976
Passcode: 785636

One tap mobile:
+13017158592,,96921960976#,,,,*785636# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,96921960976#,,,,*785636# US (Chicago)


Who:
This email is going / went out to multiple groups:

  • The Portland subchapter of the Cascadia chapter of the Congress for the New Urbanism

  • The Portland Small Developers Alliance

  • Oregon Cooperative Housing Network mailing list

  • PDX Shelter Forum

  • Village Collaborative


It is being cc’d to:

  • The Cascadia chapter of the Congress for the New Urbanism


Agenda:

6pm - 6:15pm: Introductions

6:15 - 6:45pm: Presentations

6:45 - 7:10pm: Breakout/topical discussions (we will decide in-meeting if we choose to break into small groups or remain in one group):

Types of co-ops:

    • Existing (Park Place, C Street, etc)

    • Construction of new physical future

    • Conversion of existing multi family into co-ops

    • Incremental: tiny home villages, etc

7:10 - 7:25pm: Reconvene, group discussion

7:25 - 7:30pm: Wrap-up & next steps

For more information:
Orcoop.org


We look forward to seeing you next Thursday!

Signed,

OCHN co-organizers: 

Tim McCormick
Housing Alternatives Network
https://tmccormick.org

Garlynn Woodsong
Woodsong Associates
https://www.woodsongassociates.com/


--
--
Tim McCormick
+1 503.334.1894.  Zoom personal room.
Moderator PDX Shelter Forum, Editor at HousingWiki,
Organizer at Village Collaborative


join us now, 6pm! organizing meeting for Oregon Cooperative Housing Network

Tim McCormick
 

Hi folks,

We would like to invite you to join us for an organizing meeting for a new Oregon Cooperative Housing Network (OR CO-OP), with representatives from SquareOne Villages and Portland's Park Place co-op, and OR Co-Op organizers Garlynn Woodsong and myself.

When:
Thursday, October 14th

What time:
6-7:30pm

What:
The topic of the meeting will be multi-stakeholder cooperatives for housing and equitable development.

This meeting is not intended to be just a summit or a policy discussion..

Instead, it’s meant to build participation in a federated cooperative and/or local cooperatives within that federation, in order to bring real solutions to market for our housing and inequality crisis.

Why:
We think the time for navel-gazing has passed, and it’s now time for action.

 Over the past two years, a number of us have identified cooperatives as one of the most promising paths forward, and one that has very little current housing market penetration in Oregon, especially within the Portland region. 

For the urbanists and developers especially, this is a critical point: currently, it basically does not pencil to bring a new-construction multifamily rental building to market as a profit-dependent endeavor in most areas of Portland (not to mention most of the balance of the west coast of the United States, and perhaps even more broadly than that); while such a development might pencil as a condominium (for-sale multifamily), the fear of construction defect liability has scared basically the entire local development industry away from this exit strategy.

If you can’t build multifamily to rent, and you can’t built it to sell, then why would you build it? 

Yet, we’ve pinned the future of our region, here in Portland at least, on developing multifamily, essentially, so that we can grow up rather than out (and really, this should be the policy challenge for every city, everywhere).

Cooperatives thus provide a path forward to continue the work towards achieving our regional vision (or the vision for every region), one with multiple co-benefits, including the opportunity of multi-stakeholder cooperatives to provide not just housing, but also economic opportunity with reduced risk.

Where:
We will meet virtually, to reduce barriers to participation, and to allow the meeting to be recorded.
Join the Zoom Meeting here:

https://dpz.zoom.us/j/96921960976?pwd=L0x4UFdtK1FrZmY3eTg4VzRYNUQ2Zz09

Meeting ID: 969 2196 0976
Passcode: 785636

One tap mobile:
+13017158592,,96921960976#,,,,*785636# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,96921960976#,,,,*785636# US (Chicago)


Who:
This email is going / went out to multiple groups:

  • The Portland subchapter of the Cascadia chapter of the Congress for the New Urbanism

  • The Portland Small Developers Alliance

  • Oregon Cooperative Housing Network mailing list

  • PDX Shelter Forum

  • Village Collaborative


It is being cc’d to:

  • The Cascadia chapter of the Congress for the New Urbanism


Agenda:

6pm - 6:15pm: Introductions

6:15 - 6:45pm: Presentations

6:45 - 7:10pm: Breakout/topical discussions (we will decide in-meeting if we choose to break into small groups or remain in one group):

Types of co-ops:

    • Existing (Park Place, C Street, etc)

    • Construction of new physical future

    • Conversion of existing multi family into co-ops

    • Incremental: tiny home villages, etc

7:10 - 7:25pm: Reconvene, group discussion

7:25 - 7:30pm: Wrap-up & next steps

For more information:
Orcoop.org


We look forward to seeing you next Thursday!

Signed,

OCHN co-organizers: 

Tim McCormick
Housing Alternatives Network
https://tmccormick.org

Garlynn Woodsong
Woodsong Associates
https://www.woodsongassociates.com/


--
--
Tim McCormick
+1 503.334.1894.  Zoom personal room.
Moderator PDX Shelter Forum, Editor at HousingWiki,
Organizer at Village Collaborative


Re: Join Us! - Housing Oregon conference - Thursday Oct. 7 schedule

Donna Cohen
 

Thanks, Tim!

Donna

 

Donna L Cohen, MLIS, MEd

Portland, Oregon

503-737-1425

dcohen@...

Civics for Adults – and Others – Workshops: To Enhance Civic Knowledge and Inspire Political Engagement

Webpage www.civicthinker.info

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Civics-for-Adults-1490728887922036/

“My philosophy is very simple. When you see something that is not fair, not right, not just – stand up, say something, speak up!” Rep. John Lewis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6lzPpqc2WY

 

 

From: pdxshelterforum@groups.io <pdxshelterforum@groups.io> On Behalf Of Tim McCormick
Sent: Thursday, October 7, 2021 11:29 AM
To: pdxshelterforum@groups.io
Subject: Re: [pdxshelterforum] Join Us! - Housing Oregon conference - Thursday Oct. 7 schedule

 

to attend, register using code "HonoredGuest". 

 

12-1pm session: recap of 2021 Oregon Legislative Session actions on Affordable Housing, with Representative Julie Fahey & others.

 

3-5pm: on the remarkable just-passed SB 458, allowing residential land parcels to be subdivided and separately owned. I think this is potentially a pathway to creating low-cost, small village-type housing clusters, and/or cooperative housing, throughout the state. 

 

On Thu, Oct 7, 2021 at 6:01 AM Housing Oregon <housingoregon@...> wrote:

Thursday, October 7  Schedule of Sessions

Dear Tim, 

We're halfway through Housing Oregon's Industry Support Conferene. We invite you to join us at the lunch hour today (12 PM Pacific) for a look back at the 2021 Oregon Legislative session and what comes next for affordable housing.

 

 

Representative Julie Fahey, District 14, Oregon Legislature

 

Senator Kayse Jama, District 24, Oregon Legislature

 

Representative Jack Zika, District 53, Oregon Legislature

The 2021 Oregon Legislative Session: Advancing Affordable Housing Through A Time of Crisis

Thursday, October 7:  12:00 pm Pacific

Grab some lunch and join a panel discussion with Legislative leaders and housing advocates who will reflect on the significant wins of this past session and the work left to tackle moving forward. Hear reflections on how these new resources and policies respond to the challenges we face brought on by the COVID pandemic and catastrophic wildfires while advancing long-term housing solutions that will chip away at ongoing systemic racial disparities we face.

 

 

How to join-in each day

  • Each day of the event, visit the Resilient Communities event website.
  • Sign in via the upper-right hand corner. Forgot your password? Don't worry, ou can reset it.
  • Click on "Sessions" tab to search for dates and times.
  • Zoom "Watch Now" link appears 10 minutes before session begins.  If for some reason you do not see the "Watch Now" link, try refreshing your browser. Zoom room will open when presenters are ready.

Candace Jamison, Executive Director, Marion County Housing Authority - Workshop: Lessons in Community and Family Resilience from the 2020 Wildfires

Emily Reiman, Executive Director, DevNW - Workshop: SB 8 - Expanding Affordable Housing Options on Commercially Zoned Properties

 

Thursday, October 7 Schedule

9:00 am - 10:00 am 

10:30 am - 11:30 am

12:00 pm - 1:00 pm

1:30 pm - 2:30 pm

3:00 pm - 4:00 pm

 

Check out more details in the Program Guide

  • Thanks to our 46 sponsors
  • Featured speakers
  • Tracks - Workshops under each theme 
  • Daily sessions-at-a-glance 
  • Workshop details listed chronologically: 

·        

    • Date and time
    • Respective tracks
    • Descriptions
    • Presenters
  • Speakers listed alphabetically 

 

Thank You to Our Conference Sponsors

Presenting Sponsors

 

 

Walsh Construction

Sapphire and Emerald Sponsors

 

Oregon Housing and Community Services

 

 

JP Morgan Chase Bank

Ruby Sponsors

 

Orrick

 

PNC Bank Real Estate

 

LMC Construction

 

Access Architecture

 

Boise Housing Corporation

 

Enterprise Community Partners

 

LRS Architects

 

Salazar Architect

US Bank

 

Umpqua Bank

 

Thank You to Our Conference Sponsors

Amethyst Sponsors

--

--

Tim McCormick

+1 503.334.1894.  Zoom personal room.

Moderator PDX Shelter Forum, Editor at HousingWiki,
Organizer at Village Collaborative


Re: Join Us! - Housing Oregon conference - Thursday Oct. 7 schedule

Tim McCormick
 

to attend, register using code "HonoredGuest". 

12-1pm session: recap of 2021 Oregon Legislative Session actions on Affordable Housing, with Representative Julie Fahey & others.

3-5pm: on the remarkable just-passed SB 458, allowing residential land parcels to be subdivided and separately owned. I think this is potentially a pathway to creating low-cost, small village-type housing clusters, and/or cooperative housing, throughout the state. 

On Thu, Oct 7, 2021 at 6:01 AM Housing Oregon <housingoregon@...> wrote:

Thursday, October 7  Schedule of Sessions

Dear Tim, 

We're halfway through Housing Oregon's Industry Support Conferene. We invite you to join us at the lunch hour today (12 PM Pacific) for a look back at the 2021 Oregon Legislative session and what comes next for affordable housing.

Representative Julie Fahey, District 14, Oregon Legislature

Senator Kayse Jama, District 24, Oregon Legislature

Representative Jack Zika, District 53, Oregon Legislature

The 2021 Oregon Legislative Session: Advancing Affordable Housing Through A Time of Crisis

Thursday, October 7:  12:00 pm Pacific

Grab some lunch and join a panel discussion with Legislative leaders and housing advocates who will reflect on the significant wins of this past session and the work left to tackle moving forward. Hear reflections on how these new resources and policies respond to the challenges we face brought on by the COVID pandemic and catastrophic wildfires while advancing long-term housing solutions that will chip away at ongoing systemic racial disparities we face.

How to join-in each day

  • Each day of the event, visit the Resilient Communities event website.
  • Sign in via the upper-right hand corner. Forgot your password? Don't worry, ou can reset it.
  • Click on "Sessions" tab to search for dates and times.
  • Zoom "Watch Now" link appears 10 minutes before session begins.  If for some reason you do not see the "Watch Now" link, try refreshing your browser. Zoom room will open when presenters are ready.

Candace Jamison, Executive Director, Marion County Housing Authority - Workshop: Lessons in Community and Family Resilience from the 2020 Wildfires

Emily Reiman, Executive Director, DevNW - Workshop: SB 8 - Expanding Affordable Housing Options on Commercially Zoned Properties

Thursday, October 7 Schedule

    9:00 am - 10:00 am 

    10:30 am - 11:30 am

    12:00 pm - 1:00 pm

      1:30 pm - 2:30 pm

      3:00 pm - 4:00 pm

      Program Guide

      Check out more details in the Program Guide

      • Thanks to our 46 sponsors
      • Featured speakers
      • Tracks - Workshops under each theme 
      • Daily sessions-at-a-glance 
      • Workshop details listed chronologically: 
        • Date and time
        • Respective tracks
        • Descriptions
        • Presenters
      • Speakers listed alphabetically 

      Thank You to Our Conference Sponsors

      Presenting Sponsors

      Sapphire and Emerald Sponsors

      Ruby Sponsors

      Thank You to Our Conference Sponsors

      Amethyst Sponsors

      --
      --
      Tim McCormick
      +1 503.334.1894.  Zoom personal room.
      Moderator PDX Shelter Forum, Editor at HousingWiki,
      Organizer at Village Collaborative


      TODAY 7-8pm, SquareOne Villages online event, hear from villagers

      Tim McCormick
       

      "inspiring stories from residents at EACH of our villages, new project updates from Executive Director, Dan Bryant, and some incredibly impactful news."  [probably about new state funding and new sites approvals]. 
      Free, RSVP here.  

      --
      Tim McCormick
      +1 503.334.1894.  Zoom personal room.
      Moderator PDX Shelter Forum, Editor at HousingWiki,
      Organizer at Village Collaborative


      ---------- Forwarded message ---------
      From: SquareOne Villages <info@...>
      Date: Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 9:00 AM
      Subject: Today is the Day!
      To: Tim McCormick <squareonevillages.org@...>
      SquareOne's virtual event is TONIGHT from 7-8pm, be sure to RSVP and check out our auction! ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌
       

      Today is the Day!

      Join us tonight from 7-8pm for an energetic entertainment experience! You'll hear inspiring stories from residents at EACH of our villages, new project updates from Executive Director, Dan Bryant, and some incredibly impactful news.

      You won't want to miss it. Be sure to RSVP for the event and check out our auction!

      Virtual Event TODAY from 7-8pm 

      RSVP for Virtual Event!

      The auction is now OPEN! It will close on Friday Oct 8th at noon.

      Visit the Auction HERE
       
       

      Add to your calendar here:

      ADD GOOGLE
       
      ADD APPLE ICAL
       
      ADD OUTLOOK.COM
       
      ADD OUTLOOK
       
       

      SquareOne Villages is a 501c3 nonprofit organization with the mission of creating self-managed communities of cost-effective tiny homes for people with low-incomes in need of housing.

      Follow Us

      Having trouble viewing this email? View it in your web browser

      Contact Us

      SquareOne Villages
      15 N Polk St
      Eugene, Oregon 97402
      (541) 525-0501
      info@...

      Share This

      Unsubscribe or Manage Your Preferences

      141 - 160 of 873