Re: People For Portland Town Hall 6-? pm today: Public Safety Solutions

Sue Gemmell

I attended. The event seemed very contrived. Maria Smithson implied that all 1000 attendees supported P4P, and the mayor, and more police ... and I am skeptical. Speakers continued to be very light on details.

My unanswered question: "What would the 300 officers do exactly that would improve safety? Please provide specific details, and illustrate how these activities have proven to reduce crime."

I know, I get hung up on data and evidence.

Sue

--

Sue Gemmell (she/ella)

Online Communities and Knowledge Management

suegemmell.com