Re: 11-story building to displace low-income residents in Kenton

Trena Sutton

As I read this approximately 14 units would be torn down in favor of this large project. The age of the current dwellings is significant. Where will the current residents go while its being built? Will the displaced families have the choice to move in first?

The project sounds enormous but inducements may be favorable to families. The rub may be a loss of yards for children to play in or the ability to have small gardens or planted flowers.

We desperately need more affordable housing and I hope all will benefit from this project.

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021, 8:44 AM Taffy Everts <taffy@...> wrote:

Thanks for your supportive comments! The proposed building site is the two lots at 1810 and 1838 N Argyle Street at N Fenwick. The project will be presented at the Kenton Neighborhood Association (KNA) board meeting tomorrow evening. More info about the building is at https://historickenton.com/new-development-proposed-for-n-argyle/.

I will forward the lawyer’s email link to one of the current residents.

Sincerely,

Taffy