Re: SWHRL meeting tonight to feature speakers on homelessness solutions used in LA and Philadelphia, 7-8:30 PM

Tim McCormick

thank you Sally for this event announcement, sounds very interesting. Today 7pm, on Zoom

Prof R. Scott Mitchell, co-author of Give Me Shelter https://www.oroeditions.com/product/give-me-shelter,

I've read this book, and also discuss the project MADWORKSHOP it describes, in my book in progress, Village Buildings
(http://VillageBuildings.housing.wiki) -- particularly, in comparison to the somewhat similar POD Initiative project in Portland.

On Wed, May 19, 2021 at 11:52 AM Sally Bachman <Sarahbach@...> wrote:

You don't need to live in the Southwest Hills Residential League (SWHRL) area to tune in to this meeting. All are welcome to join via zoom. -- Sincerely, Sally Bachman

Featuring:

Prof R. Scott Mitchell, USC School of Architecture and co-author of Give Me Shelter https://www.oroeditions.com/product/give-me-shelter, will discuss Los Angeles' use of pre-fabricated transitional housing to tackle the homelessness crisis;

and Dr. Bob Davis, formerly co-manager of a city hospital's Drug & Alcohol Detox Unit, will talk about Philadelphia’s successful program for providing homeless people the necessary services enable them to move into stable, long-term housing.

Details below:

https://mailchi.mp/dec056816c9f/come-to-our-neighborhood-meeting-april-6179729?e=590b354feb

SWHRL Neighborhood Meeting

Wednesday, May 19

7:00-8:30 pm

Featuring expert speakers from across the US on successful methods for addressing homelessness

On Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87205573096?pwd=aWtYUXFPMFc3L2RTWjhTemptYkRudz09

We hope you can join us at the SWHRL members' meeting this Wednesday at 7:00 PM on Zoom. This is an important annual meeting to elect the Board and set the direction for the year ahead.

In addition, Prof R. Scott Mitchell, USC School of Architecture and co-author of Give Me Shelter https://www.oroeditions.com/product/give-me-shelter, will discuss Los Angeles' use of pre-fabricated transitional housing to tackle the homelessness crisis; and Dr. Bob Davis, formerly co-manager of a city hospital's Drug & Alcohol Detox Unit, will talk about Philadelphia’s successful program for providing homeless people the necessary services enable them to move into stable, long-term housing.

Please invite your neighbors. (If you are not yet a member but live or work in the SWHRL neighborhood, just send an email with your name and address to contact@....) We want to hear what YOU want from your neighborhood association!

We are looking for new Board members

Qualifications:

  • Membership in SWHRL
  • Passion for our neighborhood and city
  • Willingness to pitch in

If you are interested in serving or want more information, contact president@....

Hope to see you on the 19th!

PSA: Ride Connection invites you to check out its new Travel Options Tool at https://rideconnection.org/services/travel-options-tool to see what travel options serve your area and best suit your needs.