From: pdxshelterforum@groups.io <pdxshelterforum@groups.io> On Behalf Of Tim McCormick via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2021 5:27 AM
To: pdxshelterforum@groups.io
Subject: [pdxshelterforum] today 10-11am webinar: #BuiltForZero [homelessness] & Public Interest Technology

POWER TO THE PUBLIC: TACKLING HOMELESSNESS

Join us for an event featuring the book's authors and Built for Zero leaders.

May 13, 2021

Online event today 10am PDT, 1pm EDT, featuring #BuiltForZero program from Community Solutions, and the well-known founder of CS, Roseanne Haggerty.

You MUST register here:

** If any issues, contact hosts Community Solutions - I am not running this, won't be able to help. **

Built For Zero is a very significant program/org that recently got huge funding boost from the MacArthur Foundation.

They have a particular approach to defining and achieving "functional zero" homelessness for target populations -- typically, either chronic or veteran homelessness.

This particular webinar appears to be looking especially at an  "Public Interest Technology," and features authors of recent book on this. #BuiltForZero is a key example discussed in the book.

From what I know and can see, I really recommend this webinar. If you haven't yet heard about BuiltForZero in your community, chances are you will before long, and your officials / agency heads have already. Including recently in Portland, -- where basically their program was adopted straight out by A Home For Everyone, Executive Committee, without public discussion or consultation with the Coordinating Board.

Could be fine, great, in outcome -- I don't know, I'm just skeptical as usual, especially when they didn't ask us our views on it.

The Executive Committee peremptorily chose Community Solutions - seems like the typical amusing ironic way of the world, from my p.o.v., but who asked my opinion on that anyway, ever? ;)