Re: Low-cost Spaceframe Housing Concept Proposal

Skip Trantow

Sampath,

Thanks for sharing your work – it’s very inspirational!   Enabling people to get into their own houses, no matter how small and modest, is, I think, a key aspect.  Our own house is something we take pride in, maintain and personalize, and this is what creates a safe caring neighborhood.  And thanks for the info on the ‘Dexion’ house.  A ‘kit of parts’ that the owner can self-assemble with simple tools.  Very cool!

/Skip

On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 9:10 PM Sampath Reddy <sampath.althur@...> wrote:
Skip,

Great thoughts. Loved the innovative thinking.
I'm thinking of a tree house , this would be like a a gigantic tree house experiment types. Would be fun though.
The challenge could be sourcing services like water, plumbing et al.. solveable though.

I think we need more tiny experiments and showcase successes.

I'm from Bangalore India and almost all houses here have flat rooftops. Incremental self build housing is a norm.

Most people partly use the flat terraces for drying cloths, chillies et al. Houses here don't have backyards because of the high population density here. But have flat rooftops. Rooftops are akin to backyards in the US.

I liked the terms you used. Creating 'Artificial Land', 'Space Harvesting' and Urban Development Innovation.

I've been eying rooftops to add distributed micro housing units to provide affordable rental housing to migrants and providing livelihood to small house owners in the sub urbs where permitting is relatively easy compared to core urban areas and incremental housing is a norm.

Also liked and had thought of the idea before of creating a raised platform deck above slum huts to add additional housing using the vertical space above.

I use modular industrial shelving frames aka slotted angle iron frames to build modular structures.

Check out some inspiration for my work from Dexion founder of slotted angles and some of my projects below.

My Projects :

My Social  handle:

Thank you for the continued inspiration.

Best
Sampath Reddy

On Mon, 3 May, 2021, 10:06 Keith Wilson, <keithwilson@...> wrote:
Skip, I applaud you. I certainly have my ideas but the scale is so vast and our neighbors are passing away at our feet that we simply need all of the above. There is no wrong door. Thanks.

Keith Wilson

TITAN Freight Systems
503-849-0713